jun 18th bugs *FIXED*

~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

jun 18th bugs *FIXED*

set war with a couple of people yesterday but refreshing they were still set as neutral

looking for people names in ranks also didn't go back to the list of names when one of them was spied but back to normal ranks
Last edited by Support on Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated title to reflect status.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
~nyx~
Forum Expert

Re: jun 18th bugs

also opening a new tab to attack causes the use webpage error message to keep popping up
― Søren Kierkegaard

Support
Site Admin
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Juliette

Patched x2.
~NyX~ wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:03 am set war with a couple of people yesterday but refreshing they were still set as neutral
~NyX~ wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:18 am also opening a new tab to attack causes the use webpage error message to keep popping up

Unsure what the issue is here, going back to a filtered overview of the ranking after interacting with another realm is not an existing feature, so not being able to is not a bug.
Spying leads to the Spy Log, which gives you the option to either 'Repeat' the same action, or select a new action against the same target, through use of the 'Again' button. (If you're requesting this as a new feature, that is fine, it does have definite merit.)
~NyX~ wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:03 am looking for people names in ranks also didn't go back to the list of names when one of them was spied but back to normal ranks
Support
Site Admin

Liked this suggestion.. implemented. Please report if anything is awry.

Support wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:05 pm Unsure what the issue is here, going back to a filtered overview of the ranking after interacting with another realm is not an existing feature, so not being able to is not a bug.
Spying leads to the Spy Log, which gives you the option to either 'Repeat' the same action, or select a new action against the same target, through use of the 'Again' button. (If you're requesting this as a new feature, that is fine, it does have definite merit.)
~NyX~ wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:03 am looking for people names in ranks also didn't go back to the list of names when one of them was spied but back to normal ranks
~nyx~
Forum Expert

Support wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:05 pm Patched x2.
~NyX~ wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:03 am set war with a couple of people yesterday but refreshing they were still set as neutral
~NyX~ wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:18 am also opening a new tab to attack causes the use webpage error message to keep popping up

Unsure what the issue is here, going back to a filtered overview of the ranking after interacting with another realm is not an existing feature, so not being able to is not a bug.

no it used to be you could creat a spy list based on a name,
eg search for jack and get
jack1
jack sprat
jack and the bean stalk

then by hitting on one of the names you could spy that one person
after you hit back and it would take you to the list of all the jacks again
now it takes you back to normal list not the name list

the change relationship feature was not working
I declare war on someone but it stays as neutral,
the 24hr warning thing still crops up but relationship stays the same,
ie adding a new farm to my war setting list,
― Søren Kierkegaard

Support
Site Admin

I have no idea what you mean by a 'spy list' (can you do a screenshot?)
However, as per the above post, implemented the following: The ranking ('Cosmos') now permits you to search, attack/spy and return to the results of your search without causing the 'form submission' warning.

Furthermore, as I said here, relationship settings and 'use the webpage form' when opening an attack tab have been patched. :)
Are you saying you still have these issues? If that is the case, please share which address you use to access the server, as the Live server does no longer have these bugs.
~nyx~
Forum Expert

a spy list is a list of names the search by name function returns

in past, I'd type in name and list of all the names that fitted that search would pop up.
I'd pick out one to actually spy.
spy them then hit return and it would take me back to all the names in that search
now hit return takes me back to normal ranks
(seems to be working again)

relationships seems ok now, wasn't earlier
― Søren Kierkegaard

Support
Site Admin

Thank you! :D New jargon eludes me, thanks for clarifying.
~NyX~ wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 am a spy list is a list of names the search by name function returns

Indeed. There is nothing in the code that suggests that would have worked - but modern browsers are a bit more strict about form submission, strict SSL and other functions. As mentioned, implemented a durable fix.
Patched relationships display ~25 hours ago. Good to hear you confirm it is fixed, thanks! :smt023
~NyX~ wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:53 am in past, I'd type in name and list of all the names that fitted that search would pop up.
I'd pick out one to actually spy.
spy them then hit return and it would take me back to all the names in that search
now hit return takes me back to normal ranks
(seems to be working again)

relationships seems ok now, wasn't earlier
reborn
Forum Elite

Imma guess it has somethign to do with some update around this date so just goign to add it in here.

Noticed when attacking, the repeat attack button no longer gives a count down to next hit always read at 0. But also takes you to another page were you have to choose your next attack. And if that timer is still not up it takes you to the same page again.

Was very annoying in arena kept having to go back and spam attack button instead of w8ing to see with timer.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
~nyx~
Forum Expert

reborn wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:17 am Imma guess it has somethign to do with some update around this date so just goign to add it in here.

Noticed when attacking, the repeat attack button no longer gives a count down to next hit always read at 0. But also takes you to another page were you have to choose your next attack. And if that timer is still not up it takes you to the same page again.

Was very annoying in arena kept having to go back and spam attack button instead of w8ing to see with timer.
yh that too, though in your case it didn't seem to slow you down any :)
― Søren Kierkegaard

reborn
Forum Elite

~NyX~ wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:45 am
reborn wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:17 am Imma guess it has somethign to do with some update around this date so just goign to add it in here.

yh that too, though in your case it didn't seem to slow you down any :)
Ofc not adapt and over come :smt047
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Return to “Ascended Bugs Archive”