Descending changes

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

Re: Descending changes

it takes 4 hits only when 1/3 of dmg is done and when that happens means that there is a huge difference between the two accounts. one has worked hard to be there the other not bothered for long time.
in main is the same , u have one of the top 10 accounts which in 5 mins can dust a medium one so between 12 hrs and 5 min what hurts more?
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Colos wrote:I log in on ascended maybe in once a day, and farm like twice a month. And that has been the case for like 3-4 months. That said, my account is nowhere near a good one. Yet, no one can descend me in 9 hours. Maybe Robe could get me in 12 hours, but the rest of the server would have to keep hitting for almost a day straight.

AND I AM ALMOST TOTALLY INACTIVE!

So, to all of you, who know nuts about ascended but keep crying about newer and newer updates: quit whining and start farming!

Colos

Lets keep the whining comments out of posts in these threads please and post constructively, Thank you. The window is too tight for people that have school and jobs and most cannot access the net during their days and as already stated scheduling ones life around a game is retarded, It needs to be changed to accomidate the majority of the players not the select few that can do these things.

BTW 3 hit descension #4 last night.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Jedi~Tank wrote:Dude, having to have a schedule whereas you have to log in a minimum of 9 hours is RETARDED

Having to have a schedule whereas you have to log in and PLAY..HAVE TO PLAY IT in a specific time frame is RETARDED

Wether it be farming for building or refilling for to block desc. its RETARDED for people to have to schedule their life to accomodate a game. ITS STUPID People are quitting because its a burden. NO NEW BLOOD LITHIUM, NO NEW BLOOD

This is very true, there is no new blood because people dont always have the time, the ascended server is a complete pain, and only ever and will only ever benefit a few people that play the game.

Iƒrit wrote:you can log in before leaving home. Get home and check, or stop somewhere in between like a library, or internet cafe, maybe you have a friend that has a phone he would let you use for 30 seconds. Or perhaps if you can't setup your time to fit your needs, you can go dormant (vacation) and come off on the weekends or a time which you have to play, until you develop stats to protect yourself.

This just wow, what a load of crap right there, clearly either you dont work or go to school, or you work or go to school and have access to a computer at any time of day, I log into ascended in the morning before i leave for work ( 6am ) when in work, even though i have my phone i cannot get access to the net due to where the building is and lack of 3G access, by the time i get out of work and get home it can be as late as ( 4pm ) so there a nice 10 hour window, i dont have access to a computer, internet cafe, library,

So in saying all that, why should i be forced to go onto vac mode in ascended because of my job, where you can just sit there all day and play huh, does that not make it completely unfair on me?

Fact is, people enjoy main for the most part, they dont enjoy ascended ( unless that small group again ) if admin is hell bent on continually making it harder for people who cannot get access to a computer all day because of there job/school/family life, he might aswell pull the plug on the entire game now, because as it stands,if they DONT play ascended they are at a disadvantage against everyone who does.

Maybe it is just time to sell up and quit, before being forced out the door.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

GeneralChaos wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:you can log in before leaving home. Get home and check, or stop somewhere in between like a library, or internet cafe, maybe you have a friend that has a phone he would let you use for 30 seconds. Or perhaps if you can't setup your time to fit your needs, you can go dormant (vacation) and come off on the weekends or a time which you have to play, until you develop stats to protect yourself.

This just wow, what a load of crap right there, clearly either you dont work or go to school, or you work or go to school and have access to a computer at any time of day, I log into ascended in the morning before i leave for work ( 6am ) when in work, even though i have my phone i cannot get access to the net due to where the building is and lack of 3G access, by the time i get out of work and get home it can be as late as ( 4pm ) so there a nice 10 hour window, i dont have access to a computer, internet cafe, library,

If you direct assault someone and refill before you log out in the morning, you can have a 12 hours window before you can be descended. That assuming your personals are not high enough to protect you from the total of 3, 5b ToCs. Again all 800s give you a 12 hour window, against a 5b ToC, without even hitting someone before you log. And chances are a descender is going to give up once you refill.

So in saying all that, why should i be forced to go onto vac mode in ascended because of my job, where you can just sit there all day and play huh, does that not make it completely unfair on me?

No I have work, and some schooling. I also enjoy the outside with my family/friends. But in all my 4 years of playing not one person has tried descending me.

Fact is, people enjoy main for the most part, they dont enjoy ascended ( unless that small group again ) if admin is hell bent on continually making it harder for people who cannot get access to a computer all day because of there job/school/family life, he might aswell pull the plug on the entire game now, because as it stands,if they DONT play ascended they are at a disadvantage against everyone who does.

removing descending should result in removing ascending. Also you do realize the attacker has to have access to a PC every 3 hours to do hits while trying to descend?
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Iƒrit wrote:
GeneralChaos wrote:

If you direct assault someone and refill before you log out in the morning, you can have a 12 hours window before you can be descended. That assuming your personals are not high enough to protect you from the total of 3, 5b ToCs. Again all 800s give you a 12 hour window, against a 5b ToC, without even hitting someone before you log. And chances are a descender is going to give up once you refill.

