Suggestion Box

Discuss your admiration, comments, complaints and all other feedback for the Guardian Angels of General
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Suggestion Box

This thread is a place where users can post requests, suggestions, and ideas regarding the management, structure, and modding of General.

I shall read and consider each serious request and put any that seem beneficial to the community into action.

You can request certain sub-sections be moved around, policies be changed, or whatever comes to your minds. Any suggestions that have value but may be debated will be put in a poll and voted on by the users of the section.

This is your forum. It's time you had a say.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Re: Suggestion Box

You(forum staff) have a tendency to "over-mod"- Instead of sending verbal warning and maybe asking users to meet them halfway there. It's always "warning I'm gonna ban you as soon as possible"

I don't agree with micro management.

I do realize you wish to keep this forums suitable for all age groups. You can do that without all the mods that act as if they wanted to be police officers to have authority but were rejected and wish to get revenge on online forums.

I do manage a few large forums and have managed to maintain them quite respectful without all the bans and constant warnings. (Of course they are required from time to time but not in all cases)

There was a time when you would write a post here and there were 10-15 replies within minutes. Now it sometimes takes days... while the game has gone more inactive it's also because many of the active users boycott this forum community.

More authority to ombudsman I'd say. And stop hiring mods that have been guilty of personally insulting and harassing members of this community, even outside the game.

That being said many of the mods are doing an outstanding job so don't all assume I'm talking about you.

-KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Psyko
The Irresistible

Kjarkur wrote:You(forum staff) have a tendency to "over-mod"- Instead of sending verbal warning and maybe asking users to meet them halfway there. It's always "warning I'm gonna ban you as soon as possible"

I don't agree with micro management.

I do realize you wish to keep this forums suitable for all age groups. You can do that without all the mods that act as if they wanted to be police officers to have authority but were rejected and wish to get revenge on online forums.

I do manage a few large forums and have managed to maintain them quite respectful without all the bans and constant warnings. (Of course they are required from time to time but not in all cases)

There was a time when you would write a post here and there were 10-15 replies within minutes. Now it sometimes takes days... while the game has gone more inactive it's also because many of the active users boycott this forum community.

More authority to ombudsman I'd say. And stop hiring mods that have been guilty of personally insulting and harassing members of this community, even outside the game.

That being said many of the mods are doing an outstanding job so don't all assume I'm talking about you.

-KJ

Overall, I agree with you completely. I would like to see verbal warnings used more frequently. A Mod should not be quick to judge when they witness a user break a rule, and they should also take a close look at the dates of past indiscretions in the user notes before deciding how to respond to the post at hand.

I would like to focus on making this a community once more; free from feeling the need to boycott. To do that, we have to slacken up the rules on spam/off-topic posts a little, and allow users to interact with one another in a conversational manner.

In General and the GC, I am essentially an acting Ombudsman with more power than the recent Ombs position held. Having control over who Mods my section should help limit the hiring of Mods (to this section, at least) who have a volatile nature.

Thank you for your post. I would love to hear more about how you have maintained the large forums you referred to and any rule differences they may have had. Perhaps via PM?

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

Agreed,

I will write you a PM in the next couple of days with all the details. I do hope it will help.

-KJ
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I suggest you close everything down except the market section. ;)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Discussing about modding in general split to viewtopic.php?f=128&t=196440

It'd be good if ppl stay out of this thread if they're going to be aggresive and pratonrising. This thread's for users to post their suggestions and for Psyko to reply. It's not for ppl to badger other ppl when they come to this thread to speak their mind.
It's a safe space and not a place where users're to get attacked when they post.

If you want discussion go to Forum and Mod Feedback. This place is only for users, Psyko, and General Mods.

Posts about modding in general should be in Forum and Mod Feedback, posts about modding in General can be in this thread.

Thanks Clegane

Clegane is entirely right. If anyone has any questions about this, PM me. ~Psyko
killtacular
Forum Addict

I don't know if this goes here but there are alot of games on facebook these days and wondered if anyone thought about adding this game on there? If at all possible. I don't know the cost of using or advertising on facebook but its gotta be a great way to get more involved with the game.
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

killtacular wrote:I don't know if this goes here but there are alot of games on facebook these days and wondered if anyone thought about adding this game on there? If at all possible. I don't know the cost of using or advertising on facebook but its gotta be a great way to get more involved with the game.

