Nitro abusing MS bug

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Nitro abusing MS bug

Those that have relied on MS power to the extent where MS actually added more power to strike than it otherwise could actually add, if it weren't for the bug, those have abused the bug yes. However I doubt there were many of those, if any else but Nitro at all. Because, at least the most active players, would have to have over 2tril power in ground attack and even then it depends on how the MS stood against other MS.
Simply put all those who relied on the bugged MS power when attacking or defending, and relied almost entirely on that, have abused the bug. If there's anyone else who did this I cannot be sure as I can only see those who attacked me, in this particular case.
The MS nerfing happened on Wednesday at 2.30 AM for me. It's now Saturday. More than 72 hours since the nerfing, not to mention the message in command center that alerted everyone to the fix.

Also Nitro - because you keep editing your already made posts which have already been responded to - I proved you abused the bug in first post I made, and in the post in which I quoted my attack log - I proved how you used MS's bugged power to gain a strike increase that you couldn't gain, if it weren't for the bug. I proved you were guilty. You couldn't prove you were innocent. About inconsistencies - no they didn't coincide with you massing me. Some happened sooner, some happened later. But it was the massing that made me pay more attention and actually be able to spot and see all the inconsistencies.

You're free to mass me, I don't honestly care, and as long as you don't abuse a bug or cheat in any other way I won't even try to put a case against you. Massing is fair. Cheating isn't.

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt
ID: 0

This whole thing stinks, Ive looked through the bug posts theres nothing on there until gunit posted today, theres no indication of any true bug at all.

If theres an admin read this please post and also unban me, and I dont think in requesting that jack is removed as a cop is an unfair one.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Ancient ship natara uses its Energy Volley to inflict 15,323.000 billion damage, destroying 322 Energy Shields on erection!
Blowing through the defenses, it also destroyed 157 Energy Volley!
The Mothership has exhausted all of its offensive power.

erection uses its Energy Volley to inflict 9,914.180 billion damage, destroying 126 Energy Shields on Ancient ship natara!

The first attack from you on me. If it wasn't a bug, how come your total MS power was only about 7,500 bil then? It's kinda funny, because in attack log it says only your strike power on MS was 15,323 bil which is double than your total MS power?

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt

I sent this mail to urgent

After destroying one of the cops on quantum gate.. Im accused of abusing a mothership bug, that I have no idea exists. by Jack..

I cant link the discussion on the forums but there there for you to read in the game cop section. I expect a quick unban before I lose to many generated turns.

I have the support of some members of the community.

Kind Regards

P.s if you could also remove jack as one of the cops on quantum so he can never do this again, I will appreciate it.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Lol stop cheating and me and you won't have a problem.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt

Neimenljivi wrote:
Ancient ship natara uses its Energy Volley to inflict 15,323.000 billion damage, destroying 322 Energy Shields on erection!
Blowing through the defenses, it also destroyed 157 Energy Volley!
The Mothership has exhausted all of its offensive power.

erection uses its Energy Volley to inflict 9,914.180 billion damage, destroying 126 Energy Shields on Ancient ship natara!

The first attack from you on me. If it wasn't a bug, how come your total MS power was only about 7,500 bil then? It's kinda funny, because in attack log it says only your strike power on MS was 15,323 bil which is double than your total MS power?

~Jack

thought you said it was 5x now its 2x
malbrega
Forum Grunt

also I was attacking you with 3100b strike and at 7500b mothership I only need half that to make my strike over the 6000b strike to take you down... hence I used only half my motherships strike power???

you messed up this time jack again!!! and im the one sat here paying for it... but not for long..

and even if that 7500 was divided to shields and attack on mother ship I would still have 3250b strike on ship and still have enough to mass you...

your maths is worse than mine..
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

What you don't see is that only your MS STRIKE was 2x bigger than your ENTIRE MS actually was, however if you count the shield power as well, it was 5x bigger. This was to prove the bug.

Your MS strike should be 3,060 bil. My MS was still around 3,500 bil power when your MS already added to ground strike.
So you used whole MS strike which was smaller than my total MS power at the time and, due to the bug, your MS already added to strike. When your MS doubled your strike my MS was still about 2,000 - 2,500 bil power. That means that, what should be a 560 - 1,060 bil power increase to your ground attack (and a 4,160 bil strike would easily be defended by my ground defence alone, at the time), was already a 3,100 bil power increase to your ground strike - a max a MS can add since your ground strike was 3,100 bil. Using this bug you were able to mass with a lot less casualties and naq lost.

I can't put it more simply than this, but I am sure you already understand all of this.

EDIT: Since you edited your post again.. Your MS strike wasn't 3,250 bil, but 3,060 bil. You can figure that out by dividing the MS strike by 5. In either case - yes it would add, but only when my MS would be totally destroyed. Not while my MS was still at more than 1/2 of it's power.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt

yes but your mothership in this theory would also be as powerful if you had made it big enough, therefore you must see you had no disadvantage apart from a lower ship. which is hardly my fault being you could have spent the billions of naq put into your ship. but you did not.

for instance if I had no ms your ship would have defended you to your advantage, but seeing we both had ships you lost out to my ship being more powerful as I spent naq to make it so.

If I had attacked you with no ship at all could I of accused you of cheating because your ship was more powerful than it should have been. the answer is no, because we had both the same. even if ships where bugged nobody has advantage over the other.

I told you your ship was rubbish a lot of times on forums, but you didnt improve it so thats not my concern.

you must see the sense in this.

if there was no said bug, my ship would still have killed yours just as fast as the maths is the same
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

It's about how fast the MS started adding to your strike and how you used this strike boost which you shouldn't have if it weren't for the bug that makes it cheating ;) It didn't happen just once as well, 2 times on me and another time on another player who wishes to stay anonymous, those are the 3 I know of, but for all I know you could have done it a lot more.
The disadvantage is the bugged MS power difference which you used to your advantage. Yes if both ships were identical then no one would have gained anything from it. But they aren't identical.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler
malbrega
Forum Grunt

And there lies the answer your ship is not as good as mine because you havnt spent the naq on it, so its your fault you got massed so easy.

please post your shields and weapons you have on your ship for comparisson
malbrega
Forum Grunt

I think my ship is something like 12000 weapons and 9800 shields
and I cant remember my techs over 5500 though

Plus Ive just been told its not a bannable offence unless everyone with a ms is to be banned.
malbrega
Forum Grunt

No response to this part as jack has just had some self enlightenment after his self preservation.
Drought
Forum Expert

Are there any specifications released on how the weapons 'should' be ?
If not, might this even be intentional (the ms thing) ?

How longs has this been in effect ? a week ?

Don't tell me its only spotted the last two days ?
a very bad hairdo
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Nope Nitro, I just lost hope that you'd understand that the fact that my MS was smaller is not really important, what is important is that it was big enough that your MS, if it weren't for the bug, couldn't have doubled the strike you had, at least not until my MS was completely massed and I had like less than 10 shields and MS weps.
If anyone else abused the bug to gain an upper hand in battling - do tell who and provide proof and everyone that has done it does deserve to be banned.

Duck - it is clear that MS can only add strike to ground strike if the MS's strike is bigger than the entire opposite MS. The difference then adds up to ground strike up to the point where it doubles the ground strike. Nitro had smaller strike than my entire MS power was and yet it added to the ground strike. He used this and this specifically to be able to mass me.
MSs were nerfed on Wednesday. I notified admin about it on Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:17 am which was as soon as I found out - I rarely farm actives and even if I do - I don't really check attack log until my attack is defended or something like that.

~Jack
{Banned}
Spoiler

Return to “For Admin -Bugs”