The big difference between farming and attacking someone

Many questions have been asked, answered, and compiled into (sometimes) pretty guides or tutorials. If you have a question about ascensions, pergatory, or any other large game features, please look here first!
Also the place where you can find calculator discussion threads.
Zeon
Forum Elite
Alliance: THe criminal web
ID: 0

Fishing through this topic I didnt see anything about how to pull yourself off of phase. If you have the nox insurance and are set to critical you phase out rather quickly. If you delsect these setting and then reselect them it will unphase you.. cheers. I had joys of learning this the hard way in the not so distant FRA vrs. Alpha war. Ze
Sovetski wrote:Once FRA always FRA, we are almost as addictive as this game.
systemlord yu
Forum Newbie

[DD2] JediMasterX wrote:Many people need this. Like The Ancients, a guy ranked 45 and doesn't know the difference between farming and attacking. Wow.

yep, i remmber being massed by him when i was a noob, for 1 strike against his officer. what is his name now?
cool sig pending

BWB
Thelen
Fledgling Forumer

Well everyone has different standards anyway. Some CoP people take 1 attack as being 'farming', where other alliances take 10 attacks to be farming..
Selling
Forum Newbie

Good points, thelen, you have a point on the farming issue, but i would agree with the threads original post that its anywhere between 3-10
bryan
Forum Intermediate

i thought farming was 5 hits in a day....attacking was anything less
my bad

of course if it is against me, 1 hit is farming.
Bryan wrote:shoot first, fire missiles second. if anything left, drop a nuke
Genlucky wrote:Opinions are like **Filtered**. everyone has one, and some are bigger than others
buck wrote:i am infact the proverbial nutcase
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

is there even a difference? i consider the declare war button as already farming
drnine
Fledgling Forumer

[SGC_ReplicÅtors] wrote:is there even a difference? i consider the declare war button as already farming

I Agree with you on this one...
DrNine [ MaYHeM ]
Living God of the TOLAH
{Temporarily on the Protected Planets Treaty...}
Anarchy_
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Δ Allegiance
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 52622

im pretty sure u dont need to declare war to get maximum gains anymore
Trade Feedback Thread
ID: 52622
Replicator/NanoTiMaster Mod colour
[SGC_ReplicÅtors]
Forum Addict

SATAN_666 wrote:im pretty sure u dont need to declare war to get maximum gains anymore

i still click the button to maximize gains
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

bryan wrote:i thought farming was 5 hits in a day....attacking was anything less
my bad

of course if it is against me, 1 hit is farming.

isnt it closer to that on you it is 1 hit is massing request? (or something like that)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
lammesneeuw

I have just been massed without provocation. No, i didn't provoke because i haven't attacked in about 2 months. He attacked me for the untrained units, but attacking 112 times (which completely destroyed my 300,000 defensive weapons) is a bit too much for my taste. I fell back from rank 800 to 8100, with 760 G&R points. So its a really annoying action since i was planning of ascending :(.
Is there any way to report him or don't you do that sort of stuff at this game? Im really annoyed :(
[DDE] Bastion
Forum Intermediate

lammesneeuw wrote:I have just been massed without provocation. No, i didn't provoke because i haven't attacked in about 2 months. He attacked me for the untrained units, but attacking 112 times (which completely destroyed my 300,000 defensive weapons) is a bit too much for my taste. I fell back from rank 800 to 8100, with 760 G&R points. So its a really annoying action since i was planning of ascending :(.
Is there any way to report him or don't you do that sort of stuff at this game? Im really annoyed :(

Fight back. and don't have alot of UU out. Anymore than 100k UU, and I'd do that to you also... A) its a war game and B) fight back!
Cherry Blossom
Fledgling Forumer

[DDE] Bastion wrote:
lammesneeuw wrote:I have just been massed without provocation. No, i didn't provoke because i haven't attacked in about 2 months. He attacked me for the untrained units, but attacking 112 times (which completely destroyed my 300,000 defensive weapons) is a bit too much for my taste. I fell back from rank 800 to 8100, with 760 G&R points. So its a really annoying action since i was planning of ascending :(.

