The big difference between farming and attacking someone

Many questions have been asked, answered, and compiled into (sometimes) pretty guides or tutorials. If you have a question about ascensions, pergatory, or any other large game features, please look here first!
Also the place where you can find calculator discussion threads.
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Jedi
ID: 101050

The big difference between farming and attacking someone

Ok, well I have been getting this frequently from people about me farming their officers, alliance members, friends, children, pets, etc. when I have only attacked them once. So I have decided to post this up so everyone will know what the difference is so they won't get into a stupid war or something like that.

Farming: This is when you hit someone more then 3 times. Some alliances and players say that 5-10 times is farming, but the majority say that when hitting someone 3 times in a short amount of time such as a week or less would be farming. Now this doesn't mean that you can only hit someone 3 times in your whole time on SGW without getting trouble. You can hit them over and over again, but try to space it out every few weeks or so so it can be avoided. Raiding would be considered farming when you raid some one multiple different times in one week like you raid someone on Monday, do it again Tuesday, again on Thursday, etc.

Attacking: Attacking someone is when you hit somebody once and stop until you hit them later on down the road a couple weeks if you feel like it. This is just a simple 15 turn attack.

Massing: Massing is when you aim to kill someone's defence. This is easily accomplished by attacking someone multiple times in a minute and continuing the attacks until they no longer have a defence left. Raiding could also be classified as massing if you hit them a bunch of time in one day and stop for the rest of the week or more.

Short Term Massing:: I've got this a bit in my PM box. What if I used fifteen 1 turn attacks to steal someone's naq. Is that a 1 turn attack or massing. Thats massing. Reason why is that a simple 15 turn attack damage that opponets defences and you steal the resources. 15 1 turns attacks hurts the defences a lot more and can get many people mad at you.

Phasing: Phasing is when you mass, attack, raid, or sabotage someone repeatedly and their realm phases out. Phasing out is when their realm has had over 200 attacks to it and the account basically shuts down on its own to where no attacks can resume on it. The user who is phased can neither attack, raid, spy, nor conquer a planet. The phased out person does not gain naq or UU per turn since their realm is diverting all power into repairing your realm. The longest phased out (I believe and what I have epexerience from myself and others) is 24 hours.

One way to unphase yourself though is to turn off the nox. By doing this it will erase the insurance that was on you. If you turn it back on then it will restart.

Probe Attack: This is when someone uses 1 turn to check the defences on a opponet they can not recon due to a lack of covert. This 1 turn is less expensive repairs wise than using 15 turns. If the defence is too high then you won't lose so much and if it is not then you cna use 15 turns to attack it regularly.

Xeno edit:
Planet Theft: This is when someone uses 15 AT to steal a planet from someone else. The normal defense and strike are not taken into account: This is purely a battle between Mothership and planet. Planet theft is a major transgresion, think carefully before pulling the trigger.

Hopefully this will help someone and help resolve most problems.
Last edited by JediMasterX on Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
(11:31 PM) Biscuit: I wish it was Jedi that massed me instead of a noob!
Tweety Girl says (11:48 PM)
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
2,454,890 Untrained ware taken from the realm of Oma Dasala.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
*~Starry~*
Forum Addict
ID: 0

what is phasing? :x

>_<

~starry
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

oh thanks, I should add that.
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Ra
Sun God
ID: 10085

very informative =D>
Death is the Road to Awe

JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

Many people need this. Like The Ancients, a guy ranked 45 and doesn't know the difference between farming and attacking. Wow.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
#?#

[FRA] JediMasterX wrote:Many people need this. Like The Ancients, a guy ranked 45 and doesn't know the difference between farming and attacking. Wow.

High rank and power never implied game knowledge ;)
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

lol, very true and this proved it.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
[TA] Ryan Uy
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Human
ID: 9035

didnt know there was such a thing as phasing, i should come here much often and try to read the updates lol thanks for the info
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

Me neither, I thought it was a myth, but once I started doing it to others and getting a few myself in the NAOS vs FRA war I found out that it sucks.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
#?#

Ryan Uy wrote:didnt know there was such a thing as phasing, i should come here much often and try to read the updates lol thanks for the info

Me neither :shock: Well yet another mean to put people you don't want out of the picture for awhile xD
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

yes it is. It is very effective and very fun to do. That was something fun to do in the NAOS war.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
#?#

[FRA] JediMasterX wrote:yes it is. It is very effective and very fun to do. That was something fun to do in the NAOS war.

On the other hand it's not that fun when people do it to you xD 24h without playing :(
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

Well it can range form 1 turn to 24 hours. I believe you get 3 chances to get phased out and it comes of the next turn, once that happens you get phased a little bit longer, and then once that happens and you get phased again you get phased 24 hours. Not everyone I hit was phased for 24 hours. Its better if they get phased for only 1 turn because the next urn you can phase them again.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
#?#

[FRA] JediMasterX wrote:Well it can range form 1 turn to 24 hours. I believe you get 3 chances to get phased out and it comes of the next turn, once that happens you get phased a little bit longer, and then once that happens and you get phased again you get phased 24 hours. Not everyone I hit was phased for 24 hours. Its better if they get phased for only 1 turn because the next urn you can phase them again.

The longer the funner heh
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

yup.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}

Return to “Guides and Tutorials”