total of 1,200,000 income

---

Old way;
20,000 army, made up of
20,000 UU and 0 miners

20k uu = 1,600,000 income (80*20000)
0 miners = 0 income (400*0)
total of 1,600,000 income

So actives now get 2/3rds of the income compared to previous waves.

Not sure if this was intended.. but its slowing things down. If UU still produced income, it would speed things back up a bit..

Which would make it
20,000 army, made up of
18,000 UU and 2,000 miners

18k uu = 1,440,000 income (80*18000)
2k miners = 1,200,000 income (600*2000)
total of 2,640,000 income

I think this would let the farms grow faster, so increasing the amount of naq around. Its currently growing excruciatingly slowly, anyone else think its a good idea?
jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.
ID: 0

Re: Inactives income

so what if it's slow?
lol reminds me of realm battles...

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

i like the slow grothof inactives naq makes you have to farm active player which in turn liven things up a bit
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Agreed it's slowing things down, either that or more % are auto trained to miners.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Bump Topic!!

Admin on Chat said to bring one of the Q Income topics to Admin Gary's attention...

From one Gary (Affy) to another (AdminGary) maybe we can get a minor or easy to make adjustment that will increase the available NAQ floating around the Quantum universe so that there is a little more across the board that can help everyone and liven the Era back up. The number of actual active players both in rank and signified by the currently logged in display have been decreasing. The number one reason I believe that this is happening is growing boredom with the slower pace of the growth period for this Quantum Era due to less and less available NAQ for farming from Inactives.

Now theory would say that this would increase the activity levels among the active players, as they would have to farm actives more. Well, yes, this is true, but many Q players are used to a period of farming Inactives and building up stats, and the increase in active players butting heads, and/or getting turn farmed by the small number of strong players has a lot of the ADD players losing interest and leaving the Era (ADD A ttention Deficit Disorder) we Q players have short attention spans, hence our love for the Q format... HAHAHA

Anyway, a couple of things have been suggested as possible adjustments that would increase available income without a major coding requirment.

1. Increase the amount of NAQ generated per Miner to a higher level.

or 2. Increase the % of UU autotrained to Miners for Inactives.

Number 1 would increase income generated by all players, OK, that is one way.

Number 2 would increase the amount of NAQ produced by the Inactive Farms, which is what I feel is the main issue.

Or, maybe a combo of the two would really breath some life into Q???

Heck, I am bored with the Era, instead of burning up and wasting AT's on the small Inactive farm amounts of NAQ available, I just logoff and go do something else. That way I don't injure myself in self-deprecating fits of anger and irritability!! HAHA

AdminGary, can you help???? Please? :?
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???

not related lol...
but if affy is so bored

next era
we should all help him win the era

then we'll be up to our heads of s*** on the forum with affy ranting on how he won : P

i'm up for that

Spoiler
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

While I am not a fan of slower pace I do think that it's too long in the era now to change it or at least it shouldn't be changed this way..Why? Simply because quite a few of us have stored big amounts of naq in our banks..For instance I currently have 100b + naq in my bank..Without income it'd cost me 24k ATs to farm that much...That naq would, after increase in income, deflate big time...So I think the only thing we could do to prevent it is that if you increase income of everyone by 10% you'd then have to increase the naq everyone has in bank for 10% to prevent deflation of that naq..

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
S1eepy
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

Hmm true.
Changing the amount of naq on inactives would benefit those who have stores ATs, and seriously hurt active people, who have already farmed through their ATs.

Maybe it's best just to leave this till next era.
Just incase.
jabujabu
Forum Regular

S1eepy wrote:Hmm true.
Changing the amount of naq on inactives would benefit those who have stores ATs, and seriously hurt active people, who have already farmed through their ATs.

