Descending changes

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

Re: Descending changes

I have suggested it before, i think ascended has it all wrong in the sense that it does only take 30seconds to refill fully, but the time to descend someone has stayed the same or decreased depending on whether 3 hits is really enough.... I would much rather have it so that the amount of dmu required to refill becomes far more considerable, meaning you actually have to work to defend yourself, if this is done then sure i wouldn't mind time taken to descend someone to be increased.

much rather have this than how it is currently because it would require people to play more and defend their accounts whilst at the same time the time taken to descend would be more, giving people the chance to log in and defend themselves.
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

if one spend 10% of the time he spend fr his/her main account then there nothing to worry about being descended in contrary if one want to play only main server then forget the bonus and vac your account.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

Lithium wrote:if one spend 10% of the time he spend fr his/her main account then there nothing to worry about being descended in contrary if one want to play only main server then forget the bonus and vac your account.

Thats not the point, why vac when you want to play a game, but dont have a fair chance of being to get on their and do something about it when your getting descended in 6 hours, which some people do at work or school with out accessing some sort of computer or uber phone with internet.

~Wolve
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Decided to move this as it is Ascended Server discussion.
Image ImageImageImage
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

~Wolverine~ wrote:
Lithium wrote:if one spend 10% of the time he spend fr his/her main account then there nothing to worry about being descended in contrary if one want to play only main server then forget the bonus and vac your account.

Thats not the point, why vac when you want to play a game, but dont have a fair chance of being to get on their and do something about it when your getting descended in 6 hours, which some people do at work or school with out accessing some sort of computer or uber phone with internet.

~Wolve

they should build there ascended acounts then :smt018
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

~Wolverine~ wrote:

~Wolve

It doesnt take skill to descend an account..I know because I have none on that sevrer..but the 3 I did recently are active players, but the window was so small they had NO CHANCE to stop it.
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed Off-topic part

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Lithium
Forum Zombie

~Wolverine~ wrote:

~Wolve

if u can read only half post then ill give u half answer.

play the ascended server and u wont be ascended in 24 hrs.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Rocky wrote:
E.M.P. wrote:There is no good way to change ascended ... it was a bad idea from inception. It makes it so you always have to be conscience of the game, every day, and log in to Ascended.

Most normal people have days where they don't want to give on single **Filtered** about Ascended, or being descended, but you can't do that. You have to log in. Ya, if you're sitting at a computer it would probably take 1 minute to check/refill, but not everyone is sitting at a computer all day... Some people wanna go do other **Filtered**, or have to go do other **Filtered**, and don't wanna have to log in to check. When I say most normal people, I am of course referring to no one in TL, the ones who assume everyone plays Ascended as hardcore as them, and can farm more than a few quadrillion in a turn.

Like I said though, Ascended is just totally idiotic overall, so there is nothing you can do. Changing the time it takes to be descended wouldn't help anything. Only thing that would help is to close the server.

empy its a game, if you don't want to you don't have to. same with main, if you don't want to play and someone masses your account down to shreds you can. Your choice. you can also vacate your ascended and not worry about it. You can also spend a few turn changes making your ascended better and increase the time it takes to descend you.
there are options whether you believe it or not.

The only thing that deters players is the constant changes to the game which doesn't allow anyone to learn how to play as well as the massive gap between new player's accounts and the current top player's accounts which is unbelievably large especially in main rather than ascended.
So you think it's fine that the way the game works only leaves room for people to play who schedule their lives around the game, if they want to not get crushed?

Vacation on Ascended isn't really an option since that's like being permanently descended... might as well just take the chance of being randomly descended and keep the bonus when you can.

Also don't act like it only takes a "few turns" I don't know what kind of turns you have, but most players who need the help with their accounts don't have the same turns you do. I was descended in 4 hits by Tekki, and my account doesn't suck (but it's not that good really). You can't just get it to a level where you have 12+ hours until you're descended in a couple of turns.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

Lithium wrote:
~Wolverine~ wrote:

~Wolve

if u can read only half post then ill give u half answer.

play the ascended server and u wont be ascended in 24 hrs.

LOL, i didnt need to andwere the second part, even those who do spend 10%, lets say some half active member who can get on an hour a day. 10% for that aint gunna get them high levels.

~Wolve
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

E.M.P. wrote:
Rocky wrote:
E.M.P. wrote:There is no good way to change ascended ... it was a bad idea from inception. It makes it so you always have to be conscience of the game, every day, and log in to Ascended.

Most normal people have days where they don't want to give on single **Filtered** about Ascended, or being descended, but you can't do that. You have to log in. Ya, if you're sitting at a computer it would probably take 1 minute to check/refill, but not everyone is sitting at a computer all day... Some people wanna go do other **Filtered**, or have to go do other **Filtered**, and don't wanna have to log in to check. When I say most normal people, I am of course referring to no one in TL, the ones who assume everyone plays Ascended as hardcore as them, and can farm more than a few quadrillion in a turn.

