Next Era Idea

ph30nix
Forum Intermediate
ID: 0

Next Era Idea

So i was gettin ideas of stuff id like to see in a future Q era so i figured id shoot them out there, and figure people can share theirs as well

Arms Dealer Strike

All Weapons Producers have gone on strike so players must start producing there own weapons and build there own manufacturing plants instead of just buying the weapons.

def/attack weapons are created at a daily rate similar to UP and as with UP is upgradeable, you must set the ratio of def/att weapons created though, so if your production is at 100 a day, you have to decide how its split up. also this is where you produce your MS weapons (or this could possible be a second manufacturing stat) you would still upgrade your slots but to actualy install weapons you have to have them first, any weapons "extra" are stockpiled until needed (plant level dictates how many you can store)
so you have a production capacity of say 1000, you set it to

30% offense 300 (offense and def have seperate fields for which weapons are created)
50% def 500
10% ms weapon 100
10% ms shields 100

you can store say 5x your production ammount (weapons are only stored if not assigned to a unit or MS) once storage is full production stops.

sabbable weapons are assigned weapons
Stored weapons are STEALABLE (converted to race specific)

also your production level restricts weapons from your production so you cant go building a top class weapon on day 1.
Weapons have a tendancy to fail as well (hey your new to the whole weapon building process) higher your levels the lower the chance. but every time you attack you have a chance for X% of your weapons to completely fail and be destroyed. higher tech also reduces the normal wear and tear on weapons during attacks.

im thinking now it should be a production stat and a Special Tech with say 4 levels?
level 1 grants acces to first 2 tiers of weapons no MS weapons and 20% fail rate no durability bonus
level 2 grants acces to 3rd+4th tier of weapons still no MS weapons 15% fail rate, 2 extra attacks worth of durability
level 3 grants acess to 5th and 6th tier of weapons MS weapons produceable but at 1/2 rate(so if you set it to make 100 MS weapons it can only realy make 50) 10% fail rate, 4 extra attacks
level 4 opens all weapons MS weapons created at max, and 5% fail rate, 6 extra attacks
(extra attacks meaning if you were to keep attacking without repairing it would take that many more for them to be completely destroyed)

thinking about it this is probably too complicated but might be interesting. my thoughts though on possible problems

1. i dont think failure rate should apply to defenders or at least not as much (prevent people from attacking with minimum weapons against someone with alot to cause damage)
2. weapons CANT be sold
3. failure rate also dependant on ammount of turns used 15 would get full ammount 1 would get almost no chance at failure no matter there tech level.

im sure there are plenty more flaws but eh here it is.
You'll be missed
Apophis
System Lord
Race: Goa'uld System Lord
ID: 666

Re: Next Era Idea

Nice, I Like It :smt047

Prior - Prophet - Messiah - Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG
- AGL - IAG - TAG - PTAG - LTAG - QTAG - KTAG - GAG - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
*Complete
*Complete

Spoiler
2009 - 2011
Defence Super Soldiers Killed(100) 1,017,421,093
Spies Killed(50) 419,583,954
Spy Killers Killed(50) 138,887,098
Mothership Weapons Destroyed(300) 3,543,996
Mothership Shields Destroyed(300) 3,237,353
Mothership Fleets Destroyed(200) 684,458
Naquadah Stolen(0.0001) 6,227,773,906,622,364
Untrained Kidnapped(50) 1,773,399,377
TRADE FEEDBACK
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=165433
martin the great
Forum Expert
Race: angryrace
ID: 1974745
Location: searching for ancient technology in the Pegasus galaxy

if that is implemented we would need more turns than we currently have
martin's posts do not represent his views and should not thought of as such
if you have an issue with one of martin's posts then please call 0800-2215-9484-48
this is here to ensure i dont get sued
many thanks to Jin for the sig :)
ph30nix
Forum Intermediate

well you wont have to spend cash on weapons, so actualy might not, have to figure out numbers to be sure
You'll be missed
Hunter422
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1968135

i do not like it
alucard110
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Shadow Stalkers
Race: Ancient

regardless of next era's layout, i would like to see more turns... PERIOD

Admin needs to read through some of the suggestions that have been made in regards to limiting/stopping feeding (it is bastardising Quantum - and the game will be getting less USS's - The game owner might be interested to know that...!)

ph30nix i like your suggestions, keep them coming try to add other ideas as they come or throw out a few that might be able to gain some momentum.

