Descending changes

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Re: Descending changes

xDaku wrote:For the record, I log in twice a day, both on main and ascended. Once from my cell during my break at work and then for a bit when I get home, then I sleep and go back to work. I play for about an hour a day, or two hours if I get lucky. I had even less time when I had my old account, and the ascended was bad when I first got it. Levels were around 500. I was descended within a week of joining FS with that account. I ignored my ascended still, got descended again. After the second descension, I brought my levels to 700+ in about a week or two I believe, and despite some attempts I wasn't descended.

It does NOT take too much effort to be safe in ascended. Ascended is NOT the reason we don't have new blood and people are leaving. People are leaving because of 1) The gap between cash spenders and f2p players, 2) Old school massing being practically non-existant now, and 3) Admin not willing to undo the updates.

The biggest problem is people realizing that they CANNOT compete with any of the "big players" unless they themselves start spending. You want new blood and people to stop leaving? Get all the big spenders together, try to get a pact to lower of not completely remove that, and you'll see an improvement in gameplay. That's not going to happen, so we might as well accept that this game, like all other games, will eventually die out and make the best with what we have.

No one's quit while I've been here because "I can be descended". They leave because of main. Fix the main server, then worry about the ascended.

This thread is about 1 aspect of the game so please dont play it off like its being singled out, because its not. All of it is tied together. AND you bought an account with a ready made ascended so your argument is kind of nullified as is mine if I were making a case for myself. But no matter, like Mezz says "LET IT ALL BURN", wait till you see our game :-D

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

I'm talking about my last account there JT. Read again. I agree, I got a ready made account now, and it works well. But even with my old account, with a week or two (I don't remember exactly how long it was...week and a half sound like a good compromise? :P) of farming on that server I became a little safer. Safe enough that I didn't have to worry too much atleast.

It's way more achievable than trying to compete in main atm. And the only reason I mentioned the other things was because saving the game was brought up in here ;) I believe, like you said, that it all ties together. Trying to debate about just one aspect won't solve the problem, or even help in any way.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

GeneralChaos wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:Dude, having to have a schedule whereas you have to log in a minimum of 9 hours is RETARDED

Having to have a schedule whereas you have to log in and PLAY..HAVE TO PLAY IT in a specific time frame is RETARDED

Wether it be farming for building or refilling for to block desc. its RETARDED for people to have to schedule their life to accomodate a game. ITS STUPID People are quitting because its a burden. NO NEW BLOOD LITHIUM, NO NEW BLOOD

This is very true, there is no new blood because people dont always have the time, the ascended server is a complete pain, and only ever and will only ever benefit a few people that play the game.

Iƒrit wrote:you can log in before leaving home. Get home and check, or stop somewhere in between like a library, or internet cafe, maybe you have a friend that has a phone he would let you use for 30 seconds. Or perhaps if you can't setup your time to fit your needs, you can go dormant (vacation) and come off on the weekends or a time which you have to play, until you develop stats to protect yourself.

This just wow, what a load of crap right there, clearly either you dont work or go to school, or you work or go to school and have access to a computer at any time of day, I log into ascended in the morning before i leave for work ( 6am ) when in work, even though i have my phone i cannot get access to the net due to where the building is and lack of 3G access, by the time i get out of work and get home it can be as late as ( 4pm ) so there a nice 10 hour window, i dont have access to a computer, internet cafe, library,

So in saying all that, why should i be forced to go onto vac mode in ascended because of my job, where you can just sit there all day and play huh, does that not make it completely unfair on me?

Fact is, people enjoy main for the most part, they dont enjoy ascended ( unless that small group again ) if admin is hell bent on continually making it harder for people who cannot get access to a computer all day because of there job/school/family life, he might aswell pull the plug on the entire game now, because as it stands,if they DONT play ascended they are at a disadvantage against everyone who does.

Maybe it is just time to sell up and quit, before being forced out the door.

