Nitro abusing MS bug

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Nitro abusing MS bug

Nitro abused a MS bug as the MSs in attack log are 5x as powerful as they should be. With abusing the bug he managed to take down a defence he otherwise would have much more trouble taking down. Due to MS in attack logs still being 5x as powerful, the difference between two MSs when attacking, if one is powerful enough to add to ground strike, is also 5x as big.
As a proof one of the facts are that his MS first added 613 bil damage to strike and then in the next attack 1500 bil damage to attack. The actual MS power decrease was 500bil in strike and, I'm assuming, about 500b in shield power. However those numbers were all multiplied by 5x as they were all 5x bigger than they actually are, post-MS update. This means that, because MS shouldn't go down by 500b strike and 500b shield but in reality by 100b strike and 100b shield his MS couldn't have added 900bil strike difference (between 2 consecutive strike), but merely 200b strike difference AT MOST.
There is more example in more attack logs, consecutive attack logs, however I believe one is completely enough.
Using this he was able to mass a much more powerful defence which he otherwise couldn't do so quickly as his MS should add 3000 bil strike to ground, if ground strike was 3000bil, however only when enemy MS is completely massed down or has no MS.
My MS was still about 3500 bil strong when his MS started penetrating my MS and added to strike. This is impossible if it weren't for the bug he abused. He also abused this bug yesterday. After seeing it I immediately notified admin about the bug but, apparently, he hasn't seen it yet.

Unless I hear a valid explanation as to how this was not a bug abuse, Nitro - you will be banned.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Re: Nitro abusing MS bug

please show me where this happens as I cant see where the problem is. My Mothership added to my strike on your ground troops. this has not changed since I first started playing this game.

My ship is almost twice as powerful as yours so it stands to reason it wont take very long to crush you.

You jack are a bad loser! If you cant take a beating then you should not play.

The bug you mention has nothing to do with ships power, its only how the ship appears on the command center pages. Increasing or decreasing workload does not affect the power of the mothership, but only how it appears on the page and ranking.

If you ban me for this I will have you stripped of your cop powers for sure.

Also if even this was true if my ship was 5x in power also yours would have been.

this is an attack on someone with a real mothership Neo.

Nitro , personally commanding Ancient ship natara, their MotherShip, initiates the battle.
Neo was was commanding Voluptuous Vixen, thier MotherShip.
Ancient ship natara hovers above the battle!
Voluptuous Vixen meets it head on!
Ancient ship natara uses its Energy Volley to inflict 15,657.320 billion damage, destroying 272 Energy Shields on Voluptuous Vixen!
The Mothership has exhausted all of its offensive power.

Voluptuous Vixen uses its Nuclear Volley to inflict 16,751.820 billion damage, destroying 333 Energy Shields on Ancient ship natara!
Blowing through the defenses, it also destroyed 90 Energy Volley!

The Mothership has exhausted all of its offensive power.
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Ancient God Anubis

As much as the MS should of been corrected..
I don't think this is a valid reason for banning Nitro. Your MS would also have been x5 stronger and so you can't really abuse it.
Hopefully admin fixes the MS issue quickly.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Nitro 12,201,776,821 Naquadah stolen 1 52 256 5,747 billion 6,325 billion details
Nitro Attack defended 1 61 217 5,871 billion 5,444 billion details
Nitro Attack defended 1 74 182 5,936 billion 4,611 billion details
Nitro Attack defended 1 83 162 5,467 billion 3,798 billion details
Nitro Attack defended 1 106 128 5,948 billion 3,235 billion details

These 5 attacks show how quickly your power went up which shouldn't because absolute difference between MSs didn't change so fast.

Yes both MSs were 5x as powerful when attacking, but you've got to look at how the absolute difference changes, not relative powers, as the game takes absolute difference when calculating how much is left for ground strike.

Lets say your MS was double than mine, which is not the case as it was less than this. So let's take an example as if my MS was 3b and your was 6b. That's 3b difference. Now when you multiply that by 5, it's suddenly 15b and 30b. That's 15b difference. So while the relative difference stays it's the absolute difference that's 5x bigger. While attacking someone that means that for each 100b actual power lost on MS, in command center, it's 500b lost when attacking. That means your MS added 5x as much on ground attack as it should. Which is why you could mass as if the MSs weren't nerfed. Thus you abused the bug.

The bug is also not about what is shown in command center, but the bug is in attacking - MSs are 5x as powerful when attacking as they should be.

