BAD new update? (unclear, at the very least)

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Solid
Fledgling Forumer

Re: BAD new update? (unclear, at the very least)

the idea is ok, but i think the limit of lf lost before your descended is probably too low (perhaps triple your lifeforce is more appropriate or 2.5times) would require some testing to find the appropriate limit, although if noone has actually been descended yet it could be ok.

I would test it out but im not wasting all those turns now that we get 1 per turn :smt078
stuff of legends
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion

E.M.P. wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but would someone not just have to build a high repulsion only to deter someone from attacking them, as the attacker's TOC would be greatly repulsed and they would descend themselves?

Not so much, repulsion is added onto TOC, which is then cut down by the attacker with their defensive being.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

ha Good job jason, you just made me and about 30 other accounts untouchable again by everyone except maybe 1 account...

Good accounts used to be able to descend good accounts before.. it would just take 3 days..

Now if a 4b TOC with 850 levels or higher hits another 4b TOC with 850 defense levels or higher they get descended, even if it is only 2 days.

Great job, undescendable phrase now applies again.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

* Personal ascended attack -> if the attacker loses ALL their life force, and then some (where some = their life force), they descend themselves!! For 2 days....no kills awarded.

* Added a check on being to being attacks, to ensure total offensive capacity (TOC) is at least 5% of the target potential. Below this and you are not fit to battle them. At the very least this stops accidental self-descension.

The above 2 items were introduced (or reinstated actually, in a way) to stop attackers from tying up potential attackers with pointless/no chance of success battles. If you take on a monster, you may get eaten.

* Added a peronal log to record your godly thoughts and such.

* Undeveloped planets now produce minimal income (1% of an income production planet)

* Lower ranked players do not generate additional turns per turn. It was fun while it lasted
this last update from just a little while ago ...... just KILLED the game........no turns, no getting ahead, no building account, new players can not build

still testing about higher rankings so not all information is in yet

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Comador
Forum Irregular
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE

* Lower ranked players do not generate additional turns per turn. It was fun while it lasted

this last update from just a little while ago ...... just KILLED the game........no turns, no getting ahead, no building account, new players can not build

ONE TURN RANKED HIGH OR RANKED LOW
I AM

renegadze
Forum Elite

It's like admin took all the suggestions, mashed them all up, and came up with his own :-s

The suggestion was never to reduce turns people got, but to just not reward lower ranks more with turns, i.e make the turn generation same for all(as seems to be)....but more then 1 #-o
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Everyone who can come this afternoon or this evening on IRC, let's come there and show the big downside of those two updates...without turning it into a flamefest, obviously.

So if I get it right, now everyone earns same amount of GTs (way to make game more dynamic/active), added to the fact most of us despite decent/awesome accounts would still descend ourselves in a hit by hitting someone who has a good repulsion? How the heck will this raise activity and fun in ascended server????
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

I'm not gonna be there, but can you get him to reverse the updates? We need turns, and we need to be able to descend people. Otherwise he might as well just delete the server.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

RepliMagni wrote:I'm not gonna be there, but can you get him to reverse the updates? We need turns, and we need to be able to descend people. Otherwise he might as well just delete the server.

I cannot go in IRC (don't think I'll manage to bypass this), as apparently my internet provider doesn't recognize stargatewars servers' IPs and I cannot access IRC either by proxy or by using http://<IP>/<site>.com (which works for sgw and ascended and also quantum).
If I could go on IRC, I would be there every week. But I cannot go there anymore..
renegadze
Forum Elite

If I don't get there...can people just request......MORE

1) We need MORE turn per turn

2) We need untrained planets to produce MORE....not 1% try 10%

3) We need it to take MORE LF to descend yourself, maybe changed from LF+LF to LF+LF x 2
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Oh come on, the lower ranked not making more turns had to be done, ( and i dont even play ascension that much ) a good chunk of the top players exploited that feature like no tomorrow, go and mass or just farm everyone, untrain and sit in the low ranks to recover all the turns.

Admin cannot even make it related to armysize else that would be exploited too,

I guess Admin could make it that for the first

100 days you make 10 turns per turn
101-200 days you make 6 turns per turn
201-300 days you make 3 turns per turn
300+ your just like everyone else

That WOULD allow newer players to catch up by allowing them to farm more, and im sure no one will have an issue with that right, as well thats what the update was about right, allowing the "newer" players to catch up........
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

renegadze wrote:2) We need untrained planets to produce MORE....not 1% try 10%
I don't see what was wrong with untrained planets producing nothing. I don't think it should've been changed.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

GeneralChaos wrote:Oh come on, the lower ranked not making more turns had to be done, ( and i dont even play ascension that much ) a good chunk of the top players exploited that feature like no tomorrow, go and mass or just farm everyone, untrain and sit in the low ranks to recover all the turns.

Admin cannot even make it related to armysize else that would be exploited too,

I guess Admin could make it that for the first

100 days you make 10 turns per turn
101-200 days you make 6 turns per turn
201-300 days you make 3 turns per turn
300+ your just like everyone else

That WOULD allow newer players to catch up by allowing them to farm more, and im sure no one will have an issue with that right, as well thats what the update was about right, allowing the "newer" players to catch up........

The thing people are complaining about is 1 turn a turn it would take 7 hours to build up enough to farm someone.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

So then double it,

The problem with ascended is, it well cannot be fixed, its original idea was great, but as MAIN pulled away far faster than ascended, but admin is determined to keep it, i bet if it went to a public vote ingame, would you rather the ascended server was kept yes or no, im fairly sure it would come back with no,

Admin is stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to this problem if he makes it to easy to descend someone, then anyone who has 1 of the following.

School
Job
Kids
Social life
The need for sleep

Is pretty much screwed off the bat, sure there are some that seem to have no life what so ever and are able to log in at any hour of any day etc, but for the most part if he reduces the descension time most are affected and it makes it unfair, on the flipside to that if he makes it to long you only need to log in once maybe twice a day to stop such an attack.

Ascended is so far behind its not funny, admin should sink the final nail into that coffin and seperate the 2 servers, you can continue to ascend in main without the need to play in ascended full stop.

By doing so, it would allow him to run updates on both servers that would allow him to take the game into new directions, as it stands he cannot.

The simple fact that in main the average total up a day is probably between 300-800k ( i said average not top ) and the plague is at 540mill even if it was 1mill a day it would still take 18 months to hit plague, prob 2 years as it keeps growing.

In ascended the average growth per day has got to me well into the high 1bill+ range, some are probably x5 that, but the plague kicks in at what, 2 or 3 bill planets, seems stupid, its causing a bottle neck, you can hit the plague limit in ascended in a week, the plague in ascended needs to be set at about 30bill, THEN you will see alot more action.

I would still like to see the 2 servers separated completely.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM
ID: 1920808
Alternate name(s): *Het Licht Van Weleer - ID 1992112

So admin changed this after last meet.

However...

* Personal ascended attack -> if the attacker loses ALL their life force, and then some (where some = 2xtheir life force. so you need to lose all LF, all reserve AND 2xFL more to descend self.), they descend themselves!! For 2 days....no kills awarded.

According to me you were already descended when you lost LF + LF reserves. So why can we suddenly lose more when we attack ... :-k ?
Meh...

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”