1st batch of updates

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Re: 1st batch of updates

HgE wrote:When it happen that our opinion as a user, ever count in this kind of games?

I'll always leave a channel open for user opinions, since you actually play the game.
HgE wrote:Power Ups - changed ...
It's ridiculous, Try to increase your Lvl's in Personal Abilities with 500 at once from 1100..
You did think it over and over... damn.. :smt100 Are you serious?

I said you cannot upgrade over a DIFFERENCE. i.e if you have level 100 and you want like 1300 you cant do that because thats a difference of 1200 levels, you can however go and do 101,102,103...all the way up to 600, and if you have the mullah you can do another 500 levels up to 1100 etc, its to stop idiots from entering ridiculous numbers like 999999999999.
HgE wrote:If you put: Personal Log after the clock & rest, why did you leave in the Ream Page this link? :D
Log Open

Don't cry.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

Sol wrote:I'll always leave a channel open for user opinions, since you actually play the game.

For this sure. No doubt... :D :smt100 :smt017

Sol wrote:I said you cannot upgrade over a DIFFERENCE. i.e if you have level 100 and you want like 1300 you cant do that because thats a difference of 1200 levels, you can however go and do 101,102,103...all the way up to 600, and if you have the mullah you can do another 500 levels up to 1100 etc, its to stop idiots from entering ridiculous numbers like 999999999999.

Who has lvl 100?

Even if he has lvl 1 and wanted to buy to 1200:
- he wouldn't know that he can type there the amount that he wants. :) He can try? Yes. But it's not intuitive.
- nothing obvious it's changing when you input the numbers there, so he could say it's a Bug.
- he knows that he can put there only up to 500 lvls? NO
- Did you ever consider that this game could be played by retards that doesn't know that 101 + 100 = 201 and he'll input +100 and the results isn't changing and he'll be pressing the same **Filtered** button that you change. And retard as he is, he'll be saying: it didn't work.. stupid **Filtered** admin.. he is not doing the job right.
- he knows that those 499 lvl cost 99999999 LF to check if he has that much LF? No.
So what was the purpose of this update? Just to change a **Filtered** button with another one? Same as stupid as ever?

Now,you'll see users:
I put there +100 lvls and it didn't upgrade. WHY?
And all forum users will laugh at him, did you check if you have enough LF? Did you put +100 and pus Update button or you did 400 (your lvl)+100 (upgrades) = 500 and push the button?

Did you even consider this kind of stories?

Sol wrote:Don't cry.

Who's crying? At least if you do a Job, no matter what you do, please invest more time and try to catch all side of stories.
It's good you have the skills and knowledge, now be serious in what you are doing.

I'd rather wait another 1 mth to do this updates UP to full power, then see BUGS.
Someday I'm gonna kill a programmer. :) Just for making 1 BUG.
Sol
Forum Addict

HgE wrote:
Sol wrote:I said you cannot upgrade over a DIFFERENCE. i.e if you have level 100 and you want like 1300 you cant do that because thats a difference of 1200 levels, you can however go and do 101,102,103...all the way up to 600, and if you have the mullah you can do another 500 levels up to 1100 etc, its to stop idiots from entering ridiculous numbers like 999999999999.

Who has lvl 100?

Even if he has lvl 1 and wanted to buy to 1200:
- he wouldn't know that he can type there the amount that he wants. :) He can try? Yes. But it's not intuitive.
- nothing obvious it's changing when you input the numbers there, so he could say it's a Bug.
- he knows that he can put there only up to 500 lvls? NO
- Did you ever consider that this game could be played by retards that doesn't know that 101 + 100 = 201 and he'll input +100 and the results isn't changing and he'll be pressing the same **Filtered** button that you change. And retard as he is, he'll be saying: it didn't work.. stupid **Filtered** admin.. he is not doing the job right.
- he knows that those 499 lvl cost 99999999 LF to check if he has that much LF? No.
So what was the purpose of this update? Just to change a **Filtered** button with another one? Same as stupid as ever?

Now,you'll see users:
I put there +100 lvls and it didn't upgrade. WHY?
And all forum users will laugh at him, did you check if you have enough LF?

Did you even consider this kind of stories?

1. People join ascended all the time and they will find it usefull.
2. Have you actually tried it out? i added a regex pattern to remove anything but numbers so whether he writes his whole damn life story in there followed by a few numbers it will only update TO THOSE NUMBERS.
3. It auto adds one to your current level and displays it in the textbox so you only have to click the button.
4. Stop whining like a little girl that doesn't get her own way, especially when you havent even looked at what i have done and are now just blurting out crap that half of it doesn't even make sense and the half is just plain wrong.
HgE wrote:
Sol wrote:Don't cry.

Who's crying? At least if you do a Job, no matter what you do, please invest more time and try to catch all side of stories.
It's good you have the skills and knowledge, now be serious in what you are doing.

