Descending changes

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Re: Descending changes

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Lithium wrote:yeye talk to the mirror , the matter is if u dont pay attention to that server u risk yr bonus, 2 years ago ppl thought they were undescendable, untill toc 500m was proving them wrong , they rised lvls at cheap cost and were safe untill toc of today.

The point of this discussion, is not a matter of ignoring the server, the point is the time line to get descended it too tight for the majority of the players. The guidelines are set forth by an alliance mandated system, not for the betterment or ease or usefulness of the game. GOD DAM you want me to beat the point into your head with a stick? PAY ATTENTION.

actually if u look around inside the ascension suggestions u will find there was quiet a few players debating about descending 2-3 years ago, go poke around cause even Lore took part ;)
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

actually u dont understand a crap of that server , its not the time frame but the TOC power and the low activity of the victims.

shortly just for the records: toc has been doubled twice and activity of the asc server has been always in decrease due some mech broken long time ago makin it not that intresting for the majority , im leaving apart how RL hits playing two servers.
I was against TOC doubling as it was a fix not a solution of the long time issue there, anyway it went through and it has to be dealt.
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic Removed.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Lithium wrote:actually u dont understand a crap of that server , its not the time frame but the TOC power and the low activity of the victims.

shortly just for the records: toc has been doubled twice and activity of the asc server has been always in decrease due some mech broken long time ago makin it not that intresting for the majority , im leaving apart how RL hits playing two servers.
I was against TOC doubling as it was a fix not a solution of the long time issue there, anyway it went through and it has to be dealt.

Dude, having to have a schedule whereas you have to log in a minimum of 9 hours is RETARDED

Having to have a schedule whereas you have to log in and PLAY..HAVE TO PLAY IT in a specific time frame is RETARDED

Wether it be farming for building or refilling for to block desc. its RETARDED for people to have to schedule their life to accomodate a game. ITS STUPID People are quitting because its a burden. NO NEW BLOOD LITHIUM, NO NEW BLOOD
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Off topic Removed.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Lithium
Forum Zombie

well yr point is valid but u ve to properly express it in the initial post cuz teh 3 hrs time frame isnt the issue. between two accounts at same power they can try 1 year and wont desc each other. but when one works hard and the other not at all then its head shoot.

what u mentioned b4 made this game not interesting to me, doubling TOC was an unexpected update and a threat to many players including my self. that kind of update its not the only one in the updates history. its on now and theres is only one answer; play it or dont take the descension at heart.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Lithium wrote:well yr point is valid but u ve to properly express it in the initial post cuz teh 3 hrs time frame isnt the issue. between two accounts at same power they can try 1 year and wont desc each other. but when one works hard and the other not at all then its head shoot.

what u mentioned b4 made this game not interesting to me, doubling TOC was an unexpected update and a threat to many players including my self. that kind of update its not the only one in the updates history. its on now and theres is only one answer; play it or dont take the descension at heart.

And I agree, and watch..the choice is going to be not to play at all. Mark this day I said this..unless something is changed to whereas NOOBLET (smaller, developing, weaker players) have a chance at success without being forced into a game and its time constraints based on a private alliance mandate, its the end of it. Procreation has been aborted.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Iƒrit wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Lithium wrote:yeye talk to the mirror , the matter is if u dont pay attention to that server u risk yr bonus, 2 years ago ppl thought they were undescendable, untill toc 500m was proving them wrong , they rised lvls at cheap cost and were safe untill toc of today.

The point of this discussion, is not a matter of ignoring the server, the point is the time line to get descended it too tight for the majority of the players. The guidelines are set forth by an alliance mandated system, not for the betterment or ease or usefulness of the game. GOD DAM you want me to beat the point into your head with a stick? PAY ATTENTION.

actually if u look around inside the ascension suggestions u will find there was quiet a few players debating about descending 2-3 years ago, go poke around cause even Lore took part ;)

We are here and now, not 2-3 years ago, and will you please stop trolling these threads thank you.
No but it has been discussed for a long time, TL are not the only people who play and like ascended. Yes TL have a good roster of ascended players, I guess you would expect that from an alliance that requires you to play ascended and meet its benchmarks. :smt115

Its far from an alliance mandate, if you look through the suggestions I don't really remember reading anyone disagreeing. Also I think there was a fair bit of people telling jason at meetings to make descending viable. Where is this "majority" that you speak of, if it is a problem why are they not saying anything? or coming to meets to express that. Even if it was a majority the decision would lie with jason and his image of the game.

