The big difference between farming and attacking someone

Many questions have been asked, answered, and compiled into (sometimes) pretty guides or tutorials. If you have a question about ascensions, pergatory, or any other large game features, please look here first!
Also the place where you can find calculator discussion threads.
Cherry Blossom
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 0

lammesneeuw wrote:
[DDE] Bastion wrote:Fight back. and don't have alot of UU out. Anymore than 100k UU, and I'd do that to you also... A) its a war game and B) fight back!

Ok first of all, how am i supposed to ascend if i need 160k untrained units? I have no choice but to grow my untrained...
And then, i started fighting back... sooo my units were killed (slower than his, but still...), my weapons broke, which made me try to attack others for money. And then i got another glimpse of how this attack system sucks :(. I got 2 times that i was defeated because there was some sort of hologram, and 2 times because they did crushing damage or whatever. While i should have won all 4 attacks... So im not gonna bother attacking anymore. In fact, im not gonna bother with this game anymore.
I should say that i was at first interested with this game. Ok, the very first thing i thought was that they stole the engine from Kings of Chaos, which would make this a cheap ripoff, but when i heard about ascension i was interested. Way back when i still attacked a bit i already was annoyed with people winning a fight because of some lame hologram or other things, while i was definitely the stronger player. So i decided to not attack and ascend by turn-based income alone. And now that i got so close, 1 person puts me back so much that it would take a month or so to get back within the G&R range... Its incredibly annoying. This would be easily solved if admins would enforce the law that you can't attack someone more than 10 time a day... (which is quite reasonable imo).
I do realise this is a war game, and that if you compare it to real life, you wouldn't have such a restriction. But on the other hand, do you think an army could have time to travel between galaxys a hundred times in 1 day? Not having such a restriction can - as is shown right here - ruin the game for someone in just a day.

Well, i think i ranted enough here. Im sorry for messing up the thread, but i wanted to speak my mind, and the conversation was already started so i couldn't take it somewhere else that easily.
I will keep an eye on this thread to see if some form of support can come, but if not im quitting this game.

byebye :)

1. You can "store" uu as spies or miners. For examle, you could train your 160k uu into spies, then when you need them to ascend you simply untrain them.

2. Save naq in a similar way by buying weapons. If you need naq for ascending, just sell some of the weapons. Also, if you're saving naq, use your bank. Naq in your bank can't be touched!

3. Spy on everyone before attacking. If you can't see their naq or army size, don't attack. Make sure your strike is at least comfortably above their def (I usually want my attack 20% higher than their def). I know it sounds simple, but it's amazing the number of people who suicide into my def because they didn't spy first. One guy tried to mass me with a 300 mill strike, I have a 20 bill + def! :-D

4. This is a matter of preferance, but avoid Asgards. Only asgards have holograms, so if you avoid them you avoid the holograms. Easy! I only hit asgards if they have a TON of stuff out!

You've got to play clever if you want to succeed. Be careful, and you'll do fine. Try to get a decent CO, they'll help you learn the ropes when it comes to playing! Plus, they'll help with your income!
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

[DD2] JediMasterX wrote:Farming: This is when you hit someone more then 3 times. Some alliances and players say that 5-10 times is farming, but the majority say that when hitting someone 3 times in a short amount of time such as a week or less would be farming. Now this doesn't mean that you can only hit someone 3 times in your whole time on SGW without getting trouble. You can hit them over and over again, but try to space it out every few weeks or so so it can be avoided. Raiding would be considered farming when you raid some one multiple different times in one week like you raid someone on Monday, do it again Tuesday, again on Thursday, etc.

For the reference of anyone who cares, I consider farming a single attack for which you'll get a single warning after which your planets will begin disappearing.
Last edited by RobinInDaHood on Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Weirdy
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 40952

I'll warn a person off after the first attack, should they strike again, i'll give them a ultimatum, and should they strike yet again i'll accept it as an act of war and retalliate.
timicky[rla]
Forum Grunt

tbh im not fussed if someone takes my naq, I try to not leave large amounts out so have only been attacked once in the last 5 days and that was due to me going out the night before, getting very boozy, and not showing my face the next day until after 12am. Only cost me a bil so wasn't bothered. I imagine tho as I get a far bigger income it will annoy me but for now its no biggie.
J.S.
Forum Elite
Alliance: EPA
Race: Human
ID: 22325

Jedi you left out turbo massing.. Put in turbo massing
Back in my day, we massed you for disrespect!
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie
Race: Jedi
ID: 101050

J.S. wrote:Jedi you left out turbo massing.. Put in turbo massing

Turbo massing, not a bad idea. Only problem is that it requires another program that some people can't use. I know for me it doesn't work.

Also I edited in probe attacks.
(11:31 PM) Biscuit: I wish it was Jedi that massed me instead of a noob!
Tweety Girl says (11:48 PM)
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
2,454,890 Untrained ware taken from the realm of Oma Dasala.
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
~Massin4Christ~
Forum Elder
Race: System Lord

Very nice JediMaster! :lol:
Maybe a few will learn that farming isnt 1 attack, or a probe attack! :-D
Spoiler
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

thanks. Glad you like it.
.. i'm gonna come off vac mode just to mass JediMasterX so i can say "i hit it" .. damn that boy is smokin hot
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Lord Silent Bob
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Bundy Drinker
ID: 1905342

I also agree with the 3 times as attacking, personally i try not to hit more than 2 twice a week unless there are silly amounts of UU or Naq left out.

On the phasing thing though, I've massed one player repeatedly in the last two days, so far I've hit him over 400 times he's phased twice and I know he's not on Nox.....any ideas on this?
Midnight
Forum Regular

If I find myself attacking people mor ethan that, I normally send them a message sayingthat I am not specifically targeting them and that if they can get their defense up over half of mine, then I'll generally leave them alone.
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

I have no clue what to say about that Silent Bob. Are you sure they have no nox on. Like no delay in between attacks at all?
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
Lord Silent Bob
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Bundy Drinker
ID: 1905342

Nope, no delay. I usually have 2 or 3 pages with maybe 8-10 tabs per page and cycle through each page. probably a hit every 5-10 secs

then after maybe 200 hits it says he's phased

I unusually run out of sab attempts long before he phases
basher
Forum Grunt

Re: The big difference between farming and attacking someone

some nice work describing all types of attacks.
JediMasterX
Forum Zombie

Thanks
{TAF DESCENTIONS}
chargin
Forum Intermediate

jedi, what is turbo massing? what program is used??

I say smart things so people don't realize how dumb i am.

Return to “Guides and Tutorials”