BAD new update? (unclear, at the very least)

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Re: *VERY BAD* new update

renegadze wrote:erm does this mean all their LF including reserves? + their LF because you'd have to be pretty stupid to not refill after every hit (if you don't recover it naturally)

UNLESS (I doubt it, never tried it or faced result so it's hypothetical at most) it's to deal with tiny TOC accounts used to "phase" their friends' account who would be attacked by someone able to descend said friends. Tiny hits medium to save from huge's attacks. Highly doubtful, and that would be the only reasonable appliance of said update.

Such as someone who has levels of <500, hitting someone around levels 700 to block him/her from being also targeted by someone with top 10 TOC who would go after the 700 levels person. Small TOC person losing big part of his/her reserves by doing so. If it concerns only LF "useable in battle", this is utter foolishness & death of descension!
renegadze
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Cole wrote:
renegadze wrote:erm does this mean all their LF including reserves? + their LF because you'd have to be pretty stupid to not refill after every hit (if you don't recover it naturally)

UNLESS (I doubt it, never tried it or faced result so it's hypothetical at most) it's to deal with tiny TOC accounts used to "phase" their friends' account who would be attacked by someone able to descend said friends. Tiny hits medium to save from huge's attacks. Highly doubtful, and that would be the only reasonable appliance of said update.

Such as someone who has levels of <500, hitting someone around levels 700 to block him/her from being also targeted by someone with top 10 TOC who would go after the 700 levels person. Small TOC person losing big part of his/her reserves by doing so. If it concerns only LF "useable in battle", this is utter foolishness & death of descension!

I think you're understanding is probably right, but it could have most certainly been explained better by admin.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Does it mean:
1) If you lose your LF and ALL your LF reserves hitting someone then you are descended? Cos if so, hasn't that always been the case?
2) If you lose your LF and the equivalent of your LF in reserves then you are descended? Cos if so, that's ridiculously easy to descend yourself by accident...
3) If you lose your LF and "some" as yet undefined amount of reserves then you are descended? Cos if so, then it may not make that much difference....

Personally I'm thinking its number 2, given the phrasing of the term "ALL their life force, and then some (where some = their life force)" - makes it look like if you lose your LF and that again worth of reserves then you are yourself descended.

If so, its plain daft and needs removing....
renegadze
Forum Elite

RepliMagni wrote:Does it mean:
1) If you lose your LF and ALL your LF reserves hitting someone then you are descended? Cos if so, hasn't that always been the case?
2) If you lose your LF and the equivalent of your LF in reserves then you are descended? Cos if so, that's ridiculously easy to descend yourself by accident...
3) If you lose your LF and "some" as yet undefined amount of reserves then you are descended? Cos if so, then it may not make that much difference....

Personally I'm thinking its number 2, given the phrasing of the term "ALL their life force, and then some (where some = their life force)" - makes it look like if you lose your LF and that again worth of reserves then you are yourself descended.

If so, its plain daft and needs removing....

If number 2 is right, then I'm pretty sure everyone would descend themselves in 1 hit lol especially the bigger TOC's
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Cole
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Legendary Apophis, Apophis The Great, Legendary

Re: BAD new update? (unclear, at the very least)

* Personal ascended attack -> if the attacker loses ALL their life force, and then some (where some = their life force), they descend themselves!! For 2 days....no kills awarded.
* Added a check on being to being attacks, to ensure total offensive capacity (TOC) is at least 5% of the target potential. Below this and you are not fit to battle them. At the very least this stops accidental self-descension.
The above 2 items were introduced (or reinstated actually, in a way) to stop attackers from tying up potential attackers with pointless/no chance of success battles. If you take on a monster, you may get eaten.
* Added a peronal log to record your godly thoughts and such.

Seriously people do that? :smt104 Looks like it must be people who are that small that they could descend themselves by hitting. :-k :smt017 So I was right with my kamikaze example? Hmmm...
Well I guess I should have considered this irrational factor.

The problem remains, what does "some" means there? As if there's a check for tiny vs huge, it means slightly higher than tiny can descend themselves...and to which extent, that I don't know.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Rocky wrote:
ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:yh, had that happen yesterday.. tried a decend attack on someone to see what SoL was talking bout in his thread lost all but 1 Ascended Life force (didn't effect reserve) and that was just one hit. OUCHIES

Agree Jim. you shouldn't be able to be decendable in one hit ..by your own hand or by someone elses (my ToC btw is 1.8b)

yea i don't quite understand it, i swear you always lose all your life force except 1 when you assault someone.

I always do Rocky *I is confused*
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Really unfair update. I realize people are upset about people blocking around the clock and while that seems to me to be a smart part of the game, I can understand why people don't appreciate it.