GC i ve a lil question

How did u built your main account?
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Colos
The Ascended
Alliance: None
Race: Human

[spoiler]
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Colos wrote:I log in on ascended maybe in once a day, and farm like twice a month. And that has been the case for like 3-4 months. That said, my account is nowhere near a good one. Yet, no one can descend me in 9 hours. Maybe Robe could get me in 12 hours, but the rest of the server would have to keep hitting for almost a day straight.

AND I AM ALMOST TOTALLY INACTIVE!

So, to all of you, who know nuts about ascended but keep crying about newer and newer updates: quit whining and start farming!

Colos

Lets keep the whining comments out of posts in these threads please and post constructively, Thank you. The window is too tight for people that have school and jobs and most cannot access the net during their days and as already stated scheduling ones life around a game is retarded, It needs to be changed to accomidate the majority of the players not the select few that can do these things.

BTW 3 hit descension #4 last night.
[/spoiler]

I do not see how my comment was off-topic. A bit harsh, yes, but that's the fact: if you suck on ascended, then Descention is your ultimate price.

Also, this entire thread is a pointless mess, so most of the posts could easily be deemed as off-topic.

And I looked hard for your constructive posts, yet I found nothing but whining and flaming.

Colos

ps.: I stated in the mod forum that I will not mod this thread, so you can't call the Bias Crusade on me.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Colos wrote:I was a God, too.
Fixxed
~Coyle~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Doom
Race: Irish

Colos wrote:[spoiler]
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Colos wrote:I log in on ascended maybe in once a day, and farm like twice a month. And that has been the case for like 3-4 months. That said, my account is nowhere near a good one. Yet, no one can descend me in 9 hours. Maybe Robe could get me in 12 hours, but the rest of the server would have to keep hitting for almost a day straight.

So, to all of you, who know nuts about ascended but keep crying about newer and newer updates: quit whining and start farming!

Colos

Lets keep the whining comments out of posts in these threads please and post constructively, Thank you. The window is too tight for people that have school and jobs and most cannot access the net during their days and as already stated scheduling ones life around a game is retarded, It needs to be changed to accomidate the majority of the players not the select few that can do these things.

BTW 3 hit descension #4 last night.
[/spoiler]

I do not see how my comment was off-topic. A bit harsh, yes, but that's the fact: if you suck on ascended, then Descention is your ultimate price.

Also, this entire thread is a pointless mess, so most of the posts could easily be deemed as off-topic.

And I looked hard for your constructive posts, yet I found nothing but whining and flaming.

Colos

ps.: I stated in the mod forum that I will not mod this thread, so you can't call the Bias Crusade on me.

Nothing wrong with the deascension process, Leave it as it is, Colos said all that need to be said

...what makes you think Tom can't hurt you? Guy's a genius :P He's walking around, a free man, with over a hundred child molestation charges on him - Daku
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

So the topic here is "I cant access the game during the day so change it so I can't be descended during that time"?

Really?!?!

I work, I'll be back at university soon, and I hang out with friends occasionally. I can't always access main or ascension. But if I get hit/descended in that time, oh well, too bad for me.

To paraphrase what Rocky mentioned, it's just like getting massed in main. If you aren't online when someone is massing you, you can't take countermeasures. Defence 0'd. It should be the same with ascended. If you aren't online/active, you get descended. At least with ascended, you get a 9 hour "warning".

I don't see why the time to descend someone should be changed. Work for your account and it'll make it harder to get descended. Build your levels up and login regularly, or pay the price for your inactiveness. Or if you really need to, go on vacation mode.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Robe
Aussie Icon
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

pc wrote:If people are active and get on say 2 times per day and farm some...down the road they will have a good account.
Thats the way I did it.(I think anyway I have a good account...not great tho)

**extending the descend time to 24 hrs ...big no from me it would kill it for me.
One person simply can not descend many players anyways.I have had many failed attempts
The 1 turn per turn did kill off ascended for a day.

Colos

I agree with Pcarmy and Colos both of whom I have long respected as seasoned ascended players.

Furthermore, ascended is the ultimate catch up server unlike main.

If you are willing to put a small amount of effort into your account you can significantly reduce the risk of being descended.
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
ID: 6225

I didn't read past the first page so if I post something that was already covered, My apologies.