Maybe it's best just to leave this till next era.
Just incase.

no...
we could just multiply everyone's naq by however amount
so if miners income give 20 percent more

we all get 20 percent more weapons, money in bank, and maybe techs and UP...
someone could do some math...since techs are a bit screwed up lol
espeically s1eepy with 1100 MS techs...20 percent to that would cost...i think 20 bil...not fair.

and then again...if it adds 20 percent based on naq spent, then future 999s / stuff will be more expensive...

Spoiler
schuesseled
Forum Expert
ID: 33241

Well tbh it won't affect the game, If everyone can only hit the inactives for X ammount then no one is worse off. IF inactive incomes were increased by a factor of 10, then everyone would hit inactives for 10X. All it will do is increase players highest stat potential at the end of the game.

So basically you can have no useful goal with a suggestion such as this unless you were attempting to even out the Era's so the stats each ended with would be similar, that way you could see who was the best wave ender out of all the ender's, but with the bug waves like gambling, e.t.c, you'll never see that conclusion, unless you know about wave 6, in which you will conclude correctly it is I.

12agnar0k be taking over this here account, argh!

Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

Well, thanks for the support, I won't be attending any more Admin chats on behalf of Q for the rest of this Era. Apparently the ones asking me to press this do not care enough to post so therefore the overwhelming opinion of it looks like I am a complete imbecile. Thanks for those that asked me to get on the Chat and waste 30 minutes of my life I cannot get back. Your backing up this Topic proves just how eager you were to assist me in effecting change for this wonderfully exciting Era. If you are waiting for the "Affy" joking part to start, sorry, I am not inclined to waste any more time than I have already.

I will instead go back to farming NAQ to make great strides this Era, no wait, I most likely won't as I am dying of boredom waiting for there to be sufficient amounts of available NAQ to make it worth the effort... OK, there was the joke part. No really, that was the joke.

Really, it was the joke part, you know, the part about farming, the part about going to farm NAQ. That was the joke part. HAHA See, I am joking because I typed H A H A after that part, the part about the part where I was saying that I was joking. You know, that part, the part back after the part where I was typing about the joking part and the part where I said that I would go do some farming instead of doing something productive and fun with Q, that part. You know, the part where I was... What was I talking about anyway...

Hey, you know how fun Q is for me, I have started playing Chaos this Era. Hey, now THAT - is funny. HAHA You know it is funny, because I took the time to actually type H A H A after that part. You know, the part where I typed the part about not playing Q because it was boring as watching two flies frak, and instead, started playing a completely different server I have never given so much as a bat's balls about before. That part. The part after the whole part about where I was typing the HAHA part and then the part where I was talking about why Q is boring and I was ragged upon by whiny azz Q players to get on the Chat part and then spent that time typing and begging Admin to help us, and that part where Admin said to go post a Forum topic to get AdminGary's attention, that part. And then right after that part was the part where I said "Hey Gary, its Gary, one Gary to another Gary" lets make Forum love... HAHA That part.

Well, if you have continued reading down to this part, you know, this is the part where you have wasted about as much time as I have trying to help those who would not take the time to come support the part that was the part where I went to bat on their behalf. You know, that part, the part where I said........ Frak it.

That part.... The part about the bat's balls... :shock:

Now THAT's the part I'm talking about!! HAHA (There see, I typed H A H A again, thats the funny part...)

(Bad Affy says he is not EVEN getting involved in this post... He says that Affy is one crazy MFr ALLLLL on his own and does not even need a split personality to make him look more stupid than this already does... You know, the part where Affy said this, and they said that, and then Bad Affy - me, comes in and gets the final say part. That part... Not the part about the Bat's Balls, but - The crazy part. :-D )

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
Forum Elite
Alliance: The Crazy Chickens
Race: Quantum
ID: 17110

got bored reading your post about half way thru.. but seems like your annoyed that you asked admin something, and now its not what is wanted.. Try doing it for 2 years :-k

Ideas come and go.. and people bring constructive arguments against them. In this case.. it was me who pointed out the lower income.. but I was swayed because we are too far into the era to make any big changes like this.

