New to the universe, and not a clue? First Steps In TGW's

Many questions have been asked, answered, and compiled into (sometimes) pretty guides or tutorials. If you have a question about ascensions, pergatory, or any other large game features, please look here first!
Also the place where you can find calculator discussion threads.
vinny d
Forum Expert
Alliance: House Stark
Race: Nano-ti
ID: 27317

New to the universe, and not a clue? First Steps In TGW's

Step 1, the beginning.
Welcome to the Game, I hope you enjoy it here. I do not know the resources you start with, but, it doesn’t matter. Resources can easily be gained by attacking and raiding for whatever you want.

Step 2, so I have something now.
Go over to the side bar, and click attack. You will be put onto the battlefield. You will see other players there, with naq out in the open. You may see anywhere from 1- 100 billion naq out in the open. You will want to go for at least 45-50 billion if you have only 1 attack weapon. If you see ???? Do not bother trying to attack them since you do not know if you are going to succeed in the attack or how much naq they have. Look for players that you can see their naq and army size. When you find a user, click on their link. Scroll down until you see a bunch of options. Hit the spy button and send your spies. If your attack is higher than their defense, declare war with them. Once you declare war, press attack. You should then attack them with 12 turns, and get their naq. Don’t forget to go to the armory after the attack and repair your weapons! (You could also use the quick spy button located on the battlefield page, represented by an eye. You can then attack using the quick attack button, this uses 15 turns though, and you may want to save them at first.)

Step 3, that’s a lot of naq.
After your first attack, you will have anywhere from 45- 100 billion naq. Don’t get ahead of yourself, you still have ways to go. With your first attack put all the naq you took and put it into U.P. Keep attacking for naq, and dumping it into UP. Whilst doing this, train your UU into miners, so you get more naq per turn. Once you have a U.P. of 1,000, stop worrying about U.P since you are going to lose it when you ascend. (See this guide, you don’t need to build a much bigger UP since you are ascending. Though It should be advised that to build a good ascended account you ascend with more than just the minimums viewtopic.php?f=18&t=102667) after you have attacked for naq to get your U.P., start to raid. You will want to get at least 50k per 15 turns. Keep raiding until you are out of turns. You can purchase turns from the in game market or use your market turns to get personal turns. I recommend using the personal turns. Keep raiding until you are bored, run out of turns, or until you hit at least 50 million units. Once you have these units you will need to build a defense. A decent defense that will protect you will be around the 1 trillion range. If you do not generate income, you will not be farmed. If you log in and bank, you will not be farmed. If you are being farmed, you may want to raise your defense or bank more. A good rule of thumb is 1 trillion defense per 50 billion naq that you have out in the open.
Step 4, I have a 1k UP
BUY SPY LEVELS! You should shoot to get up to level 30 for the time being, once you are done ascending you can buy spy levels until you can’t buy anymore. Spy levels also determine bank size.

1 6000 11 6144000 21 6,291,456,000
2 12000 12 12288000 22 12582912000
3 24000 13 24576000 23 25165824000
4 48000 14 49152000 24 50331648000
5 96000 15 98304000 25 1.00663E+11
6 192000 16 196608000 26 2.01327E+11
7 384000 17 393216000 27 4.02653E+11
8 768000 18 786432000 28 8.05306E+11
9 1536000 19 1572864000 29 1.61061E+12
10 3072000 20 3,145,728,000 30 3.22123E+12

Step 5, what now?
You need to be below rank 1,240to earn g+r points. To get rank you will need to have a balance of Attack, Defense, Covert and anti-Covert, and Mothership. To build a mothership you will go into the armory and click build mothership. Always put money into your mothership since this is a very helpful stat and it will not disappear once you ascend.

Step 6, to the future
You have progressed far It is now time for you to expand your horizons and become an even better player.
Go onto the forums, create account and go into the recruitment section. Post that you’re a new and meet people In the community. Also go onto the forums and seek an alliance. AN alliance can help you grow.

Useful Tips
Do not attack the top ten alliances until you know the game. If you see an alliance that has a lot of ???? chances are they can crush you.
Try to log in at least once a day. It doesn’t take much effort to build up.
Have Fun.
Be friendly in personal messages to players and understand that English is not everyone’s first language. People from all parts of the globe play this game.
Planets add benefits to your stats, but can be stolen. Do not rely on planets unless you can protect them, or hide them using mrsp.
You can buy protected planets treaty from the market to protect you from attacks for 2 days.