So your MS did add strike to ground troops which is a feature, however your MS added 5x as much strike as it should actually add, which is a bug which you use(d) to mass people.

Also as I see there's been some confusion - Nitro abusing the bug yesterday was also done on me, not on anyone else (at least not to my knowledge), however yesterday when I also messaged admin afterwards I didn't really go into all details and didn't figure out that the MS actually, not only appeared 5x as powerful in attack log, but actually also DID 5x as much damage, which is most notably shown when MS adds to ground strike. If I had noticed that, I would have made this topic already. Sadly I only thought the bug was of a cosmetic nature and that it appeared as if the MS was 5x as strong, which is what I told admin.

I also received report of someone else, who wants to stay anonymous, that Nitro had done the same to him - abusing the MS bug. So he is knowingly abusing the bug to gain an upper hand in battles.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt

I did not notice any bug... I just do the killing, not the maths!

Therefore your assumption that I knowingly abused or used the bug is incorrect.

how does one calculate what the power of the mothership is meant to show in the command center.

Like I said I am no maths geek.

we are now over 1000 hours into this era and all of a sudden theres a bug been detected, maybe I should mass you more often to discover these wierd issues.

I would like to point out though with over 8000 in attack techs, even without a mothership it would have been just as easy to mass, and you would still be sat there trying to find your missing weapons.

Im glad however you managed to report this issue so quickly, other than the time you was farming blain when he wasnt even on the rankings. Well done!
Last edited by malbrega on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

The MS nerfing was visible in command center as there was a message up for a few days, and a topic was made to alert of this bug.
You saying you didn't know about it is just a lousy excuse to try and justify your actions.

Unless you provide any compelling evidence that would suggest you didn't use the bug to your advantage, it is very clear that you abused it at least 3 times that I know of, 2 times on me and 1 time on a fellow player. In those 3 times you would have noticed that something was wrong if you in fact hadn't purposely abused the bug.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt

you mean the topic that was posted on Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:35 am

IF there was a message on the command center which I never saw, admin would have fixed any prob there and then.

Also there is no message there now as I have looked, just that feeding is illegal.

Stop making things up as you go along.. thankyou

There will be no further communication, I will speak to Hippy about it and I suggest you wait for him to log on before doing anything you may later come to regret.
Last edited by malbrega on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaboom
Forum Expert
Alliance: AllMyNaq

Neimenljivi wrote:Nitro abused a MS bug as the MSs in attack log are 5x as powerful as they should be. With abusing the bug he managed to take down a defence he otherwise would have much more trouble taking down. Due to MS in attack logs still being 5x as powerful, the difference between two MSs when attacking, if one is powerful enough to add to ground strike, is also 5x as big.
As a proof one of the facts are that his MS first added 613 bil damage to strike and then in the next attack 1500 bil damage to attack. The actual MS power decrease was 500bil in strike and, I'm assuming, about 500b in shield power. However those numbers were all multiplied by 5x as they were all 5x bigger than they actually are, post-MS update. This means that, because MS shouldn't go down by 500b strike and 500b shield but in reality by 100b strike and 100b shield his MS couldn't have added 900bil strike difference (between 2 consecutive strike), but merely 200b strike difference AT MOST.
There is more example in more attack logs, consecutive attack logs, however I believe one is completely enough.
Using this he was able to mass a much more powerful defence which he otherwise couldn't do so quickly as his MS should add 3000 bil strike to ground, if ground strike was 3000bil, however only when enemy MS is completely massed down or has no MS.
My MS was still about 3500 bil strong when [size=150]his MS started penetrating my MS[/size]
and added to strike. This is impossible if it weren't for the bug he abused. He also abused this bug yesterday. After seeing it I immediately notified admin about the bug but, apparently, he hasn't seen it yet.

Unless I hear a valid explanation as to how this was not a bug abuse, Nitro - you will be banned.

~Jack[/color]

Safe penetration i hope
AWARDS

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "

Res, Non verba

Rudy Pena wrote:All OE members keep it respectful or do not post at all. Keep the thread heathly.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

So what should he have done, Neimenljivi? Attack without MS? Not attack at all (i.e. give up playing this wave)?

