Nitro abusing MS bug

malbrega
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

Re: Nitro abusing MS bug

My mothership completly overpowered yours you havnt posted your ships weapons and shields at all.

If I was a cop and someone massed me like this I would not reach out for the ban button.
Drought
Forum Expert

So he was the only one massing atm ?
edit*

As, if I am not mistaken, its happening with everyone, now ?
a very bad hairdo
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

That's because I don't need to share this account information with you because it's irrelevant. I had more than 5,000 bil MS power in total - that much I will tell you. You had approx. 7,500 bil so your MS didn't totally overpower mine - it was better, but still not good enough to do as much damage, if you hadn't been abusing the bug, as it did.

Depends what you mean by atm, mate ;) I haven't really gone through all those dozens of pages of attack logs but to my knowledge he is the only one to have used the bug, not only on me I might add, to gain an unfair advantage when fighting. You see, the bug doesn't affect those people in those battles that neither of the MSs can penetrate the other MS as much that it adds to ground strike. So all those battles are virtually unaffected - the numbers are bigger, but it is all used on opposing MS that is also 5x bigger so no harm there. However every battle that the opposing MS adds to ground strike is bugged as it adds 5x too much. Mostly the strikes are low enough so that the amount the MS adds is limited by the strike anyway - so albeit bugged, has no real consequence and can be neglected - it is only a big problem when MS adds more than it otherwise could add. In this particular case, Nitro's MS added way too much power to the ground strike and he abused it with the tactic of building strike the size of 1/2 of opponent's defence and let MS do the rest - MS wouldn't be able to do it if it weren't for the bug, not completely double the strike as he had 3,450 bil strike and his MS only had 3,050 bil strike - however in one specific attack he had done up to 6,941 bil damage to me - a deficit of 441 bil damage if I had no MS or my MS had been completely destroyed already - in this specific attack it still had 1/4 of it's power (judging by how much damage my MS inflicted back).

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Drought
Forum Expert

So it does happen with everyone, for days already.

If he had a bigger ground strike, wouldn't your damages also have been higher ?
If I am not mistaken, it only cost him less to do it this way.

Not to be a nag, but something tells me he's massing you anyway...
a very bad hairdo
malbrega
Forum Grunt

you keep churning out crap see you in 3 days jack if im not still banned , Im going to mass you again and again and again and again and again.......
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Yes it cost him less, we all know anything is massable if you have enough resources so yeah.. Reducing the cost is crucial.

Please Nitro, spare the manure, you've been threatening me for ages, and all you've done in the last 14 days is 4 failed massing attempts in which you lost a lot, and one successful mass when I wasn't online for about a day. And I didn't increase my def for like a week. So 1 out of 5. You're really, really pro and to be feared mate :-D

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Ancient God Anubis

Neimenljivi wrote:Yes it cost him less, we all know anything is massable if you have enough resources so yeah.. Reducing the cost is crucial.

Please Nitro, spare the manure, you've been threatening me for ages, and all you've done in the last 14 days is 4 failed massing attempts in which you lost a lot, and one successful mass when I wasn't online for about a day. And I didn't increase my def for like a week. So 1 out of 5. You're really, really pro and to be feared mate :-D

~Jack

You continue to abuse your powers mate. He didn't abuse any bug. Your MS benefited from this also.
You can't go on like this mate.
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Someone post some proper proof! I wil be home in 48 hours. i want exact numbers and explanations of everything!

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

First attack wrote:Ancient ship natara uses its Energy Volley to inflict 15,323.000 billion damage, destroying 322 Energy Shields on erection!
Blowing through the defenses, it also destroyed 157 Energy Volley!
The Mothership has exhausted all of its offensive power.

erection uses its Energy Volley to inflict 9,914.180 billion damage, destroying 126 Energy Shields on Ancient ship natara!

Ancient ship is Nitro's MS.

15,323.000 billion/5 (due to the bug) = 3,064.6 bil strike power that his MS actually had.
However, using the bug he was able to use more than the entire strike power on his MS to add to ground troops.

In first attack he did 3,453 billion damage to me which was, seeing how that was the top of all strikes without the help of MS, about the entire attack strength he had.

