Ascension Guide & Other Guides

Many questions have been asked, answered, and compiled into (sometimes) pretty guides or tutorials. If you have a question about ascensions, pergatory, or any other large game features, please look here first!
Also the place where you can find calculator discussion threads.

Like this Guide?

Hell ya!
50%
Whoooo, I've just hit the Mother Load! :O
10%
To much info Man! (in a bad way)
1%
This stuff dosen't help!
5%
You have no Idea how much this helps! Thanks ;)
11%
Great for Newbies
4%
Great for Intermediates
No votes
Great for Both Intermediates and Newbies
19%

Total votes: 114
GameSquire
Forum Addict
Race: The Canadian Tollan
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): StarGateMan

Re: Ascension Guide & Other Guides

Sol wrote:
matty~ wrote:i think there is a ascension beyond unknown now!

*Gray One
[ The Legion ]
Disciples of Heset (Wealth)
Conqueror of the New World

Nope, that is just your new title when you ascend from NG to main.

It may be a dumb question but NG is the New Ground server right?
Sol
Forum Addict

GameSquire wrote:
Sol wrote:

*Gray One
[ The Legion ]

sure is
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
GameSquire
Forum Addict
Race: The Canadian Tollan
Alternate name(s): StarGateMan

Sol wrote:
GameSquire wrote:
Sol wrote:

*Gray One
[ The Legion ]

sure is

Thought that's what it was :razz: Thanks
Cyberspilie
Fledgling Forumer

How is the amount of starting naq calculated after an ascending?

Is it a fixed amount or how does it work?

Thanks.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Cyberspilie wrote:How is the amount of starting naq calculated after an ascending?

Thanks.
You get one SS package worth of resources when you ascend. That never changes. (What does change is the starting UP, but that too is decided by the SS package.)
Sometimes KingdomGames offers extra resources for SS packages and Black Market purchases (like in the time between Christmas and Epiphany - Jan 6th), and that affects the value of your ascensions as well.

In any case, the amount is not fixed, but it is permanently linked to the value of an SS package. :D
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Juliette wrote:
Cyberspilie wrote:How is the amount of starting naq calculated after an ascending?

Thanks.
You get one SS package worth of resources when you ascend. That never changes. (What does change is the starting UP, but that too is decided by the SS package.)
Sometimes KingdomGames offers extra resources for SS packages and Black Market purchases (like in the time between Christmas and Epiphany - Jan 6th), and that affects the value of your ascensions as well.

In any case, the amount is not fixed, but it is permanently linked to the value of an SS package. :D

Which, at this moment, means 15,200,000,000,000 Naquadah :)

Might also be worth mentioning that your weapons are sold for 75% of their original value when you ascend, and the price goes into your bank after you've ascended - so you can count on that naq as well.
Gone, left, no longer here.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Preem Palver wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Thanks.

Might also be worth mentioning that your weapons are sold for 75% of their original value when you ascend, and the price goes into your bank after you've ascended - so you can count on that naq as well.
Since it says that quite literally on the ascension page, I kill it. :P :-D
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Juliette wrote:Since it says that quite literally on the ascension page, I kill it. :P :-D

But then again, nobody ever reads the entire End User License Agreement ;)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Preem Palver wrote:
Juliette wrote:Since it says that quite literally on the ascension page, I kill it. :P :-D
But then again, nobody ever reads the entire End User License Agreement ;)
Ignorance as an excuse?! :shock: No. :-D
Cyberspilie
Fledgling Forumer

Preem Palver wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Thanks.

Thank you for the fast reply. So can I state that the SS package can change in value...?
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Cyberspilie wrote:
Preem Palver wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Thanks.

Thank you for the fast reply. So can I state that the SS package can change in value...?

It just changed (I think it increased by a few trillions, but I'm not sure on the exact amount), so yeah, it can be expected to change again when admin wants to adjust the values again to match rates on the black market - whenever that may be.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Preem Palver wrote:
Cyberspilie wrote:
Preem Palver wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Thanks.

It just changed (I think it increased by a few trillions, but I'm not sure on the exact amount), so yeah, it can be expected to change again when admin wants to adjust the values again to match rates on the black market - whenever that may be.
*grin* It changes whenever supply and demand get 'out of sync' again. ;) It reflects the reality of trading. :-D
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Juliette wrote: *grin* It changes whenever supply and demand get 'out of sync' again. ;) It reflects the reality of trading. :-D

So, SS values change automatically?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Preem Palver wrote:
Juliette wrote: *grin* It changes whenever supply and demand get 'out of sync' again. ;) It reflects the reality of trading. :-D
Theoretically, they do. They should work similarly to the 'free AT' option, which reduces its values as it is used more often. Same should be true for Black Market prices (although I seem to remember admin actually adjusting those values manually).

In any case, yes. They do change.. whether entirely automatic or by admin's order is something you could inquire about at an admin meet. ;) Chances aplenty. This week's chats should go through, anyway. :)
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Juliette wrote:
Preem Palver wrote:
Theoretically, they do. They should work similarly to the 'free AT' option, which reduces its values as it is used more often. Same should be true for Black Market prices (although I seem to remember admin actually adjusting those values manually).

In any case, yes. They do change.. whether entirely automatic or by admin's order is something you could inquire about at an admin meet. ;) Chances aplenty. This week's chats should go through, anyway. :)

Since I'm not ascending (nor buying any packages, I'm afraid), it was just curiosity - I thought you might know something we ordinary folks don't ;)

Return to “Guides and Tutorials”