Sabbing...

HippyFool
Forum Elder

Sabbing...

Its too late to change now...but IF sabbing is the same next wave....please make it based on power instead of how many scanners you send.

Currently I have lvl 22 scanner, 1200 techs. I sabbed someone with lvl 19 sensor and 1k sensors and 600 techs techs.

This means if i had 1k scanners i would have approx 8x more power than them. i sabbed with 5k scanners which should have been 40x his power.

This destoyed 2 weps when he had 100 (top weps). I then tried with 30k scanners and i destroyed 17 weps.

When i sabbed thing1 with 500k spies it was only about 2-3x his power, but it destroyed 200+ top weps when he had 600.

So obviously the formula makes the damage calculation based on how many you send (as long as you have higher power) rather than your actual power.

MSN = paddy_pan@hotmail.com

Naq sold to date: 6168tril

Trade Feedback- http://herebegames.com/StarGateWarsNew/ ... 8&t=105680 :)
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Re: Sabbing...

It's a combination of both actually.. I've tried it myself at sending 30k spies, after I bought new sensor level I was able to destroy a few weapons more than before..Don't know exactly how many more, but definatly at least 20% more

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.
ID: 0

it would be nice if there was a definite formula...

or the old sabbing this wave where your power - their power = strength destroyed

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

Neimenljivi wrote:It's a combination of both actually.. I've tried it myself at sending 30k spies, after I bought new sensor level I was able to destroy a few weapons more than before..Don't know exactly how many more, but definatly at least 20% more

~Jack

But the problem is that the defenders sensor power makes very little difference if it is huge or tiny....

if they have 5b sensor and you have 10b you will destroy a crapload of weps....and if they have 50m and you have 10b you will probably destroy about the same amount...but if you send 100m against 50m it probably wont destroy anything

Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Yes this is true..Partly I belive due to huge weapons' strenght (in comparison with the elder eras as I belive it was the last time sabbing was adjusted, only to bigger % after I've warned Jason how low it is, especially in the beggining of the era you were almost imune to sabbing even if u didn't have any spies or spy level, perhaps it was adjusted later on while I was away which is something I do not know)..So what I think the issue is that your spies (when at low power such as 100mil) cannot destroy more than 34 best defence weapons (their combined strenght is 100 mil), if you send in spies that have a total power of 200mil you can't destroy more than 68 weapons, etc, up to some percent of enemies' weapons...Maybe the second part of the code was cut out (up to some percent of enemies' weapons)...What I think the code is when sabbing (x=your sabbing power, y=their sensor power, z = weapons' strenght):
(x - y) / z
or something like that, it probably makes the most sense, at least judging from my observation..

~Jack
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
jedi
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Regulators
Race: G
ID: 27213

i do not think that is right, i have tried to test this i sab someone with 40 att and 40 def weapons(strongest wep) he had only lvl 19 senser and i had 21 he had 21000 sensers so i sent 40 myself and got only 8 i did it once more got 8 again so i figure i would send 100k and wipe out much more i send them and only destroy 1 weapon did this twice lol not to sure how this formula is working but doesnt seem to be a fixed formula im kinda stumped myself
Nobody asked for life to deal us with these **Filtered** hands we're dealt, We gotta take these cards ourselves and flip'em, don't exspect no help
-Eminem

jabujabu
Forum Regular
Alliance: Owned.
Race: Nub.
ID: 0

jedi wrote:i do not think that is right, i have tried to test this i sab someone with 40 att and 40 def weapons(strongest wep) he had only lvl 19 senser and i had 21 he had 21000 sensers so i sent 40 myself and got only 8 i did it once more got 8 again so i figure i would send 100k and wipe out much more i send them and only destroy 1 weapon did this twice lol not to sure how this formula is working but doesnt seem to be a fixed formula im kinda stumped myself

you sent 40 scanners? what kind of ***tz tech does he have?

it's probably to do somethign with when you attack people...you can only destroy until 19 supers ... obviously the more he has, the more you can destroy
but it seems to work for me
i sent 50k
and i destroyed 30, then 27, then 21, then 18...then it got to 9 or something and useless stuff

A demonstration of lulz :
Spoiler
HippyFool
Forum Elder

jabujabu wrote:
jedi wrote:i do not think that is right, i have tried to test this i sab someone with 40 att and 40 def weapons(strongest wep) he had only lvl 19 senser and i had 21 he had 21000 sensers so i sent 40 myself and got only 8 i did it once more got 8 again so i figure i would send 100k and wipe out much more i send them and only destroy 1 weapon did this twice lol not to sure how this formula is working but doesnt seem to be a fixed formula im kinda stumped myself

you sent 40 scanners? what kind of ***tz tech does he have?

it's probably to do somethign with when you attack people...you can only destroy until 19 supers ... obviously the more he has, the more you can destroy
but it seems to work for me
i sent 50k
and i destroyed 30, then 27, then 21, then 18...then it got to 9 or something and useless stuff

I am sorry but unless he had 0 techs then that is almost impossible with lvls that close... I shall go and send 40 at some randoms and see what haphpens lol

Oh..and nice quote in your sig jabu :P

jedi
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Regulators
Race: G
ID: 27213

jedi wrote:i do not think that is right, i have tried to test this i sab someone with 40 att and 40 def weapons(strongest wep) he had only lvl 19 senser and i had 21 he had 21000 sensers so i sent 40000 myself and got only 8 i did it once more got 8 again so i figure i would send 100k and wipe out much more i send them and only destroy 1 weapon did this twice lol not to sure how this formula is working but doesnt seem to be a fixed formula im kinda stumped myself

lol i forgot the k for 40k lol
Nobody asked for life to deal us with these **Filtered** hands we're dealt, We gotta take these cards ourselves and flip'em, don't exspect no help
-Eminem

Return to “For Admin -Suggestions”