BAD new update? (unclear, at the very least)

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

BAD new update? (unclear, at the very least)

Personal ascended attack -> if the attacker loses ALL their life force, and then some (where some = their life force), they descend themselves!! For 2 days....no kills awarded.

If I understand it well, it means that if I attack someone, inspite of them having lower levels than me (but their repulsion is decent enough to bounce some LF from my TOC) to make myself lose my LF down to zero and lose few reserves, but that all as me being the attacker, I will be descended for two days???? #-o #-o

I thought the last updates were meant to make descension LESS difficult and ascended more of a challenge requiring people to play and be active to be safe from descension. Not to favor that much the defender (if I understood it well). Just build a 900+ repulsion and you're safe from 90% of people. :roll:
Last edited by Cole on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: *VERY BAD* new update

I like it. :D
Image ImageImageImage
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Cole wrote:
Personal ascended attack -> if the attacker loses ALL their life force, and then some (where some = their life force), they descend themselves!! For 2 days....no kills awarded.

If I understand it well, it means that if I attack someone, inspite of them having lower levels than me (but their repulsion is decent enough to bounce some LF from my TOC) to make myself lose my LF down to zero and lose few reserves, but that all as me being the attacker, I will be descended for two days???? #-o #-o

I thought the last updates were meant to make descension LESS difficult and ascended more of a challenge requiring people to play and be active to be safe from descension. Not to favor that much the defender (if I understood it well). Just build a 900+ repulsion and you're safe from 90% of people. :roll:

I dont know if you remember but there was a point in time where you could de-ascend yourself if you hit the wrong person... its essentially that returned, but instead of being deascended for 14 days you are only for 2 days...
Cole
Forum History

Welcome back inactivity in ascended! =D> (when people are done building solely repulsion to prevent descension to become inactive right after their repulsion is big enough)

Talk about a challenge..
Last edited by Cole on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
renegadze
Forum Elite

erm does this mean all their LF including reserves? + their LF because you'd have to be pretty stupid to not refill after every hit (if you don't recover it naturally)
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Cole wrote:Welcome back inactivity in ascended! =D> :smt112
lol lets judge whether it will result in inactivity once it's been given a chance. If inactivity can be judge?

But still, i like it.

You try and descend me and get yourself descended in the process.... genius! =D>
Image ImageImageImage
Cole
Forum History

renegadze wrote:erm does this mean all their LF including reserves? + their LF because you'd have to be pretty stupid to not refill after every hit (if you don't recover it naturally)

I'm actually wondering that too...that's why I said "if I understand it well", as it's one of least clear updates so far in ascended.

You try and descend me and get yourself descended in the process.... genius!

Means now you don't have to log in to prevent yourself to be descended, you just have to build repulsion. Favor the lazy, punish the working.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Cole wrote:Means now you don't have to log in to prevent yourself to be descended, you just have to build repulsion. Favor the lazy, punish the working.
You have to "work" to get your repulsion level high enough to not bother logging in. I doubt it will kill activity on the server.
Image ImageImageImage
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

yh, had that happen yesterday.. tried a decend attack on someone to see what SoL was talking bout in his thread lost all but 1 Ascended Life force (didn't effect reserve) and that was just one hit. OUCHIES

Agree Jim. you shouldn't be able to be decendable in one hit ..by your own hand or by someone elses (my ToC btw is 1.8b)
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
renegadze
Forum Elite

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:yh, had that happen yesterday.. tried a decend attack on someone to see what SoL was talking bout in his thread lost all but 1 Ascended Life force (didn't effect reserve) and that was just one hit. OUCHIES

Agree Jim. you shouldn't be able to be decendable in one hit ..by your own hand or by someone elses (my ToC btw is 1.8b)

This has been the case for a while, I always go down to 1 LF, if either being hit or hitting, it's generally because your LF isn't that big (compared to our reserves)
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:yh, had that happen yesterday.. tried a decend attack on someone to see what SoL was talking bout in his thread lost all but 1 Ascended Life force (didn't effect reserve) and that was just one hit. OUCHIES

yea i don't quite understand it, i swear you always lose all your life force except 1 when you assault someone.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Cole
Forum History

Clarkey wrote:
Cole wrote:Means now you don't have to log in to prevent yourself to be descended, you just have to build repulsion. Favor the lazy, punish the working.
You have to "work" to get your repulsion level high enough to not bother logging in. I doubt it will kill activity on the server.

It's an obvious dig at people practicing descensions. It's obviously far easier to build ONE level rather than the lot of defended levels. Well the others still need to, but now one level will be the absolute defence.

Also, it goes indeed go down to 1 LF whether it touches reserves or not. So what the hell does this update mean? :neutral:

BAD update.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

will definately reduce activity imo. I'd understand the update if it helped noobs in some way, but it doesnt.
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Cole wrote:
Clarkey wrote:

It's an obvious dig at people practicing descensions. It's obviously far easier to build ONE level rather than the lot of defended levels. Well the others still need to, but now one level will be the absolute defence.

Also, it goes indeed go down to 1 LF whether it touches reserves or not. So what the hell does this update mean? :neutral:

BAD update.

It's probably been brought in because of the 'blocking' in ascended (hitting someone with a big ToC so they can't use it for 3hrs).
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Rocky wrote:

yea i don't quite understand it, i swear you always lose all your life force except 1 when you assault someone.

never noticed it on old acc..haven't done much decending with this one... it freaked the hell out of me.

Going to go try it on some innocent noob now

nope you dont :s :smt017
Last edited by ƒëmmë ƒatalë on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”