6,941 billion is the biggest amount of damage he's done to me, with MS doubling his strike. This means he's gained approx 3,450 billion strike add from MS alone which, if it weren't for the bug he used, couldn't be possible as his MS only had 3,064.6 bil strike power. This was the attack when my MS still had, if I judge from the strike of my MS from attack log (with x5 due to the bug it was 2,874.058 billion strike, meaning ~575 billion strike and I'm guessing about 600 bil shield power) more than 1 tril power. Meaning what his MS could have added about 2 tril, but probably less, AT MOST, judging from my MS power at the time, which would still make his strike + MS add on a lot less than my defensive power was. His MS added, not 2 tril power, but 3.45 tril power meaning he used the bug to gain an unfair almost 1,5 tril MS power that he was able to use as an addition to ground strike. Using this bug he was able to get a bigger boost from MS than the MS actually had the power to add and, using it, he was able to get through defense and mass it successfully with a lot less cost to him.
If this is not a proper proof of bug abuse which allowed someone to gain an unfair advantage (which was in this particular case about 40% of his strike, as using the bug he gained approx 1,5 tril MS power more than his actual MS strike power was, and he had 3,45 tril attack power) then I don't know what a proper proof is.
Using a bug to your advantage, to gain resources illegally or an illegal boost to account (and as I've shown above - Nitro used the bug to gain an illegal boost to his account's attacking abilities, on which he relied I might add, as without the bug he wouldn't have been able to do a successful attack with the set up of accounts in that specific attack nor in any of the previous attacks) is bug abuse and a bannable offence.

This is just one of the attacks, there were many more on me alone in which he used the bugged MS increase, without which he couldn't have been successful in his attack, to be able to breach my defenses and, in term, use a lot less repair naq, a lot less weapons, units and of course a lot less turns.

He used the same bug while massing another player, to get a bigger boost from MS than the actual strike on MS was, not to mention the opposing player's MS wasn't down either so he didn't gain like a 500 billion power to MS, due to this bug, but since the opposing MS wasn't down he gained like 2 tril power to his MS. As those were not my attack logs the exact powers he gained due to the bug are just an estimation (hence to answer some people as to how come I spot some cheating when I am massed - if I am not given the exact attack logs, how can I spot someone using a bug to their advantage if I can't see the exact power fluctuations?), but the fact is that he used those additional powers caused by the bug in his advantage which is abusing a bug.

He has also done that to me 2 days before, but sadly I didn't notice it then. Basically he used the same thing as described at one specific attack above, but if I am to describe each and every attack, do the maths for each and every attack he used that for, I'd probably be sitting here for a few days.

So let's not forget that he abused this bug, not only once, but thrice, and not only on me but on a fellow player. Hippy if you want or don't believe me - I can ask him whether he'd feel comfortable with me sharing the info with you or not, as he has asked to remain anonymous.

Again to those that blame me how I'm abusing my powers - if I were, don't you think I would have banned him when he tried, rather than waiting for him to succeed and make it look more suspicious by posting against him then? Also I don't recall me doing anything else than belittling his mass after he was unbanned the first time as he actually did it, in that occasion, fairly with no cheating involved.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

HippyFool wrote:Someone post some proper proof! I wil be home in 48 hours. i want exact numbers and explanations of everything!
There is none, as you can see by the wall of text required to explain 'why' Nitro was banned.. an attempt to 'talk a reason into existence'. This entire case is subjective and stains the office of the Game Cop.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

You can't abuse a bug if you have no option of whether or not the bug affects you. Bug abuse is going through some procedure to gain an advantage from a bug that you could otherwise avoid. If your MS gains 5x power every time you attack no matter what... there is no way around it (as you have to attack to play) therefore not "bug abuse."

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Juliette - if he wants an explanation of everything and all exact numbers I can hardly do that in one line, can I?

If you still don't see how he couldn't mass as easily without this bug then I wash my hands off all of this. I know I did the right thing and that's what matters to me. I know I'd do that to any other player, regardless of my history with them, in a heartbeat and people are yet to tell me of other players who relied on this bug to gain advantage (even though apparently everyone did it and I always said I will ban anyone who did it). So far only Nitro.

Empy - bug affects everyone. However the difference is that you have the option whether or not to relay on the bug. Nitro relied on it to be able to mass as he built 1/2 of my defense in his strike and let the MS take care of other 1/2 power, however if not for the bug MS couldn't take care of that other 1/2 power as the strike power of his MS was too small for this.
How could he avoid it? Simply by not using this bug as a core of his tactic. He could have built a higher attack which of course would result in more repair naq and more ATs spent for weps and all that - but at least he wouldn't use the bug to gain more additional power from the bug to cover the difference between my defense and his strike than the whole strike power of his MS is. Using a bug to gain advantage is a bug abuse.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt

Its funny how you persist in this jack, when clearly nobody has your back...