From what I understand the game can be logged into from facebook. I have never tried so I could not tell you. So, with that said, it is being advertised on facebook.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Tetrismonkey wrote:
killtacular wrote:I don't know if this goes here but there are alot of games on facebook these days and wondered if anyone thought about adding this game on there? If at all possible. I don't know the cost of using or advertising on facebook but its gotta be a great way to get more involved with the game.
From what I understand the game can be logged into from facebook. I have never tried so I could not tell you. So, with that said, it is being advertised on facebook.
That is only true for NG. :)
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village

Juliette wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:
That is only true for NG. :)

I stand corrected then. Thank you for clarifying that.
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

So with Gregor Clegane, there, in this thread and in general.

Not that I cannot be aggressive and arrogant all on my own.

If we want people to use the forum, to be part of the community, then the established culture of flooding, trolling and disparaging new people is an obstacle.
Cascading quotes, huge .sig's twenty, one line, in-jokes? These all make even the best intended threads virtually unreadable.

Not exactly a mod's job to comment on style? For everyone who posts, there are many who do not dare.
If we do not want just the usual suspects and a few brave souls? If we want the forums to be a valuable source of information for new players, not the playground of a small handful?

I suggest we all individually think deeply about how we can build the forum we want.
In my dream world, MOD's (And all concerned players) add a line here and there, encouraging and shaping, only pulling out their power when nothing else works.
NanoStarry
Forum Grunt

Can I ask why General has 12 stickied threads? That's a lot, and I doubt most of our users read them.
passing from mind to magic... the fantasy of your heart...
Psyko
The Irresistible

NanoStarry wrote:Can I ask why General has 12 stickied threads? That's a lot, and I doubt most of our users read them.

Good question. They have remained stickied for the purpose of easily being found by users. If there is a logical reason any of them should be unstickied, I am always willing to consider a change.

~Psyko
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
eathen
Forum Newbie

the PMs should be archived much like gmail is because it is very difficult keeping a conversation going when there is no written record of what you said, only what the other person says.
teesdale
Forum Addict
Alliance: URURUR Alliance™
Race: EADC™
ID: 1992895
Alternate name(s): Teesdale, Teesfail, je peder, Tees, jake, one of Harchesters multis, GOD and Probably Reborn

if you use the 'reply' button instead of starting a new message each time it comes up like a thread more or less and you can just scroll down over the enitre converstation

moments of epic proportions:
Spoiler
[5:26:57 AM ] josh: 30% of 100 is 33.3333333333333
[5:27:11 AM] Jake/Tees: LOL
[5:27:23 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to pretend you didnt say that
[5:27:29 AM] Jake/Tees: actually no
[5:27:33 AM] Jake/Tees: im going to sig it
[5:27:49 AM] Jake/Tees: now think cafefully
[5:27:49 AM] josh: w8
[5:27:53 AM] josh: i meant 100
[5:28:04 AM] josh: sorted
[5:28:07 AM] josh: **Filtered** u :D
[5:28:09 AM] Jake/Tees: if 30% of 100
[5:28:11 AM] Jake/Tees: is 33.3333333
[5:28:13 AM] Jake/Tees: then tell me
[5:28:17 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33%?
[5:28:19 AM] josh: yeah i knew what i ment in my head :D
[5:28:30 AM] Jake/Tees: did you?
[5:28:34 AM] josh: w8
[5:28:37 AM] Jake/Tees: whats 33% josh???
[5:28:43 AM] josh: now thats 33,3333
[5:28:46 AM] Jake/Tees: :D
[5:28:48 AM] Jake/Tees: idiot
[5:28:48 AM] josh: ok
[5:28:50 AM] josh: i give in
[5:29:01 AM] josh: **Filtered**

[9:42:59 PM] robert: look my race :P
[9:43:09 PM] robert: zombie will not come here
[9:43:51 PM] josh: ah no brains
[9:44:04 PM] josh: bit harsh on yourself rob

[11:56:17 PM] Duderanch: KOS [ TÅTS - KOS it IS]
[12:03:49 AM] Duderanch: Someone is scraping the bottom of the barrel
[12:03:59 AM] Duderanch: just cant decide if it's kos or taf

[4:13:09 AM] Cersei Lannister - (Juliette): It's sad to see how many people here (in NL) are starting to use Arabic words for **Filtered**.
[4:13:54 AM] HiMyNameIs Martin: So then getting stoned in the NL may take on another meaning (worry)
~Tziki~ wrote:my ass is busy :'(
You are as peaceful as a nox kitten. Disgraceful.
reborn wrote: You think u can see scripting from spying. Is the demi u have this?

Dr Mariaelena Punicelle (Tier 4)

Skill level: Out of this world

Ability:
Increased able to detect scripts --4.41%
Decreased intelligence if you think the top ability works --99.98%

Return to “General/Battle/FAQ”