1st batch of updates

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

1st batch of updates

1st batch will include the following small 'fixes', effectively a backlog from the suggestions that should have been done years ago, including some cosmetic ones. I'll probably break them into chunks and release them, depends how fast I can find my way around Admin's coding.

Things marked red have been completed (although you won't see them until I send them to Jason).

Realm summary
CEF: Double -> int or char (purely cosmetic, decimals aren't needed)
Number formatting
Add 'ranked' to cosmos rank

Introspection
Number of Ascended Resurrections Saved – delete
Ascended Life Force Maximum Level -> Mnec
Multiple boldings (purely cosmetic)
Add an extra two decimals to repulsion %

Powerup
Removal of life force (purely cosmetic)
Add multiples

Historic battles
Number formatting across the board

Histories of deceit
Number format in all logs
• More variability of what can be seen due to covert difference.
• 'Dodgy sources' (+- the real stats) with recon and GQ, i.e higher the covert differences the more accurate the findings (more planets sent in more accounts of the enemy received).

Cosmic Trade
Revise APP-life force exchange rate for ascensions and natural gain.

Command Star
Rework Admin's rampage of the command star (uses 3 different values)
Lengthen the input for buying weapons and shields on the command star

Side bar
Strip the crap
Double turn holdings (max turns held to 4k)
Move Personal log (as it is on main)

Mechanics
Increase destruction's effect.
• Rework sabotage, effectiveness or otherwise.
Increase DM turns used, increased attackers death rate.
Remove initiate revolution.

Misc
Offer a name change for something ( 3k turns per name change).
• Quick attack buttons
Get a damn Help guide posted
• More incentives to be ranked 1...2...3 etc, possibly high APP production
God attack ranking (toc), God defence ranking
Remove vac’ed people from rankings
In the GQ log: Life force level -> mnec (keeping it the same across the board).
Increase cap to 3 bill planets
Add a race change option
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are some suggestions that I thought may be good to include, but will need further debating/refining:

Cosmic dev
• Increase the cost of training

Planetary fleets
• Higher cost for buying weapons.

Recon Log
• Removal of ascended enhancements in recon (was on the page that it should be for god questing)

Mechanics
• Spice up descension attacks possibly, revamp its mechanics, (maybe add two options, faster and slower descension which will have different effects)
• Enforce some form of alliance tagging, roleplay wise I don't really see it fitting in but some people have suggested it here and there.
• Add the chance to see the recon'er and GQ’er to the logs.
• See oppositions relations relative to yours
• Increase % killing for the hunting assassin option for different relations (heard it was a bit off)

Misc

• Add a ‘top ten’ nameless stat charts, (offer to include the name in the users preferences).
• 'Power focusing': sacrificing life force refilling (or some other resource) for an increased ability in another part.

It would be wise to place foreseeable large debates (especially with voting) in a separate thread.
Further small fixes can remain in this topic.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

Re: 1st batch of updates

looks good so far :smt023

small cosmetic change suggestion.. move personal log to side bar menu
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Sol
Forum Addict

Eärendil wrote:If you can, you should clean his coding up too :p

I plan to do it a bit later, won't matter too much.

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:looks good so far :smt023

small cosmetic change suggestion.. move personal log to side bar menu

As another section in the sidebar or a link below the current stats (below the messages)?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

SuperSaiyan wrote:what do you think of: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=184337

No doubt that's happening, I was going to plan it like, small fixes then implementing new ideas then create a new login then possibly give it a restructure.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

ok two things completed, i'll try to update every so often.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
EbilCC
Forum Addict

I see you said about increase cost of weapons yes that would mean sabotage is effective as right now cheap weapons no one would bother anyway and also rework the sabotage button

• Increase DM turns used, possibly decrease its power.

No this is a BAD idea it already costs alot of turns to DM and to kill spies 9 and 15 turns respectfully. Decrease its power hmmm maybe a little but if you decrease it alot THEN you will have to decrease TURNS USED for it as well with destroying killing spies and decending someone you could use well over a weeks turns to do it all I know I have done it with people large defences lots of spies you want to hurt them set them back if you are in war and then decending takes minumum 400 turns if there a newbie to quite alot if they worked on account at all as i recall decending someone personally took 44 hours ish and others have done it to hitting people 30 hours + to decend

last point on DM. if you lower there effectiveness you need to increase the amount of hits you can do on someone before they phase simply put it takes along time to destroy big accounts fully as it is without going to decrease power

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
Sol
Forum Addict

CCexy wrote:• Increase DM turns used, possibly decrease its power.