The current minimum hits required to descend someone is 4 hits. However, if the target you are descending has an inadequate Flow level in ratio to their Life Force then they can be descended in 3 hits. Meaning if their Life Force doesn't refill during the 3 hour break then their reserves wont see any recovery at all so the target can be descended in 3 hits due to maximum damage being caused.

Farm a little and people will be fine. You don't even have to do it once a day. A little farming done each week will get you out of the "4 hits and your descended" group.

I don't really come into the suggestions to much anymore. There's way to much drama.

The way I see it.. It's Admin Jason's game. If he likes a suggestion then he'll change it. If he doesn't then he wont. If the game dies well then it dies.

I doubt it matters to anyone but since the beginning of this month, July, over 100 people have ascended for the first time. Its the biggest boom of "first time ascenders" I've seen in awhile. And the numbers are continuing to rise. Currently at 10084. Personally I'd like to see people lend out a helping hand to those freshly ascended then bicker about past, current, and possible future updates.

Have a good week,
Angelis
~My 2 cents.

Image Image Image
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Angelis~ wrote:I didn't read past the first page so if I post something that was already covered, My apologies.

The current minimum hits required to descend someone is 4 hits. However, if the target you are descending has an inadequate Flow level in ratio to their Life Force then they can be descended in 3 hits. Meaning if their Life Force doesn't refill during the 3 hour break then their reserves wont see any recovery at all so the target can be descended in 3 hits due to maximum damage being caused.

Farm a little and people will be fine. You don't even have to do it once a day. A little farming done each week will get you out of the "4 hits and your descended" group.

I don't really come into the suggestions to much anymore. There's way to much drama.

The way I see it.. It's Admin Jason's game. If he likes a suggestion then he'll change it. If he doesn't then he wont. If the game dies well then it dies.

I doubt it matters to anyone but since the beginning of this month, July, over 100 people have ascended for the first time. Its the biggest boom of "first time ascenders" I've seen in awhile. And the numbers are continuing to rise. Currently at 10084. Personally I'd like to see people lend out a helping hand to those freshly ascended then bicker about past, current, and possible future updates.

Have a good week,
Angelis
~My 2 cents.

=D> +1

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Not to question your Data angelis.. but where did you get it? :P

If it is true though, that is indeed wonderful to hear. :) I've noticed a few new members on the forums as well that claimed to be "New players"

It brings me a little hope for a game I do enjoy. Not only that, it's summer which can always be a fairly slow time of the year for activity.. So whatever people are doing good work.There's still hope left for this game... I don't think it needs to come in the form of updates or changes to systems already present, it needs to come from the community making the game and these forums a more pleasant place to be. It's a hard road, and in the end it may be all for naught, but i'll cling to my faith.

aand so that i'm not completely offtopic to contribute to the topic.. I do not think the descension system needs to be changed.. I was somewhat opposed to the doubling of the TOC back when it happened.. so the only suggestion or tweak I could give to it is to perhaps turn it down so that it's more than what it was originally, but less than the double it is now.

As for linking PPT's or adding the option of PPT to ascended.. Very opposed. Ascended has always been a raw battleground with no safe places. If you want to stay safe, you work for your account. Bar none. It's been that way since it opened.. and that way it should stay.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
ID: 6225

I have an ascended list per say. When a new person ascends for the first time they get the highest number available. So if the highest was 9985 then the newest "Prior" would get 9986. I check the ids once a week. Usually its only a few people that are newly ascended per week maybe 2 or 3 sometimes none at all. One of the newly ascended however has a 4 digit main id... a little late to ascend lol unless of course then just came back to the game. Also quite a few of them are using names from people that played many years ago. Whether they are the original owners of those names or new players using them I cannot say.