1. Its standard procedure for me to only build half the ground strike as the opponents total defence. This is used to enable the attack on the opponents mothership and also have enough strike left after to destroy their defence(with the additional gain after the destruction of the opponents mothership).

2. Nobody is going to bother building a ground strike larger than the opponents defence for that very reason.

3. Ive been attacking in this way since the start of the era, and keeping my mothership powerful (Rank 2)

4. you banned me after the massing you recieved the time before, with no real proof either.

5. I do hope you learn from this and gain some maturity.

6. Even without the 5x power which made my ship take yours down more quickly (Bearing in mind your MS was also 5x more powerful) , I would still have had enough power left over in my mothership to grant me the 3 trillion strike ontop of my ground attack, either way there was no bug expoit or abuse.

7. You also admitted in a previous post that you had not bothered increasing your defence for weeks, and then when it gets smashed to pieces so easily blame me for a abusing a bug. In truth even if you had spent the time to improve your mothership to a sensible level it may have slowed me down for an extra minute at most and cost me slightly more naq and maybe 15 turns as my MS has much more power anyway (I remind you I have rank 2 mothership)

Regards
Nitro
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

If nobody had my back, I doubt I'd receive an ingame message with someone to whom you've done exactly the same to back me up that you did a lot more damage than you were supposed to do because of the bug :razz:

1. Yes I know, however you didn't destroy my MS before your MS already doubled your strike and, as I've shown before, if it weren't for the bug your MS couldn't have doubled your strike even if you had already destroyed my MS, which you didn't, which would lead to far more ATs being used - first for completely massing my MS down, then for buying some more attack weapons, then for dropping the defense down, and more ATs for repair naq

2. Of course not, however nobody used the bug to get more strike added from MS than the whole MS strike actually was and nobody relied on that to drop someone down

3. Yes and until the MS was nerfed that was all dandy, but after the MS nerfing, as I've shown, if it weren't for the bug you couldn't have used the same tactic which means you were able to relay on that tactic because of the bug and if it weren't for the bug, you would have to have used a different tactic (as MS wouldn't have the strength to double your strike) - meaning you relied on the bug to be able to use the same tactic

4. Really, no proof? How come all of us game cops were in agreement that there was enough proof to ban you before I actually banned you? Are you now saying that we all are abusing our powers?

5. I did nothing wrong and would do it again - in fact if anyone shows me anyone else, and proof, that they used the same bug to gain an unfair advantage as you did - I will happily ban them for it is a bug abuse

6. Yes you would, once you would have completely massed down my MS which takes turns, time, repair naq, and even so - without the bug you wouldn't have been able to double your strike which meant you couldn't take down defense either, with the said setup, with as few ATs as you were able to - heck even with the 3T strike added from MS - my def would be the same size as your attack + MS add-on, and it would depend on how the wind blew whether or not you'd get through the defense (the random factor in how much damage a defense and a strike do in the attacks) - but that would have been way after you'd taken down my MS, not while my MS still had some power.

7. Yes I wasn't bothered with increasing my def, but that has nothing to do with this. Sure - you could have massed it without abusing the bug - anyone could - but that would take a lot more resources and turns.

It's a simple question of whether or not you used less turns and naq and units due to this bug. As I've shown - if it weren't for the bug you would have to have increased your strike and/or used the equivalent of naq for repairs and in ATs for massing as you would have to have done a lot more attacks.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt

If the screen in the command center says my mothership has 7,500 b power (whic includes shield and weapon power combined). the bug you`re suggesting to is granting me more attack power than this (5x 3,250 = 16.25t) this.... but with out the bug 3,250 b power was enough to make my strike up to the desired levels. ( or is this not true)

Also admin hasnt even said what the bug is ( has admin made the ships stronger yet the command center screen is misrepresenting the figures? You are not a tester or an admin, so you`re just forming the discussion on your biased opinion.

If I had increased my ground attack weapons my ship would have done even more damage and taken you down even faster in less attacks, My MS attack would have done more damage than normal and you would have still issued the ban.

For example if I had an 8,000 b ground strike my MS would also add 8,000b strike totalling 16,000 b strike.

Either way you would push the ban button...... I can not seem to make sense to you!

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”