No this is a BAD idea it already costs alot of turns to DM and to kill spies 9 and 15 turns respectfully.

With respect to how much you COULD destroy in one hit alone it hardly costs enough turns, and it is overpowered by far, perhaps you should rethink of when you should actually use it. I have known people to topple 80 quad defences ~4-5 bill planets worth in a chain of hits.
If you leveled a players planet count that took them months to build in half an hour of DM'ing while only loosing a few hundred turns and 1 bill assassin planets, then you have to think something is a bit off. I had the logs of me destroying over 35-40 bill planets worth just by DM'ing losing only a few bill assassin planets with an assassin lvl of 1400 leaving only 500 turns. That's just ludicrous. This game is about tactics, not destroy months of work of a few people in a few hits.

CCexy wrote:last point on DM. if you lower there effectiveness you need to increase the amount of hits you can do on someone before they phase simply put it takes along time to destroy big accounts fully as it is without going to decrease power

This is an entire matter on its own, and I'll put it up for debate, people do phase too fast, and i think this realm alert is not hitting hard enough, especially for the purist farmers.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
EbilCC
Forum Addict

people dont have to train everything they have though to get destroyed its there choice if they loose months of work isnt it? its ur choice if you build lots u can loose it all on main in a day if good players are after you why not ascended ?

im sorry If im a level 1400 which I am and someone is level 300 assassin of course I am going to have my way with the account just like level 39s do with everyone else. if your nerfing ascended it means MAIN has to be nerfed as well because that is only fair as THEY could be considered overpowered the point is the turns to destroy an account and then descend them is too much you will need to increase Turn generation then on ascended as I know destroyed accounts and decending good accounts is my main point you can loose most of your turns that way for a week

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Side bar
• Strip the crap
• Double turn holdings (max turns held to 4k)
• Move Personal log (as it is on main)

He will be uping the turns to 4K already....
CCexy wrote:people dont have to train everything they have though to get destroyed its there choice if they loose months of work isnt it? its ur choice if you build lots u can loose it all on main in a day if good players are after you why not ascended ?

im sorry If im a level 1400 which I am and someone is level 300 assassin of course I am going to have my way with the account just like level 39s do with everyone else. if your nerfing ascended it means MAIN has to be nerfed as well because that is only fair as THEY could be considered overpowered the point is the turns to destroy an account and then descend them is too much you will need to increase Turn generation then on ascended as I know destroyed accounts and decending good accounts is my main point you can loose most of your turns that way for a week
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
EbilCC
Forum Addict

I am aware of upping the holding turns but the generation will have to go up too :-k

renegadze
Forum Elite

CCexy wrote:people dont have to train everything they have though to get destroyed its there choice if they loose months of work isnt it? its ur choice if you build lots u can loose it all on main in a day if good players are after you why not ascended ?

Any change likes this would need to make it a lot easier to covert people. I have a decent covert level (1500) and I have to train 7-8bil covert planets to have any chance of seeing the DMU on a LOT of accounts......I got DM'd by someone, they used 200 turns, I lost 6bil planets - it's taken me 1 month to recover (and my CER is over 1.1bil/day) - during which time I've not bothered playing the server at all.

Now I know it's my fault I got hit and lost so much, but as Sol has stated it shouldn't be so cheap to sideline someone for a month. This doesn't compare to main, as in main I could quite easily raid it all back in a couple of days.
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

CCexy wrote:I am aware of upping the holding turns but the generation will have to go up too :-k

Nope they dont have to. We get 10 attack turns per 30 minutes. So in 24 hours, we get 480 attack turns.

And in 3 days, you have 1920 (if you dont use them). That is plenty of turns per turn(confusing??;) ), in 6 days we will have 3840 ATs...once the update is out. So making it so we get more ATs per turn is not needed. Cause in less than 1 week, you will have 4K ATs.

Since ascended is not active as in main, I think it is a good set up.....or will be once the update comes out to where get can hold 4K ATs.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

u ll send this batch in the name of the majority of users or by yr self?
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

So basically admin just gave control over ascended server to The Legion.. and it is now going to be the server they want to see, the server that best suits them.

Great, chaos server all over again, only that was to DD..
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
renegadze
Forum Elite

Kikaz wrote:So basically admin just gave control over ascended server to The Legion.. and it is now going to be the server they want to see, the server that best suits them.

Great, chaos server all over again, only that was to DD..

lol the ascended server was already the server that "suited" The Legion. I don't think it's too unreasonable to think that an admin could come from the alliance that has been collectively the most active on said server.

I believe sol has said things are up for debate....so why not debate?
Spoiler
ImageImageImage

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”