I miss helen. She was sooo... manly
Tap for explosive fun!
overlord elz
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Judgement
ID: 56762
Alternate name(s): ~Overlord~, The Golden Goat, Lord Elzaer

Re: id=1936603 Touched by GOD - script

I know you are probably a bit sore from the ramming you took, but didn't Admin literally just announce an automated script checking/banning process that they have implemented?

Why would you public name and shame knowing this? If the new process didn't automatically detect this why bother reporting it as it would be likely to be undetectable by admin - or what if... just what if he is just skilled enough to be legit :-# ?

Poor mr tees, must be an emotional wreck after what harchy did to you :smt056
"Crawling back to SGW like a bird on its belly"
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

Heisenberg wrote:
Colonel Jack Oneill wrote:Some people are just that fast, Like Mathlord and it pains me to say it
I don't think this is his point.
I believe his point is that each time Touched by GOD repaired he had 5 mil units trained afterwards.

So Tees is saying that it is unlikely Touched by GOD would be able to calculate how much units to train to get 5 mil units whilst being hit.

For example.

has 212k defenders - Touched by GOD trained 4,788,000 = 5mil
has 289,874 defenders - trained 4,710,126 = 5 mil

Every time no matter how many defenders touched by god has, he would always return to 5 mil.

Tees is arguing that he can hit faster than it would take to calculate how much units to return to 5 mil.

Take example two above.

Tees is saying there is no way to calculate the 4,710,126 in between attacks. Because if Tees hits one more time, the amount of units to get to 5 mil would need to be recalculated again as units would have died.

Yet every time Tees is saying that it was repaird to 5 mil exactly.

I'm not saying i think Touched by GOD is cheating, just trying to outline what i think Tees is saying
^this.

not questioning anything else... just this.

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%
My_Crows
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Mass Coalition
Race: Gringo
ID: 0

overlord elz wrote:I know you are probably a bit sore from the ramming you took, but didn't Admin literally just announce an automated script checking/banning process that they have implemented?

Why would you public name and shame knowing this? If the new process didn't automatically detect this why bother reporting it as it would be likely to be undetectable by admin - or what if... just what if he is just skilled enough to be legit :-# ?

Although there may be new systems in place, they cannot be perfect. There will always be a need for human analysis as well as automated measures. The security measures will look for the patterns they are programmed to look for, no more, and no less.

The responses in this thread have been pretty mild so far, compared to others. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion, and to take their own stance on every issue.
Tap for sigs
Spoiler
ImageImage
Flintcawk
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Terran Crusaders: TF
ID: 1933254
Alternate name(s): Flintlock

My_Crows wrote:
overlord elz wrote:I know you are probably a bit sore from the ramming you took, but didn't Admin literally just announce an automated script checking/banning process that they have implemented?

Although there may be new systems in place, they cannot be perfect. There will always be a need for human analysis as well as automated measures. The security measures will look for the patterns they are programmed to look for, no more, and no less.

The responses in this thread have been pretty mild so far, compared to others. Everyone has a right to voice their opinion, and to take their own stance on every issue.
My crows for monitor!!
Tap for explosive fun!
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

there has been several detection measures in place before, I just find it odd that the account that TRUX (who was reported for scripting) had is seemingly still scripting.
Maybe the script was embedded into the account, and or maybe its all just a fluke.

Personally I want to see the video of Harch massing, :smt043
Hope your taxes are upto date Harchicans :P xx
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
overlord elz
Forum Irregular

~NyX~ wrote: ...

I want to see that too! Harch massing sober vs Harch massing drunk, effectiveness comparison would be hilarious =D>

Given response from SDE folk, should I post results of all the elite massings I have been victim too? ETL is definitely a scriptor if that is the case.
Flintcawk
Forum Intermediate

overlord elz wrote:

I want to see that too! Harch massing sober vs Harch massing drunk, effectiveness comparison would be hilarious =D>

Given response from SDE folk, should I post results of all the elite massings I have been victim too? ETL is definitely a scriptor if that is the case.

Im sorry, did I or My Crows ever say we thought harch was scripting?
no.
And your posting about ETL, really?
:smt043
Tap for explosive fun!
overlord elz
Forum Irregular

Flintcawk wrote:
overlord elz wrote:

no.
I am posting about ETL because he is an elite player and he is able to perform so well in the game, to me, it appears it is above human. I know he isn't cheating, I have been around the game since 2006 so know he is just the cream of the crop and have a large amount of respect for the guy.
Flintcawk
Forum Intermediate

overlord elz wrote:
Flintcawk wrote:
overlord elz wrote:

no.
I am posting about ETL because he is an elite player and he is able to perform so well in the game, to me, it appears it is above human. I know he isn't cheating, I have been around the game since 2006 so know he is just the cream of the crop and have a large amount of respect for the guy.
I agree.
Never fought against him, but i could imagine him being a tough one.
Not saying by any means do i stand a chance against the elite massers either.
Dc sabs me out in onliner before i can blink and respond
Tap for explosive fun!
overlord elz
Forum Irregular

