1st batch of updates

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

Re: 1st batch of updates

Whats to debate, I disagree with everything posted so far.. especially admins choice of the developer...
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

most of what Sol posted should have been done time ago , its not late tho. i cant argue or discuss the rest as im not following that server actively. it takes 2-5 min to read and check the update that doenst suite one game play and propose a different one that also shall be positive for the majority of users
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Feri
Forum Regular
ID: 1920808

This is ridiculous. If jason is too busy or doesn't wan't to take the time to admin it effectively than it should disappear, not be handed over to an alliance.

So little has been done for the asc server lith that there are certainly some good fixes that need to be done... I just don't think its fair to hand a neglected server to the people with the most to gain from having control over it.

Someone more impartial should be developing.
I eat your spies
Spoiler

RSE says (11:22 PM)
no no.. you need to see it bigger
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

Feri wrote:This is ridiculous. If jason is too busy or doesn't wan't to take the time to admin it effectively than it should disappear, not be handed over to an alliance.

So little has been done for the asc server lith that there are certainly some good fixes that need to be done... I just don't think its fair to hand a neglected server to the people with the most to gain from having control over it.

Someone more impartial should be developing.

first, TL has been the most active of the alliances in ascended recently. I remember when i had one of the top 5 accounts there and i was very active, there was no acc in TL to match mine or close to it , there was only 1 acc in OE that was close in war lvl and more adv in generating. TL put an effort that no alliance ever did or even a single member and they have they merit for it.
if they ask for updates then its their right. I might bring to your attention the many war updates asked in main.... who proposed them? im sure it was no inactive member.

while i was active i asked a few updates but there were more those not playing it and not wanting updates. so far who plays the server can ask for updates and discuss them. this is how this game has been going on for years.
Last edited by Lithium on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
renegadze
Forum Elite

@ Kikaz - jeez that's productive =D> disagree with everything and offer no valid alternative

@ Feri - Again, you seem more concerned with who is doing the work instead of what is being done, I'm not in TL, but do you have these "other" developers in mind?

Maybe we should make ascended a $$ server, then you can buy unlimited resources there too?
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Most of the to-do list is good from my point of view, I disagree with few proposed to-discuss ideas (especially the one where recon/GQ should appear in logs if you succeded them), but overall, this is great news and needed updates! :-)
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
ID: 102298

well I have to disagree with most of them. But anyway, things was change in game play in main and we adapt, why not in ascended.

Don't like Alliance thing.. :) GQ and see ID"s so many.. You Want ID's, put your ass at work and GQ everybody, don't make a function on server to make your work more easy.

more planets.. Big Stats. so, while you put 2 ways to descend, you make it impossible to kill a nice Defense..

So, bottom of line, New Server Strategy: DEFENSES.. like it's in main. became a Defensive Game..
Too bad....

Propose? well, make a debate... but, in the end, Forum, it's not used by all players.
Make a Poll in game and post the results, fast way, better way. We can debate in here, about topics and what you can choose. :P
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Raw Mechanics
• Increase destruction's effect.
• Rework sabotage, effectiveness or otherwise.
• Increase DM turns used, possibly decrease its power.
• Remove initiate revolution or change it for another purpose.
• Increase % killing for the hunting assassin option for different relations (heard it was a bit off)

I would think those should be discussed a bit more before being put in, seeing as you have not listed much of anything about what would happen for them and they will change the game a lot depending on what is done.

Everything else seems to have been stuff that was suggested a lot and has little or no effect on how the game is actually played, but make it look better or change things that were stupid.

Many of the possible updates seem like they are quite big and would need a lot of discussion to me:
Sol wrote:These are some suggestions that I thought may be good to include, but will need further debating/refining:

Cosmic dev
• Increase the cost of training

Planetary fleets
• Higher cost for buying weapons.

Recon Log
• Removal of ascended enhancements in recon (was on the page that it should be for god questing)

Mechanics
• Spice up descension attacks possibly, revamp its mechanics, (maybe add two options, faster and slower descension which will have different effects)
• Enforce some form of alliance tagging, roleplay wise I don't really see it fitting in but some people have suggested it here and there.
• Add the chance to see the recon'er and GQ’er to the logs.

Misc
• Increase cap to 4 bill planets
• Add a ‘top ten’ nameless stat charts, (offer to include the name in the users preferences).
• 'Power focusing': sacrificing life force refilling (or some other resource) for an increased ability in another part.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

I personally disagree with allowing a player to have development abilities in the game. One of the biggest complaints many of us had (including quite a few TL members if you remember) was when ETL was a game admin and had special privileges to test updates. This is the same thing all over again imo. I don't want to knock what sol is trying to do and many of those changes are good (mostly the cosmetic ones) although when it comes to actual game mechanics I still tend to have the opinion that no change is good change. We don't change the game to fit our playing style, we change our playing style to fit the game.

I guess that idea went out the window a long time ago though...
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Sol
Forum Addict

Lithium wrote:u ll send this batch in the name of the majority of users or by yr self?

majority of users, if you read my first post they were mostly all from the backlog of suggestions, not to mention i'm putting this up for debate.

@CCexy, if you feel the change in DM'ing will skew the game create another thread with voting in and a better discussion.

Kikaz wrote:Whats to debate, I disagree with everything posted so far.. especially admins choice of the developer...

Oh, I didn't realize admin had a broad range of people to choose from, how about you send him an application?
If you disagree with everything so far give some reasons instead of whining.

Legendary Apophis wrote:I disagree with few proposed to-discuss ideas

Need a bit more clarification on that :P

HgE wrote:more planets.. Big Stats. so, while you put 2 ways to descend, you make it impossible to kill a nice Defense..

