Two Players sharing the Same NG Account - Seek Rules Clarification

Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Re: Two Players sharing the Same NG Account - Seek Rules Clarification

harchester wrote:Josh doesn't cheat - he doesn't have the brains to... He is a navy boy there is only one good thing they can do well :smt019

But side note - I have known josh for a while and at no point I have suspected him of cheating... He is a well known player.

And I have had many chats with his wife - who might I add is a lovely person.

(More than happy to provide logs/ call duration time)

To prove they are different people.
Of course they are different people. The whole point of this thread is that reborn admitted that he and crazymofo both access the same ng account despite having their own main accounts.

He claims that this is legal because they don't have separate ng accounts and further claims that Juliette is aware of and supports the legality of this.

Now in the past prior to NG accounts, there were two separate rules:

1. It is okay for Person A and Person B to share an account provided that neither Person A nor Person B has another account. Basically you can have a friend who does not play log onto your account for you. Is this a good rule? I'd wager no, but that's a separate discussion.

2. If Person A has account A and Person B has account B, then Person B is not allowed to log onto account A (and vice-versa).

Now this is trickier because of newgrounds accounts. There has been no public ruling on whether two separate players who each have their own main accounts are allowed to share an ng account or not. Reborn claims that he had a private ruling from Juliette which would allow them but until this is confirmed or denied by Juliette herself, we have no real information on the matter. When I last spoke with her, she mentioned nothing of a pre-existing agreement, just that she'd look into Jason's thinking on the matter. I understand the admins are busy people with real lives, so we'll have to be patient. Until such a ruling, this is just back and forth discussion on the merits of the current situation.
Ritalin wrote:shall i post here hmmmm... maybe if i tell everyone that josh definitely doesn't not cheat and he is more inclined to hunt the cheaters you will be quiet..
You're right Ritalin. Reborn definitely doesn't not cheat. He definitely hasn't not cheated for a very long time :lol:
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Im sorry Math I know you like making up stories in your head or just coming out with random **Filtered**.

But can you plx show me were I said me and Jo had a private ruling or a pre-existing agreement.

You like a broken record either u Math just repeating yourself and always wanting to have last word instead of w8ing for Jo to reply, or Hokie that bit like you but wants to keep coming up with new claims then find out there wrong then changing mind to something else like a moron.

I guess you do have to stick up for your mongs though being leader no matter how dumb the claims are or how many times he changes his mind. Even though over half his claims been looked into before.... guess what they was clean, they will be clean again.
Mathlord wrote: Reborn claims that he had a private ruling from Juliette
Mathlord wrote: she mentioned nothing of a pre-existing agreement
I know what I said, I said Jo saw what I said because she was there at the time while speaking to me, unless you are saying I was speaking to Fred?
reborn wrote: 1. Can 2 ppl share the same NG account. Is what u want to know.

If admin had a problem with this when I told her over a year ago WE was playing are NG account , do u not think she would of said something then?
reborn wrote:No it was were we was talking about NG accounts and I said

"
[3/9/2014 7:56:51 PM] Josh: yeah i got that , but its on vac so its not really being playied, the one on main is the only one we play. "

She can look that up herself I will not quote what she was talking about as she has asked me in the past not to do so.
I think the only thing I saw out of your last post that was right was
Mathlord wrote: Of course they are different people.
Maybe you could tell Hokie that as he still claiming that she is me, just flick back 1 page and the page before and idk page before that too........

Little more crying of I am cheat from both of you though I could go swimming. Or in Hokies words im a mtui cheat playing tons of accounts all feeding me, that's yet to been seen by any admin as these logs do not exist. Or w8 im crazymofo too, but then that comes back to you even saying Of course they are different people. So im a bit like WTH omg.

Are you both related Thurman merman?
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

We all obviously know that crazymofo exists and is another person. Just like STI is another person. Nobody ever denies that your family exists and has/had accounts in this game. The claims only ever were whether you all were logging onto each other's accounts which is against the rules. You were all briefly banned for this exact claim in 2008 (though it was overturned without any official admin comment a few weeks later).

