1st batch of updates

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: 1st batch of updates

Legendary Apophis wrote:Erm why the heck was I rank 69, then rank 220 something and now rank 908/888 for those two new ranks...? :shock:

It was already unbelievable there were 200+ people bigger than my TOC, but now 900+ people... :lol:

the TOC one is a bit skewed, i know why and have already fixed it, but admin wont implement it for a bit.

BMMJ13 wrote:Are we going to find out what the new stuff means or the formulas that are being put into them?

God Offensive Capacity
God Diversion Power

If you ask nicely i'll tell you.
GOC=TOC
GDP is a concoction of an ascended beings defensive and recovery means. I.e the higher the number the better you will be at holding back descension attacks.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
dastupy
Forum Addict
ID: 28870
Alternate name(s): Weltschmerz

Mind me asking you on what the ToC/GoC formula is based on?
Solely on MNEC lvl?

Spoiler
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Shouldn't that be "Godly Offensive Capacity" or even "Divine Offensive Capacity"?
This just doesn't look right. Noun - Adjective - Noun. Goes against natural speech, sounds like a forced construction. (It reminds me of terms like Elven Blade of Hastened Doom, and other non sense.)

I apologise in advance if that was too harsh. I hope you share my notion regarding the use of proper English where possible, Sol. Haha!

GOC =! TOC.

There is a 70% difference between GOC and TOC on my account. Is that correct?
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

Sol wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:Erm why the heck was I rank 69, then rank 220 something and now rank 908/888 for those two new ranks...? :shock:

It was already unbelievable there were 200+ people bigger than my TOC, but now 900+ people... :lol:

the TOC one is a bit skewed, i know why and have already fixed it, but admin wont implement it for a bit.

BMMJ13 wrote:Are we going to find out what the new stuff means or the formulas that are being put into them?

God Offensive Capacity
God Diversion Power

If you ask nicely i'll tell you.
GOC=TOC
GDP is a concoction of an ascended beings defensive and recovery means. I.e the higher the number the better you will be at holding back descension attacks.

Why did you put GOC if you have TOC and is the same? Isn't the same thing as MNEC text change?
Whining you say, well, when someone make critics at you work it's called moaning, whining. If I were your new Boss, I'll be kicking you out, when I moan /whine next time.

You do realized that GDP it's meaningless. :D With 800 lvls in DEF + 700 reg + MNEC 1000 you are undescendable. :D

So, again, great Updates. :smt021 :smt100 :smt021
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Why does it matter, these two new ranks updates don't interfer with rankings and are a good way to know where your TOC is in the pyramid of TOCs (well when the formula will work :P )? :-k

Being so strongly hostile towards rather positive updates that won't change the face of Earth anyway, is rather strange to me. :smt104
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
HgE
Forum Regular

Legendary Apophis wrote:Being so strongly hostile towards rather positive updates that won't change the face of Earth anyway, is rather strange to me. :smt104

Try to understand my point of view. If not, don't say I'm against Changes. The manner that is done, Sucks. No matter if it's for free or paid.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

ill refrain my self for the last time and hopefully whos gona work ascended can pay attention to prevent noblish mistake or intentional.

each update proposed to admin needs a discussing time frame or at least the idea shall fully mirror it self to a thread, it has not to be a batch (my view) cuz it makes a mess in the thread. the update it self shall affect equally most of the active players (not a minority or a majority). It needs to explain why the game needs it , how it is calc (not mandatory) , what is the benefit and the drawback for the game.

if it doesnt goes this line then it is a tricky one aiming for specific advantage like its been all this time in main.
this isnt personal or directed to any , just my thoughts how these stuff shall go fair.
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
dastupy
Forum Addict

Stuart Gordon wrote:There is a 70% difference between GOC and TOC on my account. Is that correct?

If you optimalize your ToC for a set amount of DMU, then your GoC should be 25% of your ToC because of obvious reasons.

Spoiler
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

dastupy wrote:
Stuart Gordon wrote: There is a 70% difference between GOC and TOC on my account. Is that correct?
If you optimalize your ToC for a set amount of DMU, then your GoC should be 25% of your ToC because of obvious reasons.
lolwut. Obvious reasons? Like what?
Sol wrote:GOC=TOC
Total Offensive Capacity = God Offensive Capacity.
Per Sol's own explanation, there's no reason why my TOC should be little over 1 Billion, and my GOC not 1/3 of that.
dastupy
Forum Addict

Stuart Gordon wrote:
dastupy wrote:
Stuart Gordon wrote: There is a 70% difference between GOC and TOC on my account. Is that correct?
lolwut. Obvious reasons? Like what?

The original ToC value got doubled, and afterwards doubled once more.

Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

@Stuart: Godly Offensive...sounds crap tbh.

Well the action update has came about again, finally, and all is well. You will probably have to wait for next turn change to be properly ranked.
Powerups page was changed slightly again, its upgrade by x amount not upgrade to, and it will also display the amount of cache needed IF the user doesn't have enough (and has clicked the upgrade button with the amount inputted.)
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Sol wrote:@Stuart: Godly Offensive...sounds crap tbh.
I would agree. So does God Offensive Capacity though. :P God's Offensive Capacity. It is a peculiar phrase spun either way.

Sol wrote:Well the action update has came about again, finally, and all is well. You will probably have to wait for next turn change to be properly ranked.
Powerups page was changed slightly again, its upgrade by x amount not upgrade to, and it will also display the amount of cache needed IF the user doesn't have enough (and has clicked the upgrade button with the amount inputted.)
Perfect. ;) Doing very well, sir.
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

woo im rank 12 yipee

imma bosh into the top 10 soon watch out Robe 8)
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

I'm rank 32. :-)
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
HgE
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:@Stuart: Godly Offensive...sounds crap tbh.

Well the action update has came about again, finally, and all is well. You will probably have to wait for next turn change to be properly ranked.

Start to look like an Upgrade. :) those PowerUps

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”