Like I said though, Ascended is just totally idiotic overall, so there is nothing you can do. Changing the time it takes to be descended wouldn't help anything. Only thing that would help is to close the server.

empy its a game, if you don't want to you don't have to. same with main, if you don't want to play and someone masses your account down to shreds you can. Your choice. you can also vacate your ascended and not worry about it. You can also spend a few turn changes making your ascended better and increase the time it takes to descend you.

The only thing that deters players is the constant changes to the game which doesn't allow anyone to learn how to play as well as the massive gap between new player's accounts and the current top player's accounts which is unbelievably large especially in main rather than ascended.
So you think it's fine that the way the game works only leaves room for people to play who schedule their lives around the game, if they want to not get crushed?

Vacation on Ascended isn't really an option since that's like being permanently descended... might as well just take the chance of being randomly descended and keep the bonus when you can.

Also don't act like it only takes a "few turns" I don't know what kind of turns you have, but most players who need the help with their accounts don't have the same turns you do. I was descended in 4 hits by Tekki, and my account doesn't suck (but it's not that good really). You can't just get it to a level where you have 12+ hours until you're descended in a couple of turns.

main gives cash spenders a huge advantage
ascended gives active people a huge advantage

i still prefer ascended in that sense...
but my previous post explains what id do to make it better for everyone i think anyway..
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Lithium
Forum Zombie

whos that active "half" dont have to bother much , he/she didnt for long time to protect the bonus and its clearly nothing is for free. the one who can descend in 4 hits has spent time and now they are collecting the same way as those who have built heavy main account.

personally while i ve been active i ve spent 30% of my time for that server and build a crappy account to one of the finest with the biggest TOC and Assassins lvl at my peek activity, none ever descended me and i massed the best of accounts there and desc like 20-25 accounts in one month (in team wit magua and angelis during server war II)

play it and u dont have to worry
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Rocky wrote:
E.M.P. wrote:
Rocky wrote:

main gives cash spenders a huge advantage
ascended gives active people a huge advantage

i still prefer ascended in that sense...
but my previous post explains what id do to make it better for everyone i think anyway..

I dont want to revisit the cap thread again..but a cap on things would allow for the gap growth to be slowed even if its for a set amount of time. The ascended is retarded. And the reason I am taking such a passionate stance on it is..we need new blood..unless we are resigned to fighting political wars and ingame wars against ourselves year after year, I dont know about you guys but I would rather kick some different ass and have somebody new kick mine for a change. :-D But as things are (I know I am repeating myself again) we need to make things viable for people to be interested and to be kept interested outside of our own alliances.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

Lithium wrote:whos that active "half" dont have to bother much , he/she didnt for long time to protect the bonus and its clearly nothing is for free. the one who can descend in 4 hits has spent time and now they are collecting the same way as those who have built heavy main account.

personally while i ve been active i ve spent 30% of my time for that server and build a crappy account to one of the finest with the biggest TOC and Assassins lvl at my peek activity, none ever descended me and i massed the best of accounts there and desc like 20-25 accounts in one month (in team wit magua and angelis during server war II)

I agree, but with those who do play it to such a huge extent, that any people who actively start up playing, dont even have a chance. One person told me he was gunna get descended that night, when he went to sleep. hed been playing for a week going at it. Yet when robes big toc came down the street, he was gone, because he had to go to work the next day. And wasnt able to defend.

~Wolve
Lithium
Forum Zombie

~Wolverine~ wrote:
Lithium wrote:whos that active "half" dont have to bother much , he/she didnt for long time to protect the bonus and its clearly nothing is for free. the one who can descend in 4 hits has spent time and now they are collecting the same way as those who have built heavy main account.

I agree, but with those who do play it to such a huge extent, that any people who actively start up playing, dont even have a chance. One person told me he was gunna get descended that night, when he went to sleep. hed been playing for a week going at it. Yet when robes big toc came down the street, he was gone, because he had to go to work the next day. And wasnt able to defend.

~Wolve

u are right that why large alliances have training branches that dont get involved in wars, unless its all out due to heavy reasons. u ve that case also in main when cov 38+ wiped out the one who has 1-3 months playing at cost of a TC up production.
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Feedback Me
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

I remember in SW2 I was descended by Magua I think..well it sucked but even then it was due to me being at work and had no way to defend, but also the ratios were different and the coverts not as wild as it is now so I was still able to play effectively, but now when you get descended you might as well park it for 2 weeks.

And all of the arguments now that $$ have an advantage, more so the already powerful at the onset of these changes (which were influenced by the anti random masser crusade) have too much of a advantage..anyways..its out there for discussion and keep it going.

Deni

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”