No I have work, and some schooling. I also enjoy the outside with my family/friends. But in all my 4 years of playing not one person has tried descending me.

removing descending should result in removing ascending. Also you do realize the attacker has to have access to a PC every 3 hours to do hits while trying to descend?

OKAY IFRIT, SO LETS EVERYBODY PATTERN THEIR LIFE AFTER YOURS, NOT. You are 1 person.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

The only reason anyone would have to "pattern their lives around the game" as you put it, is if they don't play the server AT ALL. Now whether you like the server or not, you're playing this game and that server comes with it. The idea that less activity should be rewarded is flawed in every sense. If main didn't have $$ spending, wouldn't the more active accounts have better accounts? Should those be limited too just to help out the less active players?

This is an MMORPG. Like every other MMORPG, activity is rewarded, and the ascended server reflects that better than the main.

If someone has a problem with being descended, take out half an hour of playing time on main and go farm on ascended a little. The reason people are so easily ascended now is not because the window is too small, but because they neglected their own. The active people shouldn't be punished because certain players were inactive.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

xDaku wrote:The only reason anyone would have to "pattern their lives around the game" as you put it, is if they don't play the server AT ALL. Now whether you like the server or not, you're playing this game and that server comes with it. The idea that less activity should be rewarded is flawed in every sense. If main didn't have $$ spending, wouldn't the more active accounts have better accounts? Should those be limited too just to help out the less active players?

This is an MMORPG. Like every other MMORPG, activity is rewarded, and the ascended server reflects that better than the main.

If someone has a problem with being descended, take out half an hour of playing time on main and go farm on ascended a little. The reason people are so easily ascended now is not because the window is too small, but because they neglected their own. The active people shouldn't be punished because certain players were inactive.

The game should be for ALL not just you few that dont have jobs and can log in every couple of hours, and I still dont think you all get it, NO NEW BLOOD you have to change because the end of it is near.

Deni
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

Jedi~Tank wrote:
xDaku wrote:The only reason anyone would have to "pattern their lives around the game" as you put it, is if they don't play the server AT ALL. Now whether you like the server or not, you're playing this game and that server comes with it. The idea that less activity should be rewarded is flawed in every sense. If main didn't have $$ spending, wouldn't the more active accounts have better accounts? Should those be limited too just to help out the less active players?

The game should be for ALL not just you few that dont have jobs and can log in every couple of hours, and I still dont think you all get it, NO NEW BLOOD you have to change because the end of it is near.

exactly so thoes that have to go to work should not be aloud to descend people ?? :smt104
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Dark Lord Tacoma wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

exactly so thoes that have to go to work should not be aloud to descend people ?? :smt104

NO NEW BLOOD you have to change because the end of it is near. ](*,)

Deni
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Dark Lord Tacoma wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

NO NEW BLOOD you have to change because the end of it is near. ](*,)

correct me if im wrong but new players are protected in ascended for 60-90 days from descention ?
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Jedi~Tank wrote:NO NEW BLOOD you have to change because the end of it is near.

You mean main then not ascended :-$
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Eärendil wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

So... No new mainlings = no new ascendinglings.

Exactly, start from the source.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

stuff of legends wrote:
Eärendil wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

By George I think he's got it ](*,)

Deni
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Jedi~Tank wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:
Eärendil wrote:
stuff of legends wrote:

By George I think he's got it ](*,)

But you don't still :smt018.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

For the record, I log in twice a day, both on main and ascended. Once from my cell during my break at work and then for a bit when I get home, then I sleep and go back to work. I play for about an hour a day, or two hours if I get lucky. I had even less time when I had my old account, and the ascended was bad when I first got it. Levels were around 500. I was descended within a week of joining FS with that account. I ignored my ascended still, got descended again. After the second descension, I brought my levels to 700+ in about a week or two I believe, and despite some attempts I wasn't descended.

It does NOT take too much effort to be safe in ascended. Ascended is NOT the reason we don't have new blood and people are leaving. People are leaving because of 1) The gap between cash spenders and f2p players, 2) Old school massing being practically non-existant now, and 3) Admin not willing to undo the updates.

The biggest problem is people realizing that they CANNOT compete with any of the "big players" unless they themselves start spending. You want new blood and people to stop leaving? Get all the big spenders together, try to get a pact to lower of not completely remove that, and you'll see an improvement in gameplay. That's not going to happen, so we might as well accept that this game, like all other games, will eventually die out and make the best with what we have.

No one's quit while I've been here because "I can be descended". They leave because of main. Fix the main server, then worry about the ascended.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161