Also, why is it always you? :) Why does Nitro never get banned for attacking others? You have the appearance of personal bias against you, for all your words of absolutes and facts.
Is it not about time you leave this Nitro to Hippy and Goo, instead of always going after him yourself? :) You overreached. Retract. ;)
xXxsephirothxXx
One Winged Angel
Alliance: [DxM]
Race: Ancients
ID: 1918259

kaboom wrote:
Neimenljivi wrote:Nitro abused a MS bug as the MSs in attack log are 5x as powerful as they should be. With abusing the bug he managed to take down a defence he otherwise would have much more trouble taking down. Due to MS in attack logs still being 5x as powerful, the difference between two MSs when attacking, if one is powerful enough to add to ground strike, is also 5x as big.
My MS was still about 3500 bil strong when [size=150]his MS started penetrating my MS[/size]
and added to strike. This is impossible if it weren't for the bug he abused. He also abused this bug yesterday. After seeing it I immediately notified admin about the bug but, apparently, he hasn't seen it yet.

~Jack[/color]

Safe penetration i hope

:smt043
Pain and Death is the cost of Fun! ~Zaraki Kenpachi 8)
Talking as a Mod
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Of course it's been detected just now, the update happened less than a week ago so it's not like it's been here whole era, and it worked fine until the update, after the update this bug happened.

Of course it would be possible, I'm not denying that. Heck anything can be massed, especially if the person is offline. However it would be much more costly.

The message was there for a few days. I think it was there until yesterday or sometime during the night today, I can't be sure as I was partying. There is no message anymore, that is correct. It was there for a few days to alert people.

Many bugs emerge, admin can't see all in advance.

I've seen enough, you have abused the bug multiple times, and as was sent to me today - not only on me, and the only arguments you can provide in your favor are that you didn't know and that I'm making it up about the message in command center which admin left for a few days - which is a load of manure. Abusing bugs is against the rules and a bannable offence. I have given you the time to present your case and to show you're innocent - you have failed to do so. I have been more than generous in this respect.

PS: Don't think I'm making things up to get an excuse to ban you - a certain player has reported you for suspicious behavior about a week ago to me via ingame PM and, as I could not find any proof that you actually were guilty of it, I told him you did nothing wrong at the time and you can't be banned. If you hadn't abused the bug, I wouldn't have created this topic now.

Juliette - what would be the correct thing to do is to not abuse the bug - the topic was there, admin was alerted, and the bug will be fixed. He abused the bug before it could be fixed.
He did not get banned for attacking me the first time - he got banned for being fed. Yes I made a case against him back then, because after his actions I took the time to investigate and saw the inconsistencies which couldn't have been there, if it hadn't been for foul play. He does not get banned for attacking me now, heck he's tried to mass me what, 5 times so far? Probably a bit more after his last ban and when all was ok, when he didn't cheat to do it, I didn't even try to make a case against him. He abused a bug now - I can't see other people's attack logs which is why I don't know, if I am not told by others, against who he has abused the same bug so far, nor can I see if anything is wrong when he attacks others. However when I am massed, especially by someone with a past as shady as Nitro's, I do investigate if I see something weird. Sadly I didn't see how severe the bug was the last time he tried massing me, as I was just about to go to bed when I checked.
All three of us also suspect Nitro of other illegal activity which, sadly, we cannot prove ourselves.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt

It now seems I have been banned by Jack as I just sabbed him again....

I ask everyone how am I supposed to enjoy playing this game while being persecuted by Jack!!

Also I dont have to prove my innocents as its for you to prove my guilt!! which you have failed in doing? as there is nothing to prove.....

yes the inconsistances that you couldnt quite prove just happened to coinside with you being massed by me....

Jack you full of it!!!
Last edited by malbrega on Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Erm..I said I was going to ban you for abusing the bug, how has you sabbing 200 defence weapons worth 6,6bil have anything to do with this?

Play fairly and you won't be prosecuted. You did mass me after I banned you, you did try to mass me several times as well, and I haven't done anything as it was all fair. Until you started abusing this bug, that is.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt

your just a bad player who now wants a 24 hour head start before I destroy you again... last time it was a 72 hour gap for me to catch up... and thats why it took me a while.

I request hippy to ban you for abusing the ban button....

Just so you know I will be massing you again and I cant wait for the next excuse, using the wrong weapons???

I am very dissapointed!!
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Ancient God Anubis

So what your saying Jack is that anyone who has made an attack since the update has abused a bug? All active players must been banned for 24 hours then.
Im sorry mate but on this one I am against you. I only noticed the MS power today so he hasn't really abused it.

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”