Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Two Players sharing the Same NG Account - Seek Rules Clarification

Born out of this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=298&t=204505

Reborn made the following comment:
reborn wrote:Now for ascended or main yes I do get fed a bit but that's from a muti account which we r allowed that we share. As for my partners account well that's been going off to pay for another account that's been partly paid for.
And this one too:
reborn wrote:Yes you will also note that if only 1 person has an account that can be shared among other members of the same family, that has been a rule for quite some time as long as they themselves does not have one themselves.

Im sure Math can explain that to you too as he is fully aware of that rule. #-o

Infact to save you asking and making yourself to look even more of a dope

[30/08/2015 22:57:18] Mathlord TA: ETL's excuse was that he had a friend bank for him overnight which was technically legal because you are allowed to have two people on the same account provided the other person doesn't have an account

Now, first off, my comment was that long long ago there were accusations that ETL had multiple people logging into his account (generally to bank overnight while he slept). His defense was that they were friends who did not play the game on another account and THAT is technically allowed by game rules (despite some personal protest against that). Two players can play the same account provided the person playing on your account does not have accounts of your own. But your partner does have her own account, Crazymofo. If you are playing your own account AND someone else's, that is against the rules and that is why you were banned once before back in 2008.

So Reborn openly admits that he and his partner (who is Crazymofo ingame) both play the *Harvest account for their own benefit. That is a clear example of two game players sharing an account and I would request Support to clarify the rules in this case.

Is the game stance that an ng account can be "shared" by two or more other players ingame? If so, why is that different than a regular account being "shared" by other players.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: Two Players sharing the Same NG Account - Seek Rules Clarification

I never said we play *harvest account that's what your guys think. Mass that account deascended it, I really do not care, some ppl know were my account it, rather funny after I was speaking to Am heh about were my account might be within hours Odin was asking me questions. Hmmm.............fishing will go on.

However we do play the same account that Jo/Admin can see. That is a NG account not main accounts.

As was clear to me that we can not have 2 NG accounts from the same household but we can play the same one just like others letting the son/daughter playing there main account because they do not have one.

She does not have a * account therefore it is not breaking any rules.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

reborn wrote:I never said we play *harvest account that's what your guys think. Mass that account deascended it, I really do not care, some ppl know were my account it, rather funny after I was speaking to Am heh about were my account might be within hours Odin was asking me questions. Hmmm.............fishing will go on.

However we do play the same account that Jo/Admin can see. That is a NG account not main accounts.

As was clear to me that we can not have 2 NG accounts from the same household but we can play the same one just like others letting the son/daughter playing there main account because they do not have one.

She does not have a * account therefore it is not breaking any rules.
She does not have a * account but she does have a regular account, crazymofo. If she logged onto your Reborn account, wouldn't you agree that was cheating?

Why should it be different for a * account? Nobody is required to have both accounts and nobody is required to have one dominant account over another (in many cases, someone's * account is their primary). The reasons why players cannot log into each other's accounts are just as valid for a * account as they are for a regular one.

The two of you are both using the same account for the benefit of your primary accounts AND as a benefit to your * account that now has double the log watching and double the activity.

Everything about this smells fishy.
Spoiler

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
reborn
Forum Elite

We shall see what admin has to say about it.

If I did login to Her main account or she logged into my main account that would be breaking the rules as we both have an account. That is very clear.

But as the rule stands even if u don't like it , it was allowed that another player is allowed to login to another account if they do not have an account.

She does not have a * account, what she does with her farming is upto her.

Now if we was allowed 2 NG accounts there wouldn't be this problem would there?

Seems what many others have done is just made 2 accounts. Which I was told we wasn't allowed.
Hence we share the one we are allowed. Again because only 1 of us is allowed one.

What it comes down to is the rule again that was allowed that another player was allowed to login to another's account when they didn't have one, and she does not have a * account.

So crush that rule that has been in place for many years, or allow the use of another ng account were ppl do have access to more than 1 I,P.

Then again from reading the ppl comments about the NG accounts before I even come back ppl said back then allowing these kind of accounts would be bad, which I fully agree with.

I will w8 on what Admin has to say on it.
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.

Mathlord
Forum Zombie

As will we all ;)

The thing about two people on the same ng account is a very slippery slope though. Now you claim you are both using your shared ng account for farming primarily, but what if you were using it for massing? What if that was the account that had the massive command star and it was being passed along from one account user to the next all day long. If two people can share an ng account, why can't three? or four? You can have players, who have their own accounts already, get the benefits of a 24 hour log-watched super account that can take down anything at any time. This is why accounts are only supposed to have one owner. Every account should have to deal with the consequences of only having one owner.