Anyway, if you want to make this fair, make it so there is no max limit on life force killed (like the 1/3 rule or whatever it is now for attacking someone), and then if their combined toc (reduced by your defenses) and whatever you throw at them repulsion-wise takes out all of their reserves and life force, they get descended. That should be enough.

This has just made any top account undescendable as well as many decent accounts.

Seriously though, why do we have to change the god damn rules every five seconds? Just because we see something happen ingame we don't like or that doesn't suit us? This game is fine. It was fine last year. It was fine the year before that. All that changing the rules every minute does is make the game easier for those with the resources to adapt to the changes and make smaller, weaker players have an even bigger disadvantage in catching up. It's like one of my alliance mates said..."well I could buy my next covert level now...or I'll wait to see if the game is still this way next month so I don't get screwed over again". It's really starting to piss me off.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
renegadze
Forum Elite

Mathlord wrote:Really unfair update. I realize people are upset about people blocking around the clock and while that seems to me to be a smart part of the game, I can understand why people don't appreciate it.

Anyway, if you want to make this fair, make it so there is no max limit on life force killed (like the 1/3 rule or whatever it is now for attacking someone), and then if their combined toc (reduced by your defenses) and whatever you throw at them repulsion-wise takes out all of their reserves and life force, they get descended. That should be enough.

This has just made any top account undescendable as well as many decent accounts.

Seriously though, why do we have to change the god damn rules every five seconds? Just because we see something happen ingame we don't like or that doesn't suit us? This game is fine. It was fine last year. It was fine the year before that. All that changing the rules every minute does is make the game easier for those with the resources to adapt to the changes and make smaller, weaker players have an even bigger disadvantage in catching up. It's like one of my alliance mates said..."well I could buy my next covert level now...or I'll wait to see if the game is still this way next month so I don't get screwed over again". It's really starting to piss me off.

I think you're reading the update a little differently to the rest of us...this update is mad for all, including this big accounts....I can tell you now, I lose more then double my LF hitting most people, especially if I hit another decent account. If we have read the update corerctly, I'd be descending myself unless I hit very small accounts with no repulsion
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

That's why I said this update has made all strong and many decent accounts undescendable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is the update everyone that asked for it wanted...although it did succeed in returning the game to undescendable land except by the very best with HUGE life force (as that is all that will save people I reckon and allow them to still descend at least most folks).

I'm just tired of the constant complaining and rererereredoing of updates that in general hurt far more than help me and my alliance.
Spoiler

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
Ashu
Michael Westen
Alliance: TAF
Race: Human
ID: 81691

Honours and Awards

Clarkey wrote:I like it. :D
Bias Admin colour
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Well the question comes down again to - why was this not discussed PRIOR to its release?

And also, can we get clarification on what "some" LF means?

Malx wrote:
Clarkey wrote:I like it. :D

Do either of you understand the update? Because if you do, please explain it to the rest of us. If not, how can you "like" it? :-"
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

On the update screen it says:

Personal ascended attack -> if the attacker loses ALL their life force, and then some (where some = their life force), they descend themselves!! For 2 days....no kills awarded.

That means that, for example, my life force is 191 mil. That's not great, but whatever, it's not terrible either. All that would have to happen for me to get descended is to be hit back with 382 mil attack by someone if I'm reading this right.

At the very least this will change the way people increase their toc's. Because of repulsion, people will focus on MNEC instead of attack levels so their toc's don't increase as much compared to their ability to block being descended each time they try to attack someone anywhere decent.
Spoiler

---
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah

Honours and Awards

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:
Going to go try it on some innocent noob now

But doesn't that include ALL your ascended kills already? Inactive noobs. lol
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
renegadze
Forum Elite

Mathlord wrote:On the update screen it says:

Personal ascended attack -> if the attacker loses ALL their life force, and then some (where some = their life force), they descend themselves!! For 2 days....no kills awarded.

That means that, for example, my life force is 191 mil. That's not great, but whatever, it's not terrible either. All that would have to happen for me to get descended is to be hit back with 382 mil attack by someone if I'm reading this right.

At the very least this will change the way people increase their toc's. Because of repulsion, people will focus on MNEC instead of attack levels so their toc's don't increase as much compared to their ability to block being descended each time they try to attack someone anywhere decent.

yeah but I have a "decent" TOC, and with this rule it means I came very close to descending myself today, if the opponent hit back with another 20mil LF, I'd have been toast
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Read my last line...this means people are going to have to reinvest their toc's in MNEC and not in attack levels. The goal now will be not to have a bigger toc (as much as possible), but to hold more life force to make it harder to kill yourself. It's just backwards.

But hey, at least noone is getting descended tonight :lol:
Spoiler

---

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”