I'd rather wait another 1 mth to do this updates UP for full power, then see BUGS.
Someday I'm gonna kill a programmer. :) Just for making 1 BUG.

One bug appeared, endof. Out of thousands of lines of code, a 10 odd forms interconnected like a network, and re-writing + trying to make sense of admins code. I think that was done pretty well. Not to mention that bug was harmless.

I'll take the crying back and insert whining.
I am serious in what i do, and i'm also doing it totally free and out of my own time and i do attempt to catch all sides of a story and all possibilities. Why do you think I posted my updates first hmm? I could have just injected them straight away regardless of what anyone said.
Someday you will kill a programmer, not because of a bug, but because they will always turn you down.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Why the fuss about having ascended server updated? :?
I mean, the part currently updated from set of updates planned, has barely anything if any "controversial" content, like the double of double TOC (early 2011), or reducing of APP from ascending-effects (2007 update).

That argument about "retards" is utter nonsense. Considering there are many boxes in main that include numbers to enter, even the brokers where if you entered too high numbers you could be autobanned, a "retard" as you say would have been constantly autobanned and wouldn't have played this game for long due to not understanding some of its features. Ascended also had boxes to train/buy weapons/buy fleets/buy CS weapons&shields...
Last edited by Legendary Apophis on Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Hey Sol, Was the remove the vac mode people from ranks and can spy them update released?

Cause I cant do it (did with 2 people) and they still show up, but yet in the update link it says it was one of the updates.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Do they still appear in the relations pages? Because I found three of those, along with one displaying rank but saying the red message about taking a vacation when trying to recon them, while not having an "ascended" coffee.
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Sol
Forum Addict

Legendary Apophis wrote:Do they still appear in the relations pages? Because I found three of those, along with one displaying rank but saying the red message about taking a vacation when trying to recon them, while not having an "ascended" coffee.

Yes, I didn't venture into the relational pages and such, because it's more of personal content, there could be many reasons why people have them there. So I would just have to say if you dont want them there you will have to remove them manually.

@rudy, yeah I haven't done the spying on vac thing, it shouldn't be such a devastation if you cant do it anyway,
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Sol wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:Do they still appear in the relations pages? Because I found three of those, along with one displaying rank but saying the red message about taking a vacation when trying to recon them, while not having an "ascended" coffee.

Yes, I didn't venture into the relational pages and such, because it's more of personal content, there could be many reasons why people have them there. So I would just have to say if you dont want them there you will have to remove them manually.

@rudy, yeah I haven't done the spying on vac thing, it shouldn't be such a devastation if you cant do it anyway,

Ah ok. I was wondering cause it was mentioned in the updates.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

OK, I understand.

Will something be done with problem of pages displaying different amounts of players each in cosmos -not relations- (page X displays 19 players while page Y displays 16 and page Z, 20), and about the fact:
Last rank displaying in this page being 5894
7,939 players total | page 265 of 265
(...)
After you cannot use "next" link to go to pages 266 and further until:
Real last page with player ranked 7939
7,939 players total | page 338 of 265

However, you can use "previous" link to go back from page 338 to page 265.
Spoiler

Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

Legendary Apophis wrote:OK, I understand.

Will something be done with problem of pages displaying different amounts of players each in cosmos -not relations- (page X displays 19 players while page Y displays 16 and page Z, 20), and about the fact:
Last rank displaying in this page being 5894
7,939 players total | page 265 of 265
(...)
After you cannot use "next" link to go to pages 266 and further until:
Real last page with player ranked 7939
7,939 players total | page 338 of 265

However, you can use "previous" link to go back from page 338 to page 265.

hmm i'll look into that in a sec, just doing something for admin
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Good job, Sol. :smt047

I am curious why we can't spy people on Ascended PPT, or who have been descended...

sooner or later, they gonna come out... kinda like PPT / Vac on Main. :)

and what do the new rankings mean?
Sol
Forum Addict

Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:Good job, Sol. :smt047

I am curious why we can't spy people on Ascended PPT, or who have been descended...

As far as the spying and such goes it was how it was coded.
rankings are for you to find out. Although you will have some power already, it just needs to update itself, which happens twice a day, or turn, pretty sure its a day.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Sol wrote:
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2 wrote:Good job, Sol. :smt047

As far as the spying and such goes it was how it was coded.
rankings are for you to find out. Although you will have some power already, it just needs to update itself, which happens twice a day, or turn, pretty sure its a day.

lmao~ not THAT mysterious, silly!! :-P
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Are we going to find out what the new stuff means or the formulas that are being put into them?

God Offensive Capacity
God Diversion Power
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Erm why the heck was I rank 69, then rank 220 something and now rank 908/888 for those two new ranks...? :shock:

It was already unbelievable there were 200+ people bigger than my TOC, but now 900+ people... :lol:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”