I do hope that Support will weigh in on this because, if shared ng accounts are allowed, we could be in for a real serious game balance problem.
Spoiler

---
ConScriptor
Forum Newbie

I would like to add to this highly sophisticated attempt at undermining someone's credibility.

Mathlord wrote: Everything about this smells fishy.
I am pretty sure that would be your upper lip which caught some of that crap talk your sprouting.
reborn
Forum Elite

But what are u asking for really though Math?

It is totally legal as u full well know that 1 person can have muti ppl on the same account aslong as they do not have one. This has been the case for many many years and I can show u an email from Jason himself saying that too.

So all that crap you just said about one person passing it along to the next and the next has been around for yr's.

It is no different from me and my partner sharing a ng account because we only have 1.

> Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:44:15 -0700
> From: private@kingdomgames.com

> Subject: RE: If u could check this for me pls
>
> watch for auto banning doing 2 at same time...on same opponent.
> the 2 ppl one acct is not meant to 'break' the numbers...that would be
> cheating.
> farm/repair, though, for example, does not put into negatives.
> my point is just that 2 people running one account is not illegal.
Spoiler

Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Jason was always referencing if they didn't have accounts of their own. You both do which is very different. In a perfect world, we'd prevent any situation where two people are playing the same account but that's unrealistic to prove in many situations (unless your account is accessed from America in the morning and Australia in the evening consistently).

However, if you both have accounts of your own AND are sharing another account, that's easier to prove and much more problematic.

I mean if this stands as legal, if i were you I'd invest heavy in *not_kik and rotate account watchers. You can feed in turns and naq. Or shoot build a 500 trill defense and log watch constantly. No open massing windows. This is all bad for the game and way outside the intentions of the game developers.
Last edited by Mathlord on Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

---
reborn
Forum Elite

If was to go down those lines picking someone that's not in the same time zone would be better.

Atm we have been forced to play this way as we could only have 1 account, who am I to say no u cant log that because I made it first darling, an as stated about having 2 ppl on 1 account is not illegal if they do not have one. We are on the same time zone after-all .

We are talking about ng account not main account that is different and we do no log into each others.

But having just 1 account brings us back to the first part of having 2 ppl on one account is fine because 1 person does not have another. What they do with their time on that account is upto them, its the same if we had 1 each what she did with her time and what I do maybe totally different.

Tbh get rid of that rule , or let us have another account as we have more than 1 I,P. Which it seems quite a few ppl have done anyway, even though I was told just 1 account no matter family size.

I would much prefer the latter all those extra turns were im not paying off her debt would be great.

Either way im sure admin will come along and post something or another repeat post from you again Math , I think I have said the same thing idk 3 this is now the 4th , and guess what u have just repeated yourself over and over again saying the same thing just different ways each time.

](*,)
Spoiler

Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Nobody is forcing you to share an account. You two are making that choice for yourselves. You cannot possibly think that a rule allowing two or more people with ingame accounts sharing a second account is a good idea. You can claim all you want that you are using the account simply for farming in a low key way that doesn't disrupt overall game balance but "good intentions" are not an excuse for breaking a rule.

The whole point of this game is that it's a real time mmo. The effectiveness of your account is based upon your ability as an individual to boost your account. Your ability to fight with your account is based not only on your skill at fighting, but also your ability to log on and make your presence known. Nobody can possibly be on the game 24 hours a day, 7 days a week adding to the challenge of defending your account, protecting stats and striking back at an enemy. No account should have the opportunity to be active at all times day and night. You say you are both the same time zone, but that doesn't mean you keep the same hours. You said it yourself you obviously are not both on the account at the same times. That's expanding the functional use of that account. That means more time out of the day someone is protecting that account too in case it were to get massed.

Do you ever farm on the main side of that account? There turns aren't limited. On either server, two players actively building the same farm list is rather convenient for your farming don't you think?
Spoiler

---
reborn
Forum Elite

As I said before and seems I need to say it again for the 5th time as I was right u just repeated yourself again in another way.

The rule has been there for years even if u do not like it.

2 ppl playing 1 account has been fine and a rule for over 7 years. If they do not have one.

Now she does not have a * account which even u agree with. You just seem to be have a problem with it because she has a main account which we don't share.

But lets look at it this way

If she doesn't have a main account and we both share a * account. You wouldn't have a problem with that? Because you keep going on about the problem of us sharing an account that has been a rule for many years as being fine.
This is the problem you seem to be getting at all the time. So whats the difference if she has a main account too that we do not share?

