been robbed plz help

list of users that, due to poor behaviour, not fulfilling deals, or otherwise, are banned from trading....
DO NOT trade with these people, else you will lose what you give!

Moderator: Market Mods

Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: been robbed plz help

hypes wrote:
Noobert wrote:I still think that people who scam should be banned from the game and forum, I don't care if it's not against the rules. Ripping somebody off for their hard earned UU just ain't right.

If you need any help mate, ever, don't be afraid to ask.

thanx mate..at least theres still a few good oldtimers floating around here!

hey yno whats funny mate........he said he was your cousin!!!

@clarkey....so basically your telling me that scamming is allowed to happen by admins rules?

Yes because it is too difficult for scamming to be proven. Also scammed resources are likely to get spread about normally by the scammer selling them on and makes it even more difficult for resources to be taken away and returned to their rightful owners.
Image ImageImageImage
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Forum rules

NOTE: Kingdom Games, StarGateWars, the forum admin, the game admin, TAKE ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR CURRENCY TRADES outside of the game itself. We simply cannot monitor/validate/track/prove/disprove/confirm or deny the details, or if they happened.
Many are scams - and just because they are here, or are by recognizable players/people, does not change this.
IF YOU TRADE FOR REAL CURRENCY, AND GET SCAMMED OR DONT GET WHAT YOU THOUGHT YOU SHOULD, WE CANNOT DO ANYTHING TO HELP YOU, so do not even ask...The answer is "Sorry. We cannot help you. You just lost your money."

Admin's stance on the matter has been always pretty clear.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
hypes
Forum Grunt

yes but all that mentions is real money...this is ingame resources!!
he has basically admitted he stole my uu but wont scam for dollars ...apparently
if admin knows he is scamming why isnt he deleted?
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Clarkey wrote:
hypes wrote:
Noobert wrote:I still think that people who scam should be banned from the game and forum, I don't care if it's not against the rules. Ripping somebody off for their hard earned UU just ain't right.

If you need any help mate, ever, don't be afraid to ask.

thanx mate..at least theres still a few good oldtimers floating around here!

hey yno whats funny mate........he said he was your cousin!!!

@clarkey....so basically your telling me that scamming is allowed to happen by admins rules?

Yes because it is too difficult for scamming to be proven. Also scammed resources are likely to get spread about normally by the scammer selling them on and makes it even more difficult for resources to be taken away and returned to their rightful owners.
Image ImageImageImage
hypes
Forum Grunt

i see what your saying clarkey..but....
he was sat in the open last night with 150mil army....i sent admin an email straight away and posted on here straight away...that account could have easily been ostrasized until things were sorted out...i have seen loads of different posts now about pure chaos but still his account remains...

i mean wft ..it doesnt take a genious to work out whats going on

but maybe admin do not care for its loyal players there just here for the money thats made

i reckon this game wont be around for that much longer if people continue to get away with things like this....alot of people will be leaving
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

hypes wrote:i see what your saying clarkey..but....
he was sat in the open last night with 150mil army....i sent admin an email straight away and posted on here straight away...that account could have easily been ostrasized until things were sorted out...i have seen loads of different posts now about pure chaos but still his account remains...

i mean wft ..it doesnt take a genious to work out whats going on

but maybe admin do not care for its loyal players there just here for the money thats made

i reckon this game wont be around for that much longer if people continue to get away with things like this....alot of people will be leaving

Scammers and cheaters can be VERY convincing if they want to be. They can be VERY smart if they want to be.
If admin got involved then it would come down to your word against theirs.

Take this for example (yes I know there's a note attached on the end of it, but lets leave that out for now).
HYPES Pure Chaos 80,000,000 Untrained 1 Naquadah 13:32 Completed. for kazzamAG account thanx

He could easily claim that you were giving him that 80m uu because you decided to leave, but now you have changed your mind and you want it back and now you are claiming scammer.

Don't get me wrong, I feel for you mate and I know who the scammer is here, but can you see what I'm getting at? It's your word against theirs, and it can be very difficult to determine who is telling the truth and who is not.

Oh and scamming has been going on for years, yes people have left because of it, but considering how many players there are in the game that is a drop in the ocean.

Sorry to be so blunt about it.
Image ImageImageImage
hypes
Forum Grunt

well i may aswell forget about it coz like you say..nothing can or will be done about it!

as for the amount of people playing these days
id say it has dropped a hell of alot...yeh there is a lot of accounts there but look how many of them are just unascended failures and inactive farms and lets not forget how many inactive multi accounts there are out there!

well anyway thanx for tryna help....
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Is it legit to scam a scammer?
I think someone did it in past with a famous scammer, just for the lolz (and for ingame ressources).
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

LegendaryApophis wrote:Is it legit to scam a scammer?
I think someone did it in past with a famous scammer, just for the lolz (and for ingame ressources).

Mate if it's deemed legit for a scammer to scam then clearly it is legit for someone to scam a scammer.
The only downside to it is that they may then be seen as untrustworthy in some eyes.
Image ImageImageImage
drakeboy
Fledgling Forumer

Infinity
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Endgame

I got a PM today :-D

Your scammer's ID!

Found him:
http://www.stargatewars.com/stats.php?id=1921633

When i catch him off ppt he can say goodbye to his stats 8)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

iNFiNiTY wrote:I got a PM today :-D

Your scammer's ID!

Found him:
http://www.stargatewars.com/stats.php?id=1921633

When i catch him off ppt he can say goodbye to his stats 8)

That was widely known already. :roll:
Image ImageImageImage
schuesseled
Forum Expert
ID: 33241

Scamming isnt against game rules, its a valid tactic and morally equally as bad as the many other things that go on in SGW which most people consider cosure and part of the game.

I have given a couple of ideas about preventing scamming around

Good traders list (not much better than trade feedback but as its moderated it will be somewhat harder to manipulate as a scammer.

Middle Man, either by Admin, as he has the god given ability to take what he wants, if someone takes $50 from him and tries to not give him the uu then they will be out of luck, and vise versa, or by a respected member of the community, again not 100% trustworthy, he may become a scammer

And how to avoid getting into a situation altogether, the most simple advice yet hardest to obtain, is never send first. I never do, I never get scammed.

If you or anyone else would like a middle man service I could do this. The only problem with Middle Men is their cut, well id only take say a 1% cut for my fee, but paypal on the other hand is not so generous and with 2x the number of transfers his cut doubles. (10% roughly of the total trade price) But if anyone is happy to pay that as they think their trading partner is dodgey then fair enough. Id be abliged to help, just get in touch.

12agnar0k.
12agnar0k be taking over this here account, argh!

~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

oh look an unlocked thread :d

but I do like the suggestions made above, I don't know why scammers aren't deleted and banned. Gone, sure they will probably resurface ie Beci/~orphy but make it a bit more painful for them each time they do.

perhaps a star rating like ebay has too?

Actually don't the consumer laws of the country of buyer overcede the games rules? Not 100% sure on that one, my consumer law knowledge is a little rusty atm.
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Scammers aren't deleted because it's not against the rules to scam people for resources. Why is it worse to trick someone into giving you there resources than it is to steal them?
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q

Return to “The Black Listed Traders”