For example.. bebita and HE both have 50k+ ATs stored..
Thing1 has 1-2k

If the incomes were changed.. The amount of naq on inactives would instantly jump from 60m to 100m.

If HE or bebita then farmed them.. they would have enough naq to catch up with Thing1.. Even though they have done nothing so far this era. Thats not right.

Its too late to change. Just deal with the lower amounts of naq.. means farming active people is more important.. and I thought thats what every1 wanted anyway.. a era where we had to fight each other? :lol:
schuesseled
Forum Expert
ID: 33241

psht we should just delete inactives , by that I mean vacation everyone at the end of an era untill they log in, so if they dont log in at the begging they wont just be "an inactive farm" theyll simply be on vac mode. This way there will be no inactives and all the turns can be used fighting with actives not pissing them away in a farm fest.
12agnar0k be taking over this here account, argh!

jabujabu
Forum Regular

S1eepy wrote:got bored reading your post about half way thru.. but seems like your annoyed that you asked admin something, and now its not what is wanted.. Try doing it for 2 years :-k

Ideas come and go.. and people bring constructive arguments against them. In this case.. it was me who pointed out the lower income.. but I was swayed because we are too far into the era to make any big changes like this.

For example.. bebita and HE both have 50k+ ATs stored..
Thing1 has 1-2k

If the incomes were changed.. The amount of naq on inactives would instantly jump from 60m to 100m.

If HE or bebita then farmed them.. they would have enough naq to catch up with Thing1.. Even though they have done nothing so far this era. Thats not right.

Its too late to change. Just deal with the lower amounts of naq.. means farming active people is more important.. and I thought thats what every1 wanted anyway.. a era where we had to fight each other? :lol:

yeah...i don't really see the problem with lower incomes
after all...you lose no sensors /scanners from 10x and take no repair from 3x...that should be enough to farm some actives especially if you're ranked on the first page

lol if HE or bebita used all their turns = 416 bil naq
BAD.
Naquadah Taken(0.0001) 241,882,048,485

Spoiler
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate

S1eepy wrote:got bored reading your post about half way thru.. but seems like your annoyed that you asked admin something, and now its not what is wanted.. Try doing it for 2 years :-k

I was not upset that you guys disagreed or brought the constructive criticism, what popped my cork on this one was the ones begging me to make the Admin chat to ask for it, whining and being beetches about it, and then once I did all this and posted, they did not come to the aide of the postings to make it look like there was anyone wanting this at all. That is what drew my ire...

Anyway, I think I understand when you say 2 years, I grow weary of trying to assist after only a few Eras... I think I have a new respect for your patience, or even more so than before. Maybe now I can appreciate it on a different level. I still think the Era is boring as cutting toe-nails, WHich, actually may exceed the excitement I find from playing Q this Era.

Oh, I have found the key to be successful, just don't train anything, have a few thousand scanners/sensors, maybe a few thousand Miners. And Wallah, I can stay ranked in the Top 100 (way to GD easy, by the way) and not get farmed, because if you have more than 20 mil NAQ out, you become a Tasty farming target. Since the average amount of active players is SO low, and I am not gonna elaborate on why I think that is, all you have to do is be the rear-end of the semi-actives to stay in the Top 100 and continue clocking G&R points. Other than that, you just login once or twice a week with the intention to find a handful of Farms to hit, add a few Techs, maybe a Covert level, and stay competitive. No one is pushing RAW up so I can be lazy, bored, and stay competitive. Boring, like I said... HAHA

Anyway, in this case, I was upset with the ones who would not post to my side after asking me to go on their behalf, and I was interested of course since I thought it was worthwhile. But, I guess they figured why should they post and take heat, cause Affy will do it. Hey, it is more interesting than playing Q anyway so why not?? :lol:

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler

Return to “For Admin -Suggestions”