Besides all that, I have shown you countless times the difference in cost between building the stats needed to give a good amount of time against descending and the cost in building a ToC for descending. But for some reason glaze over the fact that even if u have all 0's that u still have a minimum of 9 hours before u have to log in while the other party has to log in every 3 hours to descend you. If you are able to hit someone and refill before you log then u effectively allow yourself to set your own schedule. If not the descender will probably give up once u refill, and if you build stats you buy yourself some more time. You already have the advantage as the defender cause you are given a 9 hour handicap, 12 hour if you play it right, and even more if you play ascended to begin with... It has to be fair for both parties, 9-12 hours is a long time in a day for someone to not log in.

It takes 1 year to hit Unknown, it takes a very short amount of time to spend 480 ATs a day, or even 2k every 4-5 days. By the time you hit Unknown you should have a good ascended, if you play... notice you will also have to play main if you want to hit unknown in 1 year too 8-[

People don't go around descending randoms. Okay maybe you a few others, but its just daft for anyone to. ATs are GOLD in ascended, spending them to descend someone for no reason is not the way to grow. To descend them in war, or when they piss you off is understandable, its a tactful move to make your enemy suffer.

If you get to ascend in main and gain a bonus, then that bonus should be at risk to be temporarily removed. If you make descending disappear, remove ascending in main.

Now if I was to consider anything I would say change it from 14 days descended and 4 days in Ascended PPT, to 10 days descended and 2 days in Ascended PPT.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Iƒrit wrote:
Now if I was to consider anything I would say change it from 14 days descended and 4 days in Ascended PPT, to 10 days descended and 2 days in Ascended PPT.

Thats not bad or even 7 days descended and 2 days PPT.

Deni
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Lithium wrote:actually u dont understand a crap of that server , its not the time frame but the TOC power and the low activity of the victims.

Dude, having to have a schedule whereas you have to log in a minimum of 9 hours is RETARDED

Having to have a schedule whereas you have to log in and PLAY..HAVE TO PLAY IT in a specific time frame is RETARDED

Wether it be farming for building or refilling for to block desc. its RETARDED for people to have to schedule their life to accomodate a game. ITS STUPID People are quitting because its a burden. NO NEW BLOOD LITHIUM, NO NEW BLOOD

If you integrate a game into your life, where you are at a point were you have to schedule your life to accomodate (or revolve around) the game the you have only yourself to blame. You say it as people don't have a choice, well they do.
As ifrit pointed out, there are only a select few that random descend people, just like people random mass on main, doesnt mean you have to log in every 10 seconds on main just to make sure you don't get massed, i'll admit the consequences vary between the two, but you only lose time when you are descended, its not permanent. If you cant manage to log into ascended during a time, such as a war, where there is a large possiblity that a descension attempt will be executed, then you have only yourself to blame for not preparing (whether it be by building a more defensive personal being or vac'ing due to inactivity).
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

stuff of legends wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

If you integrate a game into your life, where you are at a point were you have to schedule your life to accomodate (or revolve around) the game the you have only yourself to blame. You say it as people don't have a choice, well they do.
As ifrit pointed out, there are only a select few that random descend people, just like people random mass on main, doesnt mean you have to log in every 10 seconds on main just to make sure you don't get massed, i'll admit the consequences vary between the two, but you only lose time when you are descended, its not permanent. If you cant manage to log into ascended during a time, such as a war, where there is a large possiblity that a descension attempt will be executed, then you have only yourself to blame for not preparing (whether it be by building a more defensive personal being or vac'ing due to inactivity).

