help/user guide voting

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.

Choose which guide you want posted...

Poll ended at Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Vladamier's
25%
GameSquire's
50%
Ethereal Tassadar's
No votes
The Xeno's
25%
Sammael's
No votes
Myseri's
No votes

Total votes: 4
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

help/user guide voting

There are quite a few guides available now, so I'll leave it up to the community to decide, primary and a secondary votes available.
If anyone has a guide they want to be entered post it here and PM the link (or pm the link if its already posted somewhere). The voting wont be reset so the faster you post and send me the link the more chance you have.
I'm considering this a somewhat priority update so you will only have 3 days to vote before I close it off. Extensions may be a possibility, depending on the circumstance.
The winning guide will be looked over firstly of course.

I'm not locking the thread so you can discuss them here, hopefully it wont come to a chair throwing fest.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Re: help/user guide voting

A composite is my view

Vlad's is straight to the point informational on basic navigation and such but lacks expansion on starting

Squire's is really in depth on each aspect and could be incorporated in a advanced guide as to not over whelm players?

Sam's is more main focused leading up to perhaps ascending? More contributing to choices leading to ascending

I would squeeze the goodness out of these three and then proof read it and then section them into "Basics", "Advanced" and "Well what to do now?"
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Sol
Forum Addict

Don't forget this can't really be about showing them how to play every inch of the game, and how to work there way to the top, they have to play their own hand.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Xeno's.
The only one which isn't riddled with either excessive information, copy-pasted silliness or grammatical pain-causing folly.
I used it when I started playing ascended, and it has helped me a lot.

Good luck, Sol!
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

[BoT] Jason wrote:A composite is my view

Vlad's is straight to the point informational on basic navigation and such but lacks expansion on starting

Squire's is really in depth on each aspect and could be incorporated in a advanced guide as to not over whelm players?

Sam's is more main focused leading up to perhaps ascending? More contributing to choices leading to ascending

I would squeeze the goodness out of these three and then proof read it and then section them into "Basics", "Advanced" and "Well what to do now?"

Agree I just had a quick glance at all guides, some were too in depth for a novice. Need to apply the K.I.S.S principal.
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

What is the K.I.S.S.?
ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:

Agree I just had a quick glance at all guides, some were too in depth for a novice. Need to apply the K.I.S.S principal.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Rudy Pena wrote:What is the K.I.S.S.?
ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:

Keep
It
Simple
And
Stupid

Should be K.I.S.A.S.
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

[BoT] Jason wrote:
ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:

Keep
It
Simple
And
Stupid

Should be K.I.S.A.S.
Oh ok, thanks.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

[BoT] Jason wrote:
ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:

Keep
It
Simple
And
Stupid

Should be K.I.S.A.S.

I thought you didn't abbreviate either the In nor And
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

The guide isn't a permanent fixture, it can be altered over time and probably will be, so you can take them with a grain of salt.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”