If you follow this guide, you will have a crutch to lean on. Once you surpass what I have written, your future is yours. Maybe one day it will be you ranked 1. Stick with the game, and don’t give up, and remember to have fun while doing so.

Below is the original 2006 edition[spoiler]Key:
U.U. Untrained units, the backbone of your account
U.P. The daily amount of UU you generate per day
Naq: In game monetary units, with out this, you can not purchase anything
*More common abreviations listed at bottom of page

Are you new to the gatewars community? Do you have no clue about what you are doing? Well don’t worry, we were all at one time clueless newbies.

The first 20k naq, 4 units, and turns

When you first create your stargatewars account, you have 20k naq, 4 uu and some turns. How do you turn this nothing into something? To save you all the hours of figuring out a good strategy, I will outline a basic beginners guide for you.

Step 1, the beginning.
With what naq you have you should buy one offensive weapon. You should buy the cheapest weapon costing you 1,000 naq, and 2,000 naq to train a soldier.
To buy this weapon, look to the control panel on the left hand side of the screen. Click on the bar that say armory. Scroll down until you see attack weapons, and purchase the cheapest weapon. Once you have this purchased, go to the training bar, and train 1 attack soldier. At the bottom of the training screen are the options to upgrade your account. Here you will find spy level upgrades, anti covert upgrades, and UP upgrades.
Since you have 17k naq left after your attack purchases, buy your first spy level for 6k naq. With the remaining 11k, train 1 spy, and 2 miners.

Step 2, so I have something now.
Go over to the side bar, and click attack. You will be put onto the battlefield. You will see other players there, with naq out in the open. You may see anywhere from 20- 60 million naq out in the open. If you see ???? Do not bother trying to attack them. Look for players that you can see their naq and army size. When you find a user, click on their link. Scroll down until you see a bunch of options. Hit the spy button and send your 1 spy. If your attack is higher than their defense, declare war with them. Once you declare war, press attack. You should then attack them with 15 turns, and get their naq. Don’t forget to go to the armory after the attack and repair your weapons!

Step 3, that’s a lot of naq.
After your first attack, you will have anywhere from 20- 60 million naq. Don’t get ahead of yourself, you still have ways to go. With your first attack put all the naq you took and put it into U.P. Keep attacking for naq, and dumping it into UP. Whilst doing this, train your UU into miners, so you get more naq per turn. Once you have a U.P. of 1,000 and an Income of at least 500k naq per turn, build a small defense. You should save up 30 attack turns, and then go attack someone. With the naq you have taken, buy as many top defensive weapons, and super soldiers as possible. Remember you need UU to train into defenders. With the naq you have you should be able to buy anywhere from 154- 463 top defense troops. This should make it so that you have relative protection from most players in your area of skill.

Step 4, I have a 1k UP, and an Income of 500k +
BUY SPY LEVELS! In your toddler stage, you should aim to get up to level 15

1- 6,000 11- 6,144,000
2- 12,000 12- 12,288,000
3- 24,000 13- 24,576,000
4- 48,000 14- 49,152,000
5- 96,000 15- 98,304,000
6- 192,000 16- 196,608,000
7- 384,000 17- 393,216,000
8- 768,000 18- 786,432,000
9- 1,536,000 19- 1,572,864,000
10- 3,072,000 20- 3,145,728,000

Step 5, what now?
Go back to working on U.P. and income. Train some spies, so less people can see your naq. Do not stop working on U.P. and income until you reach 2,500 unit’s a day, and have an income of at least 3 million. Once you do this, it is time to build up a better defense. Build up a defense of at least 500 million. This will deter most from attacking you in your realative power. You can’t defend against bigger players, buy there is a way to counter that.

Step 6, to the future
You have progressed far from the 20k naq, 4 uu, and some turns. It is now time for you to expand your horizons and become an even better player.
Go onto the forums, create account and go into the recruitment section. Post that you’re a newb, post your U.P. and state that you want a commander that can help you grow.
Also go onto the forums and seek an alliance. AN alliance can help you grow.