Though I answered your question... this post is completely off topic. #-o

Image Image Image
Richard B Riddick
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM™
Race: Furyan
Alternate name(s): TheFlash4
The Balance of Judgement
Howling Mad Murdock
~Guerrero~

im all for linked ppt's, since 1 purpose of it is so you dont have to log in for 2 days, and i know someone is gonna say "oh just hit vac on ascended then" then you lose 30% income as well, and if you are ascending you lose 30% in stats making it harder to ascend, and if i remember correctly you have to not hit anybody for 24 hours in ascended before you can hit vac, so even if you have ample time to farm in ascended the day before you can't, just saying, a lot of people hit ppt in main for RL, and really, whats it gonna hurt to link that into ascended, and have it so that if you hit someone in ascended during that ppt, you lose ppt on ascended and can be hit again.

just a thought
Spoiler
Reborn wrote:On 3/3/14, at 12:17 PM, Reborn wrote:
> it is b/s though prep time is meant to b prep your accounts for war
On 3/3/14, at 12:18 PM, Reborn wrote:
> not hi "stick a thumb up your ass for 4 hrs and w8"
renegadze
Forum Elite

TheFlash4 wrote:im all for linked ppt's, since 1 purpose of it is so you dont have to log in for 2 days, and i know someone is gonna say "oh just hit vac on ascended then" then you lose 30% income as well, and if you are ascending you lose 30% in stats making it harder to ascend, and if i remember correctly you have to not hit anybody for 24 hours in ascended before you can hit vac, so even if you have ample time to farm in ascended the day before you can't, just saying, a lot of people hit ppt in main for RL, and really, whats it gonna hurt to link that into ascended, and have it so that if you hit someone in ascended during that ppt, you lose ppt on ascended and can be hit again.

just a thought

The thing is, people keep spouting the line "this is not what i signed up for". Well unless you brought your account and it was already ascended, then "What you signed up for" was an unascended account with no stat bonus. If people wish to have "what they signed up for" again, then the vac button is there to help. Everyone is complaining that they don't have time to login and it's so "unfair" yet I see no one complaining that they have been receiving their ascended bonus for such a long time.

If everyone is so intent in helping the new people out, then maybe give them some DMU...as a point to note, a newly ascended account with a 1 quad DMU infusion takes a minimum 4 hits to descend (if it is spent correctly). Yes I realise this is a lot for a VERY new player to farm, but it only equates to 2 tril naq in main on current prices.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
meatman
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TAAE

renegadze wrote:If everyone is so intent in helping the new people out, then maybe give them some DMU...as a point to note, a newly ascended account with a 1 quad DMU infusion takes a minimum 4 hits to descend (if it is spent correctly). Yes I realise this is a lot for a VERY new player to farm, but it only equates to 2 tril naq in main on current prices.

They have to catch up to 1/5 of your planet size first.
MSN: Meatman_matt@hotmail.co.uk

Be willing to take a stand, to take a terrible risk to do something truly admirable. To overcome the instinct of self preservation. To fight our fears.... And win.
To discover that we are not just merely a bundle of reflexes and conditioned responses, but we are thinking beings, able to chose the right over the easy, and justice over safety.
Stand up. Stand up! The time has come!
Robe
Aussie Icon
Race: Vampyre
ID: 14876

Honours and Awards

I know of many players that have significantly improved their ascended accounts in under 3-6 months by simply logging in and farming for 10 minutes a day.

Lets use Main as a baseline for comparison.
How long would it take to build a good account in main (with 23 Ascensions and Covert 38)?

It's considerably easier to build a good account in ascended than it is in main.
Ascended is the ultimate catch up server (unlike main).

This topic has already been discussed at length in multiple other threads including
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=180325 and
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=180376

The summary of suggestions is already pinned and summarised for Jason by mods at viewtopic.php?f=32&t=180589
Buck wrote:The Great and Complex GateWars Novel!
The Forces of Light... Robe, The Novels Main Protagonist, The Polar opposite of EtL... Or is she?
Are they that different? There battles have encompassed entire careers and lives within the game, the most bitter and epic of enemies, neither will leave while the other stands... the ultimate climax, will it ever come?
Who knows. One things for sure, the Freedom Fighter is in it for the long haul, its in her head now,
and she must save the world or die trying.
2011 Descensions
ImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
2010 Descensions
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”