Flintcawk wrote:
overlord elz wrote:
Flintcawk wrote:
overlord elz wrote:

no.
I agree.
Never fought against him, but i could imagine him being a tough one.
Not saying by any means do i stand a chance against the elite massers either.
Dc sabs me out in onliner before i can blink and respond
That's me in a nutshell! feels like I am fighting against some sort of crazy AI machine most the time. My tactic is just hope for offliners... doesn't help being in Australia on crappy internet.
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

thats why i was already saying for ages, make logs show the exact time of hits with seconds or even miliseconds, then it would be much easier to detect and catch scripters, but looks like noone supports that idea.

p.s. i do have hard time against some people as well that i think they are inhumane
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
overlord elz
Forum Irregular

D3ath wrote:thats why i was already saying for ages, make logs show the exact time of hits with seconds or even miliseconds, then it would be much easier to detect and catch scripters, but looks like noone supports that idea.

p.s. i do have hard time against some people as well that i think they are inhumane

TL;DR - see bold colour

I would assume they probably don't record milliseconds in the database, or if they do are recording it in different fields that are displayed in the logs. I don't think at the end of the day it makes much difference, scripting (client side macros) by it's very nature are designed to mimic human action (to avoid laborious repetitive tasks).

I have thought about this a lot previously, not just for this game, I work in programming and data analysis... how detectable is scripting? At what point is the actions considered "inhuman" or setting an unfair advantage? Consider the idea of solving a Rubik's cube, takes me about 10 minutes to solve it and I consider myself decent. The human world record is like 5 seconds, the machine world record is probably around 1 second I believe. So to me and my best time, there is only a 0.7% difference in the best human and the best machine (remember that is the BEST machine). The differentiation of what I can achieve and what a machine can is indistinguishable without video evidence.

This is pretty well the same case for in game scripts. I have seen people that have been able to expertly repair, retrain, bank etc. with multiple windows mostly on what must be muscle memory. You do something enough it just becomes instinct. This has been backed up by being on the receiving end of some of the finest SGW has seen. It is the same vast chasm between my time on solving a Rubik's cube and the world champions. Obviously without each individual player videoing every single interaction with their computer/device it is near impossible to differentiate between a client side macro and human action.

I don't envy the admin that would have only limited server side data to try and make this correlation, as is the nature of client side macros, the differentiation is going to be such a minor thing. I mean you are talking about a game that has so many repeat actions and repeatable patterns naturally you could easily be banned for just being too clinical.

*edit - added TL;DR shortcuts
CC90
Forum Expert
Alliance: Endgame
Race: System Lord
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): The Millenium, ~CLOUD~, ~Ragnarok, OMA SEIKU

Im really really really starting to feel left out now :(

Everyone gets accused of scripting these days... Am i just not good enough at the game to be accused :o

I gotta up the ante as they say...

Also on topic tees man just because harch beat you no sorry spanked you you accuse him of this...

I already said on skype its dumb man if thats the case i would never have been able to beat him a while back neither could moses have... The guy has been around since the games inception been your friend for a long time and you go and accuse him of this because you cant take a little butt hurt...

As much as it pains me to say it harch is one of the best players the game has ever seen (i can already hear his ego burst) and he has massed with the best and against them so obviously he has a set up to suit him and to hold people off...

Can u honestly sit there and tell us when your on the ball in the zone and everything is going perfect your massing at that time is nothing short of epic? Because i know mines is :smt025
22:00:43 Colonel Jack Oneill -Rob Merkley: ok, Well there you have it I suck and am a noob, ill leave the fighting to you mightly mutha **Filtered**Image
harchester wrote: Harch - no more massing from me ;)
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

well i.e. i solve rubiks cube in less then 3 minutes but its still bad time when compared with world records, and its all cause i am using some old algorithm which learned from my parents and there are much better ones, and world record for human solving is below 5 seconds and for robot solving its below 1 second. And as we can see the difference is still at least 5 times between man and robot.

and yeah i do agree with u that it might be hard to detect it from the server side, but it would still be much more clear cause now the minute gap marker is way too big, and its unclear maybe there were 30 attacks in 2 seconds then there were a gap of 20 seconds and then another hits in same time and the person had 20 secs to repair retrain do all calculations and all other **Filtered** or maybe he did all that in less than a second :) and kept on doing every second for a whole minute :)

also for those false positives which would caught out the innocent people they could all then prove themselves not guilty by explaining it to admins how they were doing it or maybe even providing a video of it.
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob

Return to “Report Archive”