BAD new update? (unclear, at the very least)

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Re: *VERY BAD* new update

Duderanch wrote:
Cole wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Cole wrote:Means now you don't have to log in to prevent yourself to be descended, you just have to build repulsion. Favor the lazy, punish the working.
You have to "work" to get your repulsion level high enough to not bother logging in. I doubt it will kill activity on the server.

It's an obvious dig at people practicing descensions. It's obviously far easier to build ONE level rather than the lot of defended levels. Well the others still need to, but now one level will be the absolute defence.

Also, it goes indeed go down to 1 LF whether it touches reserves or not. So what the hell does this update mean? :neutral:

BAD update.

It's probably been brought in because of the 'blocking' in ascended (hitting someone with a big ToC so they can't use it for 3hrs).

Ya I would say thats the case. I think Ill put my account up for sale, these muther **Filtered** will all eat **Filtered** and die when I come back with an account 5x bigger than the biggest at that time.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: BAD new update? (unclear, at the very least)

If your account sucks and you attack someone whose account doesn't suck.. you should get descended.
Good update. Cheers, J.
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

Juliette wrote:If your account sucks and you attack someone whose account doesn't suck.. you should get descended.
Good update. Cheers, J.

i think the idea is very good, just don't fully understand how it works.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Juliette wrote:If your account sucks and you attack someone whose account doesn't suck.. you should get descended.
Good update. Cheers, J.

I believe people's gripe is that even if you have a good account and attack a good attack chances are you'll be descended. Especially now everyone will simply upgrade repulsion....
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

RepliMagni wrote:
Good update. Cheers, J.

I believe people's gripe is that even if you have a good account and attack a good attack chances are you'll be descended. Especially now everyone will simply upgrade repulsion....

My gripe isnt so that is the fact we are discussing things many in our own cells and out comes this **Filtered** out of the blue, because somebody cant stand being blocked. :roll:

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Who went crying to the admin? I've been working on my ToC for nothing? I don't like this, but I thought you might guess that from what I've just said. Did the people that suggest this never make an ascended attack? Then I could understand, because they might not get how easy it is to lose all of your life force, but if not... They must be some right **fools**.

**- self edited.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Good update. Cheers, J.

Bad update. It doesn't even say where the limit stops "some", that doesn't say anything. Worst update in ascended so far this year. (not that there have been that many lol)

I'll try to find a way to solve my inability to access irc server because it's like critical situation that I *must* be here to voice my utter disapproval with this update. Because the way it is now, is more than sucky account A trying to fight with decent/strong account B and losing battle with self descension...
Last edited by Cole on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Good update. Cheers, J.

this is how jason should have worded it. With a few minor, word changes of course, but I believe that is the essence to the update.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Good update. Cheers, J.

It does not work that way tho.

Deni
Cole
Forum History

If this update descends those that ascended-descension calculator says that "you cannot descend this target" (going after someone you mathematically cannot descend), then maybe...but I doubt it's only these cases. it seems likely to be LF+LF value in reserves. Kills the point to use attack force/skill levels, it's all about MNEC and repulsion now...
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

* Personal ascended attack -> if the attacker loses ALL their life force, and then some (where some = their life force), they descend themselves!! For 2 days....no kills awarded.

I think Jason used to refer to all lf as lf and lf reserves, so i think repli had it right in saying its lf and its equivalent in lf reserves. So if your lf was 212 mill it would take a repulsion of 424 mill TOC (killing all your lf and 212 mill in reserves) to descend you for two days.
A fair deal i would say.

You would have to be VERY stupid just to upgrade your repulsion level as well, Constitution costs the same and has an effect proportional to repulsion, not to mention absorption power and skill, except they are a little over half each. So effectively you would just need to beef up your beings defence.

Anyway at least planets produce a bit of income, as insignificant as it is.
Cole
Forum History

stuff of legends wrote:
* Personal ascended attack -> if the attacker loses ALL their life force, and then some (where some = their life force), they descend themselves!! For 2 days....no kills awarded.

I think Jason used to refer to all lf as lf and lf reserves, so i think repli had it right in saying its lf and its equivalent in lf reserves. So if your lf was 212 mill it would take a repulsion of 424 mill TOC (killing all your lf and 212 mill in reserves) to descend you for two days.
A fair deal i would say.

You would have to be VERY stupid just to upgrade your repulsion level as well, Constitution costs the same and has an effect proportional to repulsion, not to mention absorption power and skill, except they are a little over half each. So effectively you would just need to beef up your beings defence.

Anyway at least planets produce a bit of income, as insignificant as it is.

Descenders would need to upgrade their constitution to prevent to descend themselves if target was to have a great repulsion...my God this server is taking the wrong road again...well, not for the defenders, at least. Of course Constitution is important, but with this update repulsion becomes too important (the ratio of self descend is insane compared to amount needed to descend someone no matter their reserves/LF limit of 1/3)

A decent ratio would be full LF+LF*2 (reserves) or something like this to descend self...
GOLDEN WING
Wraith
Alliance: ~RiCoS_WÅrLoRdS~
Race: Heatwave

love it :-D :-D :-D
Golden's Trade feedback
13,340,362,434,249 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 720,000 of ??????'s Covert Ops!
20,630,871,718,938 power remaining, they manage to eliminate 2.970.149 of steeooo's Undercover Agents!
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

i would have to agree with you on the LF+LF*2. At least if thats the path i thought admin J took.
Last edited by stuff of legends on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Excuse my ignorance, but would someone not just have to build a high repulsion only to deter someone from attacking them, as the attacker's TOC would be greatly repulsed and they would descend themselves?

So if that's correct, it would seem to be that someone who just wanted to defend themselves from being descended could just build a high repulsion and not have to worry about it because no one would want to attack them directly.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”