That is all beside the point. We will have plenty of time to continue to discuss our other concerns about your account practices another time just as you will continue to accuse us of cheating whenever someone catches you farming.

This thread is specifically about you both sharing the same NG account and whether two people sharing a single NG account is legal. We know you both share the same NG account, you have admitted to it numerous times in this thread.

I don't know why you are saying I'm making up stories when I'm almost copying what you said word for word.

You claim you told Juliette a year ago that you and crazymofo were sharing a newgrounds multi and that she had no problem with it. That's what I mean by saying private ruling (because it was done on skype...in private...) or a pre-existing agreement (since you previously agreed that it was okay).

I think we would all like confirmation from Juliette on this subject to make sure that 1. she actually did what you said she did and 2. she was aware of all the particulars of the situation. Following said comment from Juliette, we can continue in this thread or another to discuss what the best legal practices in the future *should* be for ng multi accounts.
Spoiler

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
reborn
Forum Elite

Again stop putting words into my mouth I didn't say.
Mathlord wrote: just as you will continue to accuse us of cheating whenever someone catches you farming.
Show were I have done that plx. I would very much like to see it, only certain ppl that was doing it to lots of ppl all within seconds that was reported.

Hell even Wilco caught me I didn't go accusing him. There is a difference with some ppl, ones that are random and ones that was doing it to lots of ppl over and over again.

Hell I saw some of the **Filtered** on main and Jo changed the code there, or u going to say she changed it because she was bored?
Mathlord wrote: I don't know why you are saying I'm making up stories when I'm almost copying what you said word for word.
Im not sure were you think ALMOST is the same as the SAME. Almost can almost be true but not fully.
Mathlord wrote: You claim you told Juliette a year ago that you and crazymofo were sharing a newgrounds multi and that she had no problem with it.
There you go again with your almost right but not fully. What I said was I told her we was using it, now if she had a problem with it she could of said then.

What I didn't say which your implying is that she said it was fine and had no problem.
reborn wrote:
If admin had a problem with this when I told her over a year ago WE was playing are NG account , do u not think she would of said something then?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx8PoQVXVyM

Would love next post to be from admin but I know deep down that just aint going to happen, but another repeat post from either you or hokie saying the same things again. :smt089
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.

Mathlord
Forum Zombie

So to clarify...your grand evidence that Juliette is okay with what you and crazymofo are doing is that, in one skype comment, you used the word "we"? She never once said that two people could share the same ng account or anything of that sort? There was never a rule in place that you saw that stated two players could share the same ng account?

Okay, glad we got that settled.
Spoiler

---
reborn
Forum Elite

Well **Filtered** done if only u read that a few pages back...........................

See how clear things become when u read things instead of putting stuff into your own words from your head.

You know that thing Math reading word for word, not word for almost another word.

Not at any point did I say she said we could share.

What I said from the very start was that I told her we was playing it. And given the other rule that u can share an account if another doesn't have one, after saying to her we was sharing a ng account, if there was a problem she could of said then.
Spoiler

Mathlord
Forum Zombie

I guess I'm harping on this clarification because you used that as your major piece of evidence that you are in the right here...and your major piece of evidence is really no evidence at all. No confirmation, no comment from her either way. Just her silence. I mean, at that point, why even bring it up in this thread? I guess it sounds good to say you talked to the admin about it...
Spoiler

---
reborn
Forum Elite

Really that made no sense at all.

It was brought up because I had already told her we was playing it a year ago.

Now just because she made no comment to it doesn't mean it wasn't read or taken in, if it was against the rules you would expect a hold up a second there Josh you cant do that.

But there was no such message.

Lets look at it this way because im really not sure if trolling or just finding things hard to understand.

Lets say I was talking about tab farming but keeping the same tabs, and just running them over and over again, while im speaking to admin, they don't say anything to that.
Am I then to think a week/month/year later , w8 that's breaking the rules because I was speaking to admin but they didn't say anything about that when I told them I was doing that..............

Math was your really dropped as a child, or is this your form of trolling its really bad if it is. Trolling would be to get ppl upset or annoyed but I just feel sorry for u. You and Hokie.