Fight back. and don't have alot of UU out. Anymore than 100k UU, and I'd do that to you also... A) its a war game and B) fight back!

Indeed. Unfortunately some people who play will attack without provication. This is a war game, and attacks will happen!

If you're more interested in playing a defensive game, you don't just need a decent def and covert, you need to be careful about leaving resources lying about. Leave enough out and no matter how big your def, someone will attack you (especially for uu, I've seen large def's massed down to get at a large amount of uu).

Lets be honest here, the big guys round here got to where they are because they're not afraid to take what they want. This is a war game and losses and destruction happen. You gotta pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and get on with playing again.

Try it for yourself, go get a few people. I guarentee it'll be fun! :-D
lammesneeuw

[DDE] Bastion wrote:Fight back. and don't have alot of UU out. Anymore than 100k UU, and I'd do that to you also... A) its a war game and B) fight back!

Ok first of all, how am i supposed to ascend if i need 160k untrained units? I have no choice but to grow my untrained...
And then, i started fighting back... sooo my units were killed (slower than his, but still...), my weapons broke, which made me try to attack others for money. And then i got another glimpse of how this attack system sucks :(. I got 2 times that i was defeated because there was some sort of hologram, and 2 times because they did crushing damage or whatever. While i should have won all 4 attacks... So im not gonna bother attacking anymore. In fact, im not gonna bother with this game anymore.
I should say that i was at first interested with this game. Ok, the very first thing i thought was that they stole the engine from Kings of Chaos, which would make this a cheap ripoff, but when i heard about ascension i was interested. Way back when i still attacked a bit i already was annoyed with people winning a fight because of some lame hologram or other things, while i was definitely the stronger player. So i decided to not attack and ascend by turn-based income alone. And now that i got so close, 1 person puts me back so much that it would take a month or so to get back within the G&R range... Its incredibly annoying. This would be easily solved if admins would enforce the law that you can't attack someone more than 10 time a day... (which is quite reasonable imo).
I do realise this is a war game, and that if you compare it to real life, you wouldn't have such a restriction. But on the other hand, do you think an army could have time to travel between galaxys a hundred times in 1 day? Not having such a restriction can - as is shown right here - ruin the game for someone in just a day.

Well, i think i ranted enough here. Im sorry for messing up the thread, but i wanted to speak my mind, and the conversation was already started so i couldn't take it somewhere else that easily.
I will keep an eye on this thread to see if some form of support can come, but if not im quitting this game.

byebye :)
lammesneeuw

Cherry Blossom wrote:Indeed. Unfortunately some people who play will attack without provication. This is a war game, and attacks will happen!

If you're more interested in playing a defensive game, you don't just need a decent def and covert, you need to be careful about leaving resources lying about. Leave enough out and no matter how big your def, someone will attack you (especially for uu, I've seen large def's massed down to get at a large amount of uu).

Lets be honest here, the big guys round here got to where they are because they're not afraid to take what they want. This is a war game and losses and destruction happen. You gotta pick yourself up, dust yourself down, and get on with playing again.

Try it for yourself, go get a few people. I guarentee it'll be fun! :-D

Well i can make a short reply on this... yeah i tried attacking, and lost 4 times because of some stupid reason. It doesn't say anywhere in the FAQ "dont attack this or that race (or whatever the reason is i can't beat them) because you can't beat them". And i always do my best to not have resources out, but for ascension i had no choice. I would have bought UU from the market if i could, but i couldn't (only lifers which i can't untrain). Hmm i just thought of first training the soldiers, and then untraining them when i ascend... ok that's an option, but its a bit stupid (although it probably is the only way)

But well, the line "i guarantee it'll be fun" is wrong, sorry. It takes to much effort to learn all the rules to make succesfull attacks to be bothered. I do realise that im a bit bitter, but i've played many other webgames, and this is the one that is the most complicated. Some might see that as a good thing, but i like to at least be able to do normal attacks, not having to look at some strange reason why an opponent could win even though they have a weaker army.
[/rant]

Sory for the double post lol
bye

Return to “Guides and Tutorials”