Tau'ri
Alliance: Tel Arak Hader
Race: Telian
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): President Ajaara - Main
Yara - Ascended

*resolved* APP

Convert Your Ascended Power Points (AP) into Turns
NOTE: Your APP will automatically convert to Life force every turn change. This turn change you will gain roughly a maximum of 12,426,324,253 Life force. The 'exchange rate' is 724,137 life force for each 1 Ascension power point.
Converting to turns will use ALL of your APP, you have been warned, you will also need a minimum of 38,304 AP to convert, fear not though your Ascension Points will stop automatically converting before this number.
This turn change you will gain approximately 38 AP 2,805,286,462 (38,304 of which will not be converted) Ascension Points Available, this will eventually return 2,031,384,920,472,365 Ascended Life Force UNLESS you wish to convert all AP to turns by clicking the button, over there.

Okayy it's been growing steadily and now i have almost 3 billion ascension points but none of them ever convert to life force, i sat through and waited 30 minutes once and i never gain anywhere near "12,426,324,253 Life force" and my APPs just keep growing to ridiculous levels that ill apparently never spend
how do you increase the rate of conversion or whatever? is this just a measurement of energy flow / energy channeling now? ascending seems to do like nothing to my ascended account now, i don't understand this change and there seems to be no information about it anywhere, not even in the change log
Support
Site Admin
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Re: APP

Moved. This is a bug.

Investigating.
Support
Site Admin

Re: *active* APP

Fixed.
Automatic conversion of Ascension Power Points (APP) to Life Force Cache (LFC) has resumed normal function as of 2 hours ago.

Thank you for reporting this, Elysia.

Addendum:
Some general notes on APP and Conversion, information for information's sake. :D

Acquisition:
  • All players earn a small amount of APP per turn
  • Ascensions done on your associated GateWars: Main account provide larger boosts to APP (relative to the scale of your ascension)
Two Types of Conversion:
  1. APP can be manually converted into a refill of your Attack Turns (AT) - one manual conversion will convert ALL available APP to up to 4,000 AT.
  2. APP over the limit is automatically converted into Life Force Cache, not Life Force (so conversion is not a way to be automatically undescendable)
    The rate of automatic APP conversion is relative to your planet size - meaning that the more planets you have, the more APP you convert IF you have any available (to balance with -generally associated- higher costs for everything)
Limits:
  • APP is converted automatically until it reaches ~38k, at which point automatic conversion stops
  • Manual conversion (APP to Turns) will set your APP to 0, and require you have at least ~38k APP available

There is no way for players to manually convert their APP into Life Force, Life Force Reserves or Life Force Cache.
If you press a button to convert your APP, you will convert to Attack Turns.
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

Support wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:28 pm Fixed.
Automatic conversion of Ascension Power Points (APP) to Life Force Cache (LFC) has resumed normal function as of 2 hours ago.

Thank you for reporting this, Elysia.

Addendum:
Some general notes on APP and Conversion, information for information's sake. :D

Acquisition:
  • All players earn a small amount of APP per turn
  • Ascensions done on your associated GateWars: Main account provide larger boosts to APP (relative to the scale of your ascension)
Two Types of Conversion:
  1. APP can be manually converted into a refill of your Attack Turns (AT) - one manual conversion will convert ALL available APP to up to 4,000 AT.
  2. APP over the limit is automatically converted into Life Force Cache, not Life Force (so conversion is not a way to be automatically undescendable)
    The rate of automatic APP conversion is relative to your planet size - meaning that the more planets you have, the more APP you convert IF you have any available (to balance with -generally associated- higher costs for everything)
Limits:
  • APP is converted automatically until it reaches ~38k, at which point automatic conversion stops
  • Manual conversion (APP to Turns) will set your APP to 0, and require you have at least ~38k APP available

There is no way for players to manually convert their APP into Life Force, Life Force Reserves or Life Force Cache.
If you press a button to convert your APP, you will convert to Attack Turns.
There have been rumours of a update/new feature regarding APP, is there any truth in the rumours ?
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
Elysia
Tau'ri
Alliance: Tel Arak Hader
Race: Telian
Alternate name(s): President Ajaara - Main
Yara - Ascended

Re: *resolved* APP

Convert Your Ascended Power Points (AP) into Turns
NOTE: Your APP will automatically convert to Life force every turn change. This turn change you will gain roughly a maximum of 12,472,637,715 Life force. The 'exchange rate' is 724,473 life force for each 1 Ascension power point.
Converting to turns will use ALL of your APP, you have been warned, you will also need a minimum of 38,304 AP to convert, fear not though your Ascension Points will stop automatically converting before this number.
This turn change you will gain approximately 38 AP 2,817,206,169 (38,304 of which will not be converted) Ascension Points Available, this will eventually return 2,040,961,115,604,190 Ascended Life Force UNLESS you wish to convert all AP to turns by clicking the button, over there.

Has since kept growing, I haven't ascended since posting and yet this "38 ap per turn" gained me a few million points since i reported this? At this rate apparently I have infinite ascension power points.
Why did you eliminate the old ap to life force conversion? This system seems unnecessarily complicated and buggy.
Support
Site Admin

No, there have been no significant changes to this since Sol implemented it - iirc some 5 years ago, give or take.
Dark Lord Tacoma wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:23 am There have been rumours of a update/new feature regarding APP, is there any truth in the rumours ?

Incorrect observation, but understandable. The amount gained reflects the hours between your report and the fix being implemented. Ever since, your APP has been steadily decreasing at a rate of ~17k per turn. (your conversion limit (~12B/turn) / exchange limit (~720k LF/1 APP) = ~17k APP/turn converted)
Elysia wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:11 am Has since kept growing, I haven't ascended since posting and yet this "38 ap per turn" gained me a few million points since i reported this? At this rate apparently I have infinite ascension power points.
As above, this system has been in place for ~5 years. The reported failure is recent, and fixed, according to the logs.
Elysia wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:11 am Why did you eliminate the old ap to life force conversion? This system seems unnecessarily complicated and buggy.

Return to “Ascended Bugs Archive”