Anyway bored of you bricks will w8 on Jo's reply
Spoiler

Mathlord
Forum Zombie

It was brought up by you to provide evidence that you are in the right and not doing anything wrong. All I'm saying is that is terribly flimsy evidence. But okay, insults are cool too.
Spoiler

---
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

reborn wrote:Really that made no sense at all.

It was brought up because I had already told her we was playing it a year ago.

Now just because she made no comment to it doesn't mean it wasn't read or taken in, if it was against the rules you would expect a hold up a second there Josh you cant do that.

But there was no such message.

Lets look at it this way because im really not sure if trolling or just finding things hard to understand.

Lets say I was talking about tab farming but keeping the same tabs, and just running them over and over again, while im speaking to admin, they don't say anything to that.
Am I then to think a week/month/year later , w8 that's breaking the rules because I was speaking to admin but they didn't say anything about that when I told them I was doing that..............

Math was your really dropped as a child, or is this your form of trolling its really bad if it is. Trolling would be to get ppl upset or annoyed but I just feel sorry for u. You and Hokie.

Anyway bored of you bricks will w8 on Jo's reply
How does no comment at all equate to it being read or taken in? Oh right, there you go again just seeing things the way you want to see them, putting the words into your mind you wish to read, just as you have done over and over in this thread. I am starting to see a trend here.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
reborn
Forum Elite

hokiehomeboy wrote:
How does no comment at all equate to it being read or taken in? Oh right, there you go again just seeing things the way you want to see them, putting the words into your mind you wish to read, just as you have done over and over in this thread. I am starting to see a trend here.

Have you just read everything u put or Math put and read it as I was saying it?

That's the only way I can see it, is that you have seen things the way you want to see them or made things up in your head.
The only one having this kind of tend in this thread and anyone with half a brain cell can see it is both of u can not read stuff word for word. Bit like Math put, will copy almost word for word.

You both carried on for 3 pages reading what u wanted to read, its not till I had to spoon feed to like a dumb ass, slow time for you both to understand what I wrote 3 pages back. An even then can not see the reason behind it.

I feel sorry for your carer.

Have a great day.
Spoiler

hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

reborn wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote:

Have you just read everything u put or Math put and read it as I was saying it?

That's the only way I can see it, is that you have seen things the way you want to see them or made things up in your head.
The only one having this kind of tend in this thread and anyone with half a brain cell can see it is both of u can not read stuff word for word. Bit like Math put, will copy almost word for word.

You both carried on for 3 pages reading what u wanted to read, its not till I had to spoon feed to like a dumb ass, slow time for you both to understand what I wrote 3 pages back. An even then can not see the reason behind it.

I feel sorry for your carer.

Have a great day.
You claim she made no comment so in your mind she had read it, taken it in, and chosen not to respond since that is what you wanted to read.

I thought you were done talking to bricks? It takes someone special to continue conversation with inanimate objects.

If I had something to hide from a brick wall I guess I would keep talking to it as well and continue to insult it for being inferior. I guess that is the problem when you can't see facts, see what you wish to see, and still have nothing solid to stand on.

The funny thing about bricks is they are solid and can support themselves.
Signature Here

Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

Some of you in this discussion are stepping very close to the line with regard to insults, especially in this stricter section of the forum. Consider this a verbal warning that any insults posted from here on will receive a board warning.

So, this topic seeks clarification from admin about a specific grey area of the gameplay rules. Lets keep it to that specific topic, anything else can have its own discussion thread.

So, the Rules as they currently stand for Main are:-

[spoiler]

Code: Select all

0) Impersonating a game official (Admin, Game Mod, Game Cop, or any variation) will result in account deletion and exclusion from the GateWars-games (Main, Ascended, Quantum, Newgrounds). 
1) Only one account registered per person, per game server. (See NOTE on Account Chains below.) 
2) No automated processes, macros, scripts or other 'non human being' run account activity is allowed. 
3) No sharing or giving out your account details to others. 
4) No logging into other people's accounts. 
5) Attempts to break into accounts, the game, or otherwise disrupt or slow down the game, or server, are strictly illegal. 
6) Using bugs or exploits of any kind, or knowing of and not reporting bugs or exploits, is illegal. 
7) Spamming your recruiting link, or anything else related to or using our name or site, is illegal. Share the site, but please do so respectfully. 
8) No profanity in user names, namable weapons/ships, or anywhere else on game. 
9) Any breaking of the rules can result in punishment, suspension, banning, account deletion, or banning of your entire ISP. 

