Descending changes

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Re: Descending changes

24 hours is too long. 9 hours is fine, little kids don't play this game, or not actively enough to actually become a descension target. It's mostly alliances warring, and 9 hours as a minimum is fine for that. You can check from anywhere, I check from my cell phone, takes 5 seconds, once when I'm at work. Takes 30 seconds more to refill. Not that big a deal.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

xDaku wrote:24 hours is too long. 9 hours is fine, little kids don't play this game, or not actively enough to actually become a descension target. It's mostly alliances warring, and 9 hours as a minimum is fine for that. You can check from anywhere, I check from my cell phone, takes 5 seconds, once when I'm at work. Takes 30 seconds more to refill. Not that big a deal.

excuse me? there are allot of school kids playing this game..oh many of them quit playing it, and are you going to buy everyone a phone whereas they can log in and refill..while at work? while at school? while doing family time?

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

There is no good way to change ascended ... it was a bad idea from inception. It makes it so you always have to be conscience of the game, every day, and log in to Ascended.

Most normal people have days where they don't want to give on single **Filtered** about Ascended, or being descended, but you can't do that. You have to log in. Ya, if you're sitting at a computer it would probably take 1 minute to check/refill, but not everyone is sitting at a computer all day... Some people wanna go do other **Filtered**, or have to go do other **Filtered**, and don't wanna have to log in to check. When I say most normal people, I am of course referring to no one in TL, the ones who assume everyone plays Ascended as hardcore as them, and can farm more than a few quadrillion in a turn.

Like I said though, Ascended is just totally idiotic overall, so there is nothing you can do. Changing the time it takes to be descended wouldn't help anything. Only thing that would help is to close the server.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Iƒrit
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 22479
Alternate name(s): Hansel, Nighthawk

Jedi~Tank wrote:
xDaku wrote:24 hours is too long. 9 hours is fine, little kids don't play this game, or not actively enough to actually become a descension target. It's mostly alliances warring, and 9 hours as a minimum is fine for that. You can check from anywhere, I check from my cell phone, takes 5 seconds, once when I'm at work. Takes 30 seconds more to refill. Not that big a deal.

excuse me? there are allot of school kids playing this game..oh many of them quit playing it, and are you going to buy everyone a phone whereas they can log in and refill..while at work? while at school? while doing family time?

you can log in before leaving home. Get home and check, or stop somewhere in between like a library, or internet cafe, maybe you have a friend that has a phone he would let you use for 30 seconds. Or perhaps if you can't setup your time to fit your needs, you can go dormant (vacation) and come off on the weekends or a time which you have to play, until you develop stats to protect yourself.
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

the time was previously shortened (recommended by a DDE member CC) from 3hrs to 2hrs.. last year the 3hr thing was reinstated there was a poll about what suited most players at the time.

I still maintain there should be some size/ToC ratio limit to whom another acc can descend. I've been in that position of having a tiny ascended acc that got repeatedly decended (by TA) during the server war.. wasn't nice :(
I was so small got decended a couple of times in a couple of hits
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Iƒrit wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:

you can log in before leaving home. Get home and check, or stop somewhere in between like a library, or internet cafe, maybe you have a friend that has a phone he would let you use for 30 seconds. Or perhaps if you can't setup your time to fit your needs, you can go dormant (vacation) and come off on the weekends or a time which you have to play, until you develop stats to protect yourself.

Ok so with your idea people HAVE to set their schedule around this game? Cmon ifrit thats the whole purpose of me suggesting a change man. ITS A GAME and people arent going to schedule their lives to compete in THIS game, cant you see the numbers dropping in membership the last 2 years and NO NEW BLOOD coming in. Think outside the box ](*,)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Personally I just gave up :)

Build stats. Set critical and change your name...Then train resource planets and be a farm...No one wants to descend a farm

Anyway the time is fine, as empy said the concept is flawed...

Maybe give a 12 hour restitution period where players then only lose their AB for 5 days if they re fill their LF and pay a loss in planets
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

E.M.P. wrote:There is no good way to change ascended ... it was a bad idea from inception. It makes it so you always have to be conscience of the game, every day, and log in to Ascended.