As I said before I would much prefer if we both had an account that way there would b no sharing and we would have far more turns.

Looking forward to your next repeat post Thurman.
Spoiler

Mathlord
Forum Zombie

But you still don't get it. The semi-unwritten rule that it's okay for two people to share one account has been around for seven years when one of the people does NOT have an account of their own. While I do have an issue with this concept, this is something that is hard to prove and not what we are talking about.

You both have accounts of your own AND an account you are sharing. There is no rule on the book saying "if you have main accounts of your own, you can share a newground account too".

Logging into each other's accounts should never be allowed. While the admins might think it relatively harmless if someone without an account of their own logs onto your account, they have to understand the dangers of allowing other game players to log into shared accounts.

Stop trying to say "she doesn't have an account of her own" applies to her when she does. She doesn't have an ng account of her own, but she has her own main account. She is still a player on sgw. If you were logging into crazymofo instead of your shared ng account, you would immediately agree it was against the rules. There shouldn't be this thought that things are okay just because we're talking about an ng account.
Spoiler

---
reborn
Forum Elite

Again repeating what u have said again cheers Thurman.

She doesn't have a ng account, so what she does in her own time on the ng account is upto her.

Just like when I log it its upto me what I do with it.

Like I have said before if we was allowed 2 then this wouldn't be a problem, infact I would love that as I would have more turns for myself.

That's the thing u do not seem to get.

The NG account is there for it to help your main as that's what it was there for in the first place. Now we was only allowed 1 but we are 2 ppl. So why should we be punished were we are just using 1 account when its very clear other family ppl have just said **Filtered** that rule we will just make 2 and play 2 ng accounts.

Here is were I have the problem because they are infact breaking the rule on NO MATTER OF FAMILY SIZE rule of just 1 account and from that are getting more turns on ascended and main also income in main and ascended.

Everyone is allowed 1 main account and one NG account, yet we was only allowed are main accounts that being 2 as 2 ppl and 1 NG account so why shouldn't we be allowed to share that when others clearly not give a rats ass and just made 2.
Spoiler

Mathlord
Forum Zombie

No matter how "pure" the intentions you claim to have sharing an account, you are still doing something that is very bad for the game. You can claim all day you use it "innocently" for farming and boosting your main accounts only but this same interpretation of the rules opens up a myriad of different abuses.

Even when it comes to farming, two players with their own built-in farm lists are more effective than one. You can talk about limited turns on the ascended server, but what about the main server? Even if you don't touch your main account at all, others following your lead will and they will have a distinct advantage in a realm with unlimited access to turns and resources.

Then what? Are we going to allow people to share accounts provided they don't touch their main account at all (don't farm, raid or anything), only use their ascended account to farm and only share the same or similar time zone ip? Please Reborn, you have to know what you are doing is wrong.
Spoiler

---
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

reborn wrote:As I said before and seems I need to say it again for the 5th time as I was right u just repeated yourself again in another way.

The rule has been there for years even if u do not like it.

2 ppl playing 1 account has been fine and a rule for over 7 years. If they do not have one.

Now she does not have a * account which even u agree with. You just seem to be have a problem with it because she has a main account which we don't share.

But lets look at it this way

If she doesn't have a main account and we both share a * account. You wouldn't have a problem with that? Because you keep going on about the problem of us sharing an account that has been a rule for many years as being fine.
This is the problem you seem to be getting at all the time. So whats the difference if she has a main account too that we do not share?

As I said before I would much prefer if we both had an account that way there would b no sharing and we would have far more turns.

Looking forward to your next repeat post Thurman.
The problem is you have two people living under the same roof who can share resources already. You have an IP exception on main, and hopefully sol can verify that there is no ascended IP exception.

After spying for a couple days your DMU farmed on ascended was equal to crazymofo+*Harvest for days +/- a couple Q which is insignificant when talking about hundreds of Qs.

Now today when all of this comes to light, their DMU farmed 24 hours is 0 and yours has dropped significantly to a mere 70Q.

The admins can check login IPs, see where the logins are coming from and when you or crazymofo are online along with *Harvest. They can also check and see when you were online and hitting either of those accounts and from what IP you were using. It's crazy how the internet works.

You accuse people of doing things that you do is what it seems to me. You accuse people of using C4C yet when I caught both you and *Harvest farming at different times within a matter of seconds of spying both accounts were retrained with all spies untrained. What makes it crazy is other people have seen the same thing from both accounts.

You complained in the original thread about people using illegal feeding. You should not point a finger at someone else while pointing 3 back at yourself.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]

Return to “Report Archive”