Destruction was going to be increased along with sabotage. Tweaking would be needed with DM, but I think you have a skewed perspective that I will make it useless to use.

BMMJ13 wrote:I would think those should be discussed a bit more before being put in, seeing as you have not listed much of anything about what would happen for them and they will change the game a lot depending on what is done.

Let it be done then, I'll fix the others first.

Mathlord wrote:I personally disagree with allowing a player to have development abilities in the game... although when it comes to actual game mechanics I still tend to have the opinion that no change is good change. We don't change the game to fit our playing style, we change our playing style to fit the game.

I'm not even in TL anymore, and I suggested to admin I not be involved with the game, but he said I needed an account, I even offered to just use a test account for testing.
Apart from that, as far as any update goes I don't even have to announce it, but I'm choosing to so people can debate it, even if it's about correcting a spelling mistake. Of course I will always have a tainted view of ascended, I played it for years, which is a key reason i'm posting the updates, I guarantee I'll have to be pulled down to earth a few times. But there will always be some people who hate an update and some people who will love it. Haters gonna hate.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Vicarious
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: The Legion
Race: SISU
ID: 1972520

I think everyone should give Sol a chance, everyone at least deserves a chance to prove themselves. I don't see anyone else giving so much of their time to actually help the game without benefit.

If Sol is wrong it can be rolled back, if things obviously don't work they can be undone. Thankfully the internet is not set in stone.

See how his changes fare, test them out (because that is the only way anyone will know if those changes were ever feasible ideas), give constructive feedback whether positive or negative.

Ascended is long due a change and someone has finally offered to do so and give up their own time, you should all be eager to see what he has to offer. If you try it and don't like it, complain then. Sol is not stupid, when things are broken he will know, and since he is able to more actively adjust the game than admin fixes will be far more swift.

~V
Dark Hero Siggies:
Spoiler
Dark Hero says:
i ****** up with cough syrup once
never doing that again
it had sorbitol in it which basically means... instant diarrhoea
plus we were drinking at the same time which meant instant passing out
now put them both together....

Dark Hero says:
there is only 362 days in the year

Vicariously Dark Hero 10,000,000 Naquadah 5,800,000,000,000 Naquadah Jan 08, 2012, 11:11 am Completed.
GrizzZzzly siggies:
Spoiler
GrizzZzzly says:
ya but i mainly watch it cos he's hawt
Da Vinci siggies:
Spoiler
Tom says:
well was in the shower
thought why not time to spair
i can multi task
then he started saying
"bend over pick up the soap"
Lord of Destruction siggies:
Spoiler
Tom says:
guys
first 1 to reply wins 1t
omg..
not even loid
ppt misser
1t out
1.5t def
omg

Tom just sent you a nudge.

Andy says:
LoD $$$
™Lord Of DestructiOn says:
??
Andy says:
lol
Tom says:
lmaoi

Tom says:
lol my friend from college has sex with his cousin while his m8 watched from a tree
~NAME~ Siggies:
Spoiler
zakb3 says:
i love you <3
Jokerz Siggies:
Spoiler
peter says:
Rocky?
Andy says:
andy
peter says:
andy?
Andy says:
Vicariously
peter says:
ahh
Brothers siggies:
Spoiler
wnpll20@googlemail.com (E-mail address not verified) says:
guild stats whats left whilst i wsa ndruun
druk
drunky
drnk
drunkl
drunk
FM siggies:
Spoiler
FM says:
I once went out...and started drinking the next day as well...
and I went crazy
I don't remember anything about the evening...
I woke up in my mates new house...new carpet...the works...
There was a little turd on the floor
Tom says:
rofllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
FM says:
and on my ass

FM says:
Maybe you think slower then you type?
So you do stuff phonetically
Like a tard
Tom says:
mby u should shut up
Random Siggies:
Spoiler
vintage says:
come on andy do it
do it!
do
it
!

Andy says:
Weapons Destroyed
Name Type Quantity Strength
Targeted Spacial Distortions Defense 2005293 5750/5750
Defense
vintage says:
he did it :O
damn you :O

Alexander Newman says
your a tard //
Andy Barrell says
FS ******* Special
Alexander Newman says
TL **Filtered** Lemmings
Andy Barrell says
FS Forgotten Socks
Alexander Newman says
TL Twerp Sauce
Andy Barrell says
FAIL
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

My doubt was focusing for now towards the "see recons/GQs done". I don't think it's a good idea, if it's succeded recons at least. Or maybe, just say you were reconned/GQ and not tell who it was, like not caught sabs/DM showing with "???"?
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Sol
Forum Addict

Legendary Apophis wrote:My doubt was focusing for now towards the "see recons/GQs done". I don't think it's a good idea, if it's succeded recons at least. Or maybe, just say you were reconned/GQ and not tell who it was, like not caught sabs/DM showing with "???"?

The latter was what I was leaning towards.

:smt025 just done multiple-powerups for the powerups page, took nearly a day to do, I see now why admin refused to look at it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Everyone does know he has no direct control to the server right?

And that I haven't seen SoL active for months in terms of main or alliance wise?

So so go debate here

Edit: Also SoL for cosmetic tweaks perhaps post a screen shot of the dev server to see if it causes major dispute before its live?
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

I'm grateful someone was willing to do it..

and already completed things in a day Admin hadn't touched in 6 almost 7yrs.

Thanks for update on powerups, :)

and yes I meant relocate personal logs to same area as they are on main, if possible ..cheers
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”