Most normal people have days where they don't want to give on single **Filtered** about Ascended, or being descended, but you can't do that. You have to log in. Ya, if you're sitting at a computer it would probably take 1 minute to check/refill, but not everyone is sitting at a computer all day... Some people wanna go do other **Filtered**, or have to go do other **Filtered**, and don't wanna have to log in to check. When I say most normal people, I am of course referring to no one in TL, the ones who assume everyone plays Ascended as hardcore as them, and can farm more than a few quadrillion in a turn.

Like I said though, Ascended is just totally idiotic overall, so there is nothing you can do. Changing the time it takes to be descended wouldn't help anything. Only thing that would help is to close the server.

empy its a game, if you don't want to you don't have to. same with main, if you don't want to play and someone masses your account down to shreds you can. Your choice. you can also vacate your ascended and not worry about it. You can also spend a few turn changes making your ascended better and increase the time it takes to descend you.
there are options whether you believe it or not.

The only thing that deters players is the constant changes to the game which doesn't allow anyone to learn how to play as well as the massive gap between new player's accounts and the current top player's accounts which is unbelievably large especially in main rather than ascended.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

Once again, the only real descensions happen during wars, and giving a higher than a 9 hour minimum window for that is too much. I agree, people's lives shouldn't revolve around this game, but the game shouldn't be changed to the point where anyone who plays even semi actively can stop themselves from being descended.

The ascension server has been a part of this game for too long, the risk of getting descended has been around for a while now, and essentially it's become a core aspect of this game. Changing this game into something it never intended to be won't attract more people.

And lets be real here, descension is NOT the reason we don't have new people coming in, it's the game between money spenders and f2p players (not whining about money spending, it's a fact and it can't be controlled I agree, but that doesn't change the reason we have so many people leaving/not joining). It's the fact that massing is not a viable option and covert levels determines a player's skill, which this game should never have come to. Descension has nothing to do with it.

And if people think they can't make the 9 hour window, there is the option for vacation you know...
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Rocky wrote:
E.M.P. wrote:There is no good way to change ascended ... it was a bad idea from inception. It makes it so you always have to be conscience of the game, every day, and log in to Ascended.

empy its a game, if you don't want to you don't have to. same with main, if you don't want to play and someone masses your account down to shreds you can. Your choice. you can also vacate your ascended and not worry about it. You can also spend a few turn changes making your ascended better and increase the time it takes to descend you.

The only thing that deters players is the constant changes to the game which doesn't allow anyone to learn how to play as well as the massive gap between new player's accounts and the current top player's accounts which is unbelievably large especially in main rather than ascended.

Good point Rocky, but there is more that deters people from playing than the changes, allot more. And I know anything I say is going to be interpreted as me trying to protect my DoC players..well who wouldnt..a solution there is easy, drop the training alliance..but thats not my motivation, for over a year I have been a apart of developing a system that is suited for all players, but without the little ones coming up its all a dead end..not just the project, but the whole game itself.

The time frame is too tight..does it need to be 24? probably not, but what it is.irfim say 9 hours..its been done in 6 multiple time **raises hand** is too tight a window.

Deni
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Rocky wrote:

Good point Rocky, but there is more that deters people from playing than the changes, allot more. And I know anything I say is going to be interpreted as me trying to protect my DoC players..well who wouldnt..a solution there is easy, drop the training alliance..but thats not my motivation, for over a year I have been a apart of developing a system that is suited for all players, but without the little ones coming up its all a dead end..not just the project, but the whole game itself.

The time frame is too tight..does it need to be 24? probably not, but what it is.irfim say 9 hours..its been done in 6 multiple time **raises hand** is too tight a window.

6 hours? **** that, i have to sleep longer then that for a decent nights kip for school, i cant sit at the computer all day while at school, looking at my ascended. The short gap of ascended descention time is costly, ESPECIALLY when i go to school, and sometimes go out for 4 or 5 hours after SCHOOL, meaning 7 hours for time or arriving before school, and eg 4 hours after means that i cant check my ascended. And being chased by a 5b toc doesnt really benefit anything else either,

and who says young kids quit? screw you lmao. *agrees with JT*

~Wolve
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Jedi~Tank wrote:Question..is it 3 hits in 6 hours or 4 hits in 9 hours miniumum? whichever its too short, people dont have time to be burdened by a game and have to function by a private alliance mandate they run.

