New to the universe, and not a clue? First Steps In TGW's

Many questions have been asked, answered, and compiled into (sometimes) pretty guides or tutorials. If you have a question about ascensions, pergatory, or any other large game features, please look here first!
Also the place where you can find calculator discussion threads.
CrazyTatum
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

Re: New to the universe, and not a clue? First Steps In TGW'

Welcome first of all!

Miners give you Naquadah. A portion of the miners you train become lifers. A lifer is a miner unit that can not be untrained. Based on what you showed me you have 5,000,43 lifers and a total of 277 miners that can be untrained and used for other purposes such as attack/defense/covert/anti covert. Untrained mercenaries are completely useless. What I would suggest for you is to get yourself a whole bunch of personal turns from the market and you should raid and grow your army. You should shoot for 50k units per 15 turns, do not go below that. You should also untrain the offensive away team and train them into covert so you can spy more people. Once you grow until at least 100 million army size, you should then focus on ascending. YOu ascend by gaining glory and reputation points by being ranked 1248 or lower. On your first ascension you will lose your resources unless you have supporter status and are able to broker your stuff away. If you do not want to spend the 20$ you will get supporter status after you ascend the first time. It wouldn't be a bad idea to ascend with everything and start yourself towards building a decent ascended account. Resources are cheap, you can get everything you need as long as you have turns. Most of all have fun, stick around, and bring your friends

Thanks! Getting around a little better now, but still not sure about the market turns and what to do with the UM's - I quickly realized they were useless!!
vinny d
Forum Expert
Alliance: House Stark
Race: Nano-ti
ID: 27317

Re: New to the universe, and not a clue? First Steps In TGW'

I'm not sure if you have to pay to use the ingame market, but if you do, it's a very small amount. You would then use up to 6 market turns to get things. The turns are the most beneficial for someone starting out.

Use 1 market turn in exchange for 1,980 non-transferrable turns.

Also you can sell off the um and get some naq back or you can just leave them.
Wolverine_nl
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: MidNight
Race: Ancient
ID: 68833

Re: New to the universe, and not a clue? First Steps In TGW's

Getting Market Support status isn't a big problem, you don't need real money to get that status at all. I believe it was the quantity the first time that you had to double or do times 4 to get it rolling. Correct me if I am wrong ;)

Return to “Guides and Tutorials”