NOTE: GateWars uses Account Chains. An example is the NewGrounds-chain, consisting of at least a NewGrounds account, optionally an NG-Main account (ascended from NG, identified by the asterisk preceding the username) and an NG-Ascended account. The regular chain consists of at least a regular Main account (registered), and optionally an Ascended account. Each IP/user will be allowed one NewGrounds chain in addition to their regular chain. It is encouraged to use same username, but this is not mandatory.
[/spoiler]

So, Rule 3 & 4 would indicate that any account sharing would be prohibited on Main.

However the Rules on NewGrounds are:-

[spoiler]

Code: Select all

Account ownership rules

The following rules apply in regards to the ownership of Newgrounds accounts:

If you own an NGMain account, you own the NG account (regardless of whether it is on vacation or not). If you do not have the login details to your NG account, you can have them set to whatever your NGMain's login details are.
An NG account under level 25 is owned by the one who has the login details.
Activity status of an NG account is not relevant to whether or not you have an NG account. An account on vacation mode is still owned by you, and you can own only one NG account.
You can own only 1 (ONE) NG account. Further accounts created will be deleted.
Contrary to in the past, these rules will be enforced. (Consequences include, but are not limited to, loss of covert levels on your current NGM or Main, whichever will send the clearest signal.)
Ignorance is no excuse.
You can buy someone's NGM, NG and (if applicable) NGA account (as a package), unless you already have either an NG, NGM or NGA account.
[/spoiler]

Which has no mention of prohibiting multiple people from using the same New Grounds account.

The Grey area would seem to be what happens when a New Grounds account that is shared by multiple people on the New Grounds server, ascends to the Main server. Do the Host server (Main in this case) rules trump all others, or is special consideration made for the NGM account on the Main server.

The only person who can answer that question with authority is Admin, so lets await the reply and keep the bickering to a minimum.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
reborn
Forum Elite

hokiehomeboy wrote: I thought you were done talking to bricks? It takes someone special to continue conversation with inanimate objects.
It would seem so , I just can't help myself when I see dumb stuff put infront of me, that is one of my biggest faults it seems.
hokiehomeboy wrote: If I had something to hide from a brick wall I guess I would keep talking to it as well and continue to insult it for being inferior.
That makes no sense, if u have something to hide u carry on talking? Hmm normal ppl if have something to hide tend to keep quite. I have nothing to hide just like Sol would of told u last time u reported me, nothing wrong with my account.
hokiehomeboy wrote: I guess that is the problem when you can't see facts.
Your the one that cant see them, all your claims u have made about me have I have answered all, u choose not to accept them, hell even have been answered a few times from admin when u have reported me before.

And lastly here is a school lesson for you.
hokiehomeboy wrote: The funny thing about bricks is they are solid and can support themselves.
No they are not solid they are dense but strong. Dense summing someone up quite well. I will hope your able to use the internet and search that yourself , if not go ask mummy how to do it for u.

Double checked to make sure no insults was there, its a new one though if calling someone a brick is an insult, as that's calling them dense, and that's not insulting someone last time I checked.
Spoiler

hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

reborn wrote: Anyway bored of you bricks will w8 on Jo's reply
How many replies is that since you said you were done and awaiting admin response?

You're acting like a 3 year old threatening to hold their breath until they get their way, and your responses both before and after this post have done nothing but confirm this.

Let's see what admin says about if main rules supercede NG rules and what punishments should be handed out for cheating.

We also need to know if the same rules for "main" apply to 2 people logging into the same NG account on ascended.
Signature Here

Return to “Report Archive”