Blame? Why does anyone have to be to blame? It is what it is and my initial point/post has been given 1 viable option thus far. You dont BLAME the player for not being able to LOG IN in the time alloted for descend and the player shouldnt BLAME his/herself either. The game ought to be adjusted to accomidate THE PLAYER or risk losing players and having non to replace them. Hence what is happening now. Cmon guys and gals, viable options rather than shooting down a thought.

So far we have ...

**extending the descend time to 24 hrs
**decreasing the descended time to 7/10 days and 2 day PPT

Deni
pc
Fledgling Forumer

If people are active and get on say 2 times per day and farm some...down the road they will have a good account.
Thats the way I did it.(I think anyway I have a good account...not great tho)

**extending the descend time to 24 hrs ...big no from me it would kill it for me.
One person simply can not descend many players anyways.I have had many failed attempts
The 1 turn per turn did kill off ascended for a day.
stuff of legends
Forum Expert

Jedi~Tank wrote:Blame? Why does anyone have to be to blame? It is what it is and my initial point/post has been given 1 viable option thus far. You dont BLAME the player for not being able to LOG IN in the time alloted for descend and the player shouldnt BLAME his/herself either. The game ought to be adjusted to accomidate THE PLAYER or risk losing players and having non to replace them. Hence what is happening now. Cmon guys and gals, viable options rather than shooting down a thought.

So far we have ...

**extending the descend time to 24 hrs
**decreasing the descended time to 7/10 days and 2 day PPT

If no one was to be blamed then nothing at all would be happening. If you get descended one way or another the blame leans on you, dont fix it if there is nothing wrong with it, and there is nothing wrong with it.

If you really wanted to spice things up, at least make the opposition not be able to recover their lf or lf reserves in a few clicks of a button, and instead of hitting every three hours make it every 1, lowering how much damage you do ofc.
You want to save the ascended server yet you want to extend descension times? lol. that will kill it. As pcarmy said it would kill it for him, it would kill it for me as well, and no doubt many other people.
~CaspianXIII~
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TÅTS
Race: Tauri
ID: 87619

I understand why extending it to 24hrs would help not being descended. However, if you have 24hrs to sign on and recover then surely no one will be descended. I think a 12hr gap is more realistic. Its enough so that it is still possible to descend some one without an immense amount of difficulty, but since most people work 9hr shifts it makes it possible to not think about GW once whilst you are at work, and a little before and after :-)
"When I was a child, my speech, feelings, and thinking were all those of a child. Now that I am a man, I have no more use for childish ways. "
- The Puppet Master
Lithium
Forum Zombie

for fast desc u should do 1/3 hit , if u cant then it ll take a lot more then 12 hrs and there are only a few that do 1/3 dmg and they are active players who have spend lot of time there, now removing this weapon from actives and make inactives life easier is preatty a downgrade of the game.

like in main to remove all cov +35 and cap it there same for everyone
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Colos
The Ascended
Alliance: None
Race: Human

I log in on ascended maybe in once a day, and farm like twice a month. And that has been the case for like 3-4 months. That said, my account is nowhere near a good one. Yet, no one can descend me in 9 hours. Maybe Robe could get me in 12 hours, but the rest of the server would have to keep hitting for almost a day straight.

AND I AM ALMOST TOTALLY INACTIVE!

So, to all of you, who know nuts about ascended but keep crying about newer and newer updates: quit whining and start farming!

Colos
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Jason... wrote:
Colos wrote:I was a God, too.
Fixxed
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Colos wrote:I log in on ascended maybe in once a day, and farm like twice a month. And that has been the case for like 3-4 months. That said, my account is nowhere near a good one. Yet, no one can descend me in 9 hours. Maybe Robe could get me in 12 hours, but the rest of the server would have to keep hitting for almost a day straight.

AND I AM ALMOST TOTALLY INACTIVE!

So, to all of you, who know nuts about ascended but keep crying about newer and newer updates: quit whining and start farming!

Colos

Lets keep the whining comments out of posts in these threads please and post constructively, Thank you. The window is too tight for people that have school and jobs and most cannot access the net during their days and as already stated scheduling ones life around a game is retarded, It needs to be changed to accomidate the majority of the players not the select few that can do these things.

BTW 3 hit descension #4 last night.

Deni

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”