After talking to Ace today on the phone, we (he) had an idea after i was complaining about the fact that someone can mass your MS when they've got only one weapon... as far as i'm concerned if i've got a 100bil defense and someone is attacking me with a 76,000 strike they shouldn't be able to damage ANYTHING.. due to the fact that i have so much left over potential after i SLAUGHTER the attacking force that i would aim my arsenal skyward and bring down any attackers MS in a flaming wreck…

Well, the suggestion was that we have “planetary” defense cannons with the sole purpose of defending against MS’s (there by providing the option to not actually buy a MS.. “something different”) they could be similar to MS’s whereby you could upgrade weapons slots and possibly add a mini tech to it..

Meh, I’ve been drinking and constantly distracted by my wife so I will add more soon (and come up with more feeder solutions)
ph30nix
Forum Intermediate

id be down for an era with no MS's
You'll be missed
Ace1102
Forum Irregular
Race: Aussie

Lol constantly distracted by wife... :roll: :lol:

I was imagining a worldships cross normal era even, motherships are bought in fleets like weapons or gained like unit production, upgradeable with techs.
Planetary or homeship defences upgradeable, Like a planetary defence ring, but you shouldn't need a MS to benefit, and that power is purely for MS defence and not offence or general defence...
Imagine big guns on the ground designed to shoot down motherships in orbit :P
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

Ok would you be happy with this than

Mothership " MR. BIG" ( SUPER MOTHER!)
Mothership " Normal" ( no stats) Government doesn't pay for space.

Now Mr.Big attacks, but he's got less than the required Attack strike, that he can't even touch the defences ( ground troops) Mr Normals says, well my forces don't need me, so i'm going to wait on the ground until they do. SO if the attack is small No damage is done at all. When the magic point of attack can now starts hitting the defence, then the Mr Normal comes out and plays.

As for feeders It's not really been that bad a wave for them, What could be done to limit them even further is putting a sliding cap on Motherships slots.. Same as the mini techs and the UP. I would also like the weapon productions like that.

HOWEVER

I would increase the amount of turns per day to 240 on the market no more, increase the amount of Weekly market turns to 3, with no option being able to be selected more than once a week, ( 48 hours max ppt)... tpye of things.

I would than put a Bonus for reaching certain goals first.
It would be a small bonus such as 240 turns.

Stats required
1000, techs, 2000 tech, 3000 tech, 4000 tech..... and so on, for all techs
10k raw, 20k raw, 30k,... and so on.
MS
1000, slots 5000 slots, 10000 slots... and so on.

Only to the First one there. This would offset some but no all of the costs of leading the way.

HE
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
ph30nix
Forum Intermediate

only thing is the feed players could easily be the firsts to all those and as we dont WANT to make things cheaper for them.

and it hasnt been nearly as bad as i thought it would be this wave, the slider thing seems to have helped minimize it only differnces realy are they have larger armies (if they put any cash into UP) because they had the higher UP sooner

BUT i think that has alittle to do with the fact most of the feeders arent realy using it to put it all out there at least not yet
You'll be missed
ph30nix
Forum Intermediate

i think at this point id like a way to just honestly do SERIOUS damage to a mothership, im talking completely destroy weapon slots not just weapons, and not with direct attacks either

it should go that the MS needs massed down to a certain point and then as a special sab option your coverts go in and destroy the empty weapon/shield points.

help give a more direct retribution to those players who do nothing but build a massive MS and nothing else.
You'll be missed
firestrike99
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): general ford

you know i personally think in the eras to come we shouldnt alter buy/sell weapons opt but have a daily upkeep on them for those people who starts in the begining but give up say it results in damage so when the day is done say 10% damage done to attack and defence weapons also i think the bonuses to unit production that happen shouldnt so everyone has to upgrade there unit production on their own that way the people that play the game right get what they deserve and those who dont end up having to learn what to do the first time. on the topic of the market if we get 3 turns the amount of items redeamable should be lower so say 1 turn u receive 120000 men right now in this era instead u can redem a turn for say 30000 but u can mix and match say use 2 on men and 1 on turns alowing for a better overall use of the market they also should add a untrained units to turns/naq option for the daily trade so people with a lot of men can get more turns when they need them but say to a limit of 240a day like naq's for turns is now.

just my ideas on future eras,enjoy your gaming!

Return to “For Admin -Suggestions”