I have descended 3 accounts in 6 hours each. SO WHICH IS IT??

Which is it??? - Good question.

You start by asking a question, therefore maybe best placed in FAQ, then you say regardless of the answer it is too short so therefore you are now making a suggestion, hence why it is in this section of the forums, then you have Nostra reporting every non DDE post because they aren't on-topic of a possible bug.

Which is it? A question, a suggestion or a bug! jeez no wonder this thread got so screwed up.

JT if this is a suggestion to change the way descension works then please let me know so that i can place it in the right section of the forum.
Image ImageImageImage
~Deathlok
Forum Grunt
Alliance: DDE
Race: Shadow
ID: 68198
Alternate name(s): Asajj Ventress

~Wolverine~ wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:
Rocky wrote:

6 hours? **** that, i have to sleep longer then that for a decent nights kip for school, i cant sit at the computer all day while at school, looking at my ascended. The short gap of ascended descention time is costly, ESPECIALLY when i go to school, and sometimes go out for 4 or 5 hours after SCHOOL, meaning 7 hours for time or arriving before school, and eg 4 hours after means that i cant check my ascended. And being chased by a 5b toc doesnt really benefit anything else either,

and who says young kids quit? screw you lmao. *agrees with JT*

~Wolve

I am 13 and I have school obviously and I have to leave my house at 7:45 am to catch the bus. And I do not get home until 3:45pm. And if I have activities like sports and music practice, which I do, then by the time I get to log on I am descended like before. So I don't even have a chance to stop it. And I cant log on a phone and do it either, and having my account set back by two weeks is dumb because of being forced to log on it in such a hurry or on a specific time. So that is why I am selling my account even though I like playing gatewars. Now I am playing another game that I don't have to worry about things like this or even rush to log on it and it is better than this game also.

Nikki aka Deathlok

My Awards

My War Medals
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Urb
Forum Newbie

xDaku wrote:And if people think they can't make the 9 hour window, there is the option for vacation you know...

TO GO ON VACATION, YOU CAN NOT HAVE ATTACKED ANYONE IN THE LAST 1 EARTH DAY, AND CANNOT HAVE BEEN ON VACATION/PPT FOR THE LAST 1 DAY!

So what your essentially promoting is if you you have a life, you have to be inactive on the server for the day before - risk being decended in order to uhm, stop being descended, So, ah i get it, if you dont play ascended, you wont be descended.. excellent!

From reading this thread, there seems to be a lot of basis on what people do themselves, what they expect others to do(unrealistically), and dont have objective view that, 1) This is a game and Real Life will ALWAYS take priority, or to stand on a soap box, Life should take priority in peoples lives.

The timing of being descended, 3/4 hits, be it 6hrs or 9..

Take the average day, Man/Lady gets ready for work at 8am, goes to work (starts 8.30), goes home at 5, arrives home at 6ish.. now the doesnt wanna run to his computer, he wants to kiss, his wife/husband, say hi to the kids.. its 6.30

There is a window of 10 and a half hours this guy is unable to play the game, that means 5 days a week, he can be descended and nothing he can do about it..

Its another 2 weeks before his account becomes active again, 2 weeks later he goes to work on the monday, comes home and its been descended.

If you want to say this guy should go to a cafe, get an smart phone, get internet installed in his brain, then you yourself need to look at your own lives, and realize you shouldn't need to do any of the above.

Now speculation of little kids dont play, speculation, upon speculation... Any game development does not do Speculation, they try and incorporate the widest possible group, be it School kids, single mothers, and working families...

The timing of being descended does not take this into consideration, If however the timing is outside that of what would be recommended as a safe time period, then it is then the persons responsibility to make sure he can log in within a certain time period before the kill shot is made. maybe a 2-4 hr buffer to give the guy a chance..

Theres no skill in making someone descended, when the odds are in your favor of succeeding as they currently are, between Work oh, and the guy sleeping, thats 19hrs of 24 you have the ability to descend someone.. Its not rocket science.
Last edited by Urb on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

~Deathlok wrote: So that is why I am selling my account even though I like playing gatewars. Now I am playing another game that I don't have to worry about things like this or even rush to log on it and it is better than this game also.
Nikki aka Deathlok

Im afraid this says it all. Got anything to go against that TL? seeing as you are the only ones disagreeing. funny enough.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”