Q & A of Pergatory

Many questions have been asked, answered, and compiled into (sometimes) pretty guides or tutorials. If you have a question about ascensions, pergatory, or any other large game features, please look here first!
Also the place where you can find calculator discussion threads.
Bous
Forum Grunt
Alliance: Mist Village
Race: Asgard

Re: Q & A of Pergatory

This has to be, by far, the most n00bish question I've asked since returning to the game. But I don't believe pergatory existed back in '05-'06.

My question is why enter perg at all? I understand ATs are turned into naq at market rate, thus giving a nice boost to get your account moving towards ascension (though the latest farm session would serve equally well I'm guessing). And, with AT used on you limited to 60 (per attacker or 60 on your whole account per day?) you are afforded more protection in general. Are these the only/main advantages?

And grovelling apologies in advance if I'd committed the horrendous faux pas of answering my own question.
Regards,

Bous

doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection
ID: 0

i promise i read the pages, but some of it is so old. 8-[ if you enter with personal turns do you still keep them? its just the generic(tradeable) that are sold off for naq at market rates?
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Turns: 77,099

Personals stay
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Bous wrote:This has to be, by far, the most n00bish question I've asked since returning to the game. But I don't believe pergatory existed back in '05-'06.

My question is why enter perg at all? I understand ATs are turned into naq at market rate, thus giving a nice boost to get your account moving towards ascension (though the latest farm session would serve equally well I'm guessing). And, with AT used on you limited to 60 (per attacker or 60 on your whole account per day?) you are afforded more protection in general. Are these the only/main advantages?

And grovelling apologies in advance if I'd committed the horrendous faux pas of answering my own question.

Theres a ton of naq and UU out there.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Soifon
Forum Newbie
Race: Shinigami

ANG (27) wrote:
Bous wrote:This has to be, by far, the most n00bish question I've asked since returning to the game. But I don't believe pergatory existed back in '05-'06.

Theres a ton of naq and UU out there.

That would be 60turns per player you hit

And to be honest its easy to raid UU and farm naq in perg, maybe too easy DUM DUM DUUUUUUM
Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt
Race: Human

Hi there, I'd like to know how people acquire their "titles" or whatever they are called... The names in red like Ancient God of the INDU
"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we're all damaged. I fear that today..."
El_Ryune
Forum Regular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
Race: System Lord
ID: 33236

You have to ascend to get those titles
Spoiler
byrne_1 wrote:My old alliance. ](*,)

Old EoB back in its peak, would of massed back with style. I cant see any come back this time.

So sad to see this.

Out of the all the alliances, you massed. Eob and maybe Eternal Knights could of done damage in their prime.
Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt

El_Ryune wrote:You have to ascend to get those titles

Ah yes the ascended state. Is there any bad parts or side affects of being Ascended?
"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we're all damaged. I fear that today..."
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Leader_Isaac wrote:

Ah yes the ascended state. Is there any bad parts or side affects of being Ascended?

Just that you lose your trained units, technology, unit production and levels every time you ascend - the road to enlightenment starts with a sacrifice :)
Gone, left, no longer here.
Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt

Preem Palver wrote:
Leader_Isaac wrote:

Just that you lose your trained units, technology, unit production and levels every time you ascend - the road to enlightenment starts with a sacrifice :)

Not interested in sacrifice. Thank you!
dip ship unknown
Forum Irregular
Alliance: none
Race: troll face
ID: 48299
Alternate name(s): eh im me

a few questions

1. do i lose all of my generic attack turns if i enter purgatory
2. if i ask nicley can i eat chicken
3. why cant i atack people in purgatory?
4. why is this thread still up, add it to the in game help and rules page
5. i like watermelons can you all make a super awesome watermellon cannon for my army?
Juliette wrote: Sab, sab, sabsabsab, sab sab sab sab sab! Sabbity sabbity sabbity sabbity sab sabsab sabsab.

Yes. To the tune of "Row, row, row your boat.."
qutotes and such
Jak of blAdeS wrote: Can we set an end date to this Vendetta? maybe monday when market turns reset?
Regards,
Jak
Albert Einstein wrote:I never said half the crap people say i did
donais wrote:yeah kill the evil empire :P
I guess this makes dip ship like a super hero
Jim wrote:Yes, I compared myself to MLK, and Pops to the founder of Protestantism.
Also, im tempted to name my child Martin Luther and force him to be some kind of visionary.
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Leader_Isaac wrote:
Preem Palver wrote:
Leader_Isaac wrote:

Not interested in sacrifice. Thank you!

But in exchange for a little sacrifice, you get the pretty red titles, as well as: better weapons; bonuses to your attack, defense, covert and anticovert; a unique technology (Ascended Blessing) only available to ascended players, which randomly doubles your attack/defense when attacking/being attacked; superior merc tech; the equivalent of a $20 supporter bonus (naq, UU, turns, UP, 10 days of MPDSD and 2 days of PPT)...

And that's not all! Ascend now and you'll also get an account on the restricted, and (as such) very cool, Ascended server, free of charge!
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

dip ship unknown wrote:a few questions

1. do i lose all of my generic attack turns if i enter purgatory
2. if i ask nicley can i eat chicken
3. why cant i atack people in purgatory?
4. why is this thread still up, add it to the in game help and rules page
5. i like watermelons can you all make a super awesome watermellon cannon for my army?

1. If I'm not mistaken, they're converted to naq when you enter.
2. You can, but be warned - it doesn't taste like chicken...
3. You can, but only a few times a day - it's not a place for War, more of a place for R&R.
4. The forum needs all the threads it can get, it's gotten pretty deserted lately.
5. How much do you offer?
Oreo
Fledgling Forumer
Alternate name(s): E

Pergatory is not accessible above 67,369,863

Do you still get kicked if you have more UUs than ^.

Return to “Guides and Tutorials”