If you follow this guide, you will have a crutch to lean on. Once you surpass what I have written, your future is yours. Maybe one day it will be you ranked 1. Stick with the game, and don’t give up, and remember to have fun while doing so.[/spoiler]

Abreviations (Provided by =Oasis=, semi alphabetical order)

• Asl/Acl - Anti spy level/Anti-Cover-Level
  • AT - attack turns
  • C - chaos
  • CC - command center
  • Co - commander
  • Miners - mining drones/lifers
  • Mk/Mkt - market
  • MS - Mother ship
  • Mt - market turn
  • PPT - protected planets treaty
  • Q - quantum
  • RAL - Realm Alert Level
  • Raw UP - Your base amount of UP (before officers and bonuses)
  • Reg - register
  • Sl - Spy level
  • Supers - super soldiers
  • SS - supporter status/Super Soldiers
  • SGW - stargate wars (same as The Gate Wars)
  • TIP - Turn Income Produced
  • TGW - the gate wars
  • UM - untrained mercs
  • USS/FSS – ultimate/full supporter status
Last edited by vinny d on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Afentius
Forum Intermediate

Very Nice!! I call for a sticky :)
The Xeno
n00b prophet
ID: 0

Stickied.
However, in order to make room I have un-stikied the Vacation mode FAQ.
Any problems with that please PM me...
Very nice job Vinny :D /-Xeno
VALEN
Forum Newbie

very good many thanks
xamaxy
Forum Newbie

superb job man :D
i'm also a noob in this game so i wonder: HOW can you achieve 1000 U/day ??? When each time it's increased for only 3 ?
Spacey
Forum Zombie

xamaxy wrote:HOW can you achieve 1000 U/day...each time it's increased for only 3 ?
Many ways:
(1) Use turns to attack for naq to use on UP, then train your UU into miners to make more naq to use on UP
(2) Once having SS(MSS, FSS), trade turns for naq to use on UP
(3) Once having SS(MSS, FSS), trade turns for miners to increase naq per turn to use on UP
(4) use turns to raid for UU to train into miners to increase naq per turn to use to increase UP

I can go on and on, but I think you get the idea, and I'll leave it up to you to figure out what's best for you, and the most economical.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
xamaxy
Forum Newbie

wow thanx a LOT spacey!!! :bow:
Spacey
Forum Zombie

xamaxy wrote::bow:

:-) thanks, but...bow before no one.

Find yourself a good commander and learn what you can, if you already don't have one. You'll get a percentage of her/his naq that you can use for UP, and maybe s/he can give naq to help you out to increase UP.
xamaxy
Forum Newbie

Spacey wrote:
xamaxy wrote::bow:

:-) thanks, but...bow before no one.

Find yourself a good commander and learn what you can, if you already don't have one. You'll get a percentage of her/his naq that you can use for UP, and maybe s/he can give naq to help you out to increase UP.

i can't believe my eyes :shock: :shock:
i did something,,,i don't know what,,,, but something on market relating with attack turns and recieved over 6 billion naquadah and 12000 miners :shock: :shock: :shock:
i dont know is this a temporary thing, bug or pure luck :? :? :? :?
i am lost,,,i don't know what to do next :?
sorry for bothering you but i can now buy everything and it looks easy,,,like cheat :!:
Spacey
Forum Zombie

If you did something on the market you probably traded your turns for naq and miners. I don't think it's a cheat, but rather you've discovered the in-game market. :-) I hope you were able to spend it on raising your UP, and didn't have it attacked for...that would be bad...remember: spend on your UP, build an army, make naq, spend on UP, etc.(just like the stickies suggest).

Cheers,
K
Spam Bot
Fledgling Forumer

I liiiike the market. Not like native Kazakhstan. You wait 17 hours behind old lady for 1/2 rat and melon rind.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? Epicurus [341–270 B.C.] Greek philosopher
Winter Wolf
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ancient Brethren/Owned
Race: Ancient
ID: 15469

nice work, saves time explaining it over and over again to people on msn. :D
melak
Forum Newbie
Location: Aboard the Carter, the last surviving ship of the Asgard

I followed this guide and got to say, this guide is the best steps for new-comers to the game
Freir Lord Of The Elves
Forum Newbie

awsome
Id Is 70062
Anime Is The Begining Of Life
Exit
Fledgling Forumer
Race: Ancient
ID: 34350

I'd suggest posting this in our own forums, vinny, but then i realized that it shouldn't be necessary. :wink:
"I believe it because it is absurd."
[Exit's Signature Shop]

Return to “Guides and Tutorials”