Ascended Beta Bugs

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Ascended Beta Bugs

Since this update is apparantly going live, bugs or not, I want to open up a topic to discuss bugs we have encountered and whether or not they were fixed, or just swept under the rug.

As far as demi-gods go I personally experienced a ton of bugs. First there was the bug where every time I got a request from a tier 2 demi, I also got a tier 1 demi of the same name. And when you dismissed the tier 1 demi, the tier 2 went away as well. Apparantly that is fixed, but it has happened to me after it was fixed, so I don't know. Then there was the problem with the empty demi requests that caused me to get no more demi requests. Also, there is another issue with demis where no matter what you do, you always get the same demi. You can farm, you can hunt assassins, you can DM/DI, god quest, recon, or even assault directly but still also get the same demi type every time. Over 10k ATs i only ever got +assassin/-income. One time I got a +def/-assassin but over a few dozen demis that 1 different type is basically an outlier. There is some problem with calcs to cause someone to get only one type of demi no matter how the ATs were used. Hopefully this calculation problem is fixed before the server goes live.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

Re: Ascended Beta Bugs

:shock:

reports can go straight to me via the forum PM system or you can message ID: 773 ingame or send me an email at jamas89@hotmail.com
don't bother sending a message to admin either.

#-o

At least you've received requests... I haven't gotten one. :mad:

Image Image Image
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

I only received 2 when I assaulted someone with all the options...
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

requests ? demi-gods ?
is there somewhere one can read up on this particulair coming update?
a very bad hairdo
Angelis~
Forum Irregular

No there isn't. You could have signed up to be a tester for bugs and whatnot in which case you would have found out about it. Otherwise it was not supposed to be mentioned until Sol and/or Admin Jason was ready to release the information on said upcoming updates.

hokiehomeboy apparently can't read what's at the top of his Realm page on the dev server.

In my opinion, It isn't the testers place to announce updates to the rest of the server. Such updates with the magnitude of this one should only be announced by a Game Admin. However, I do believe that there should be a place for the testers to discuss the "testing" amongst themselves making finding what causes bugs and fixing them a whole lot simpler.

@Jason, I've done everything but personal attacks and yet have to receive 1 request.

Image Image Image
Drought
Forum Expert

it seems like a massive update, i've received some info from someone regarding it
but this update is kinda big
i thought there were only a few players playing ascended, and most that do, do because they dont want to get descended
why add a whole new element to the default gameplay ?

wouldnt it be better to tweak till the weirdness is somewhat gone ?
like with most of the strongest accounts up there, who have no stats whatsoever, and make most profit

the comestic updates are very welcome though
a very bad hairdo
Angelis~
Forum Irregular

I'd say there's between 80 and 120 active people that play ascended for the purposes of actually playing it and not just so they won't be descended.

Why add a new element to the gameplay? Many reasons could be said but I'll just say one. Change. Unless people like doing the same thing day in and day out for years on end. Hell this game will hit its 7 year mark in a few days.

What is this weirdness you speak of?

You say that the strong accounts sit stat less. Do you know why? The rank modifier. Personally I rather have stats constantly than sit stat less. But with the rank mod people who hold stats all the time are screwed over by the rank mod only giving them 60% of someones dmu when farming. Why should I be penalized for having stats? Its stupid. [-(

Image Image Image
Drought
Forum Expert

Angelis~ wrote:I'd say there's between 80 and 120 active people that play ascended for the purposes of actually playing it and not just so they won't be descended.

thats a slim few compared to the amount actually on that server with an active or semi active main account

Angelis~ wrote:Why add a new element to the gameplay? Many reasons could be said but I'll just say one. Change. Unless people like doing the same thing day in and day out for years on end. Hell this game will hit its 7 year mark in a few days.

main has hardly changed from what I can tell, apart from some cosmetic updates and some formula changes and has seem to be doing well in its long time span so far

Angelis~ wrote:What is this weirdness you speak of?

You say that the strong accounts sit stat less. Do you know why? The rank modifier. Personally I rather have stats constantly than sit stat less. But with the rank mod people who hold stats all the time are screwed over by the rank mod only giving them 60% of someones dmu when farming. Why should I be penalized for having stats? Its stupid. [-(

yeah, that weirdness !
finding a good solution to that will probably make the ascended game far more interresting

I dont know what other details the update entangles, but, can we expect accounts with hardly any stats going after these demi things and using them in their favour ? giving them an even greater edge of lower players ?
just curious, I would hate to see effort spent on updating ascended, going to favouring strong accounts, giving them another edge over lower/weaker ones
a very bad hairdo
Angelis~
Forum Irregular

Whether there is 5 people playing it or 500 its still people that enjoy playing it. It's wrong to justify what updates should or shouldn't be added based on the number of people actively playing it. If people don't want to play it then don't and let the rest of us enjoy the ascended server.

Main hasn't changed? :shock: lol I don't know long you've been playing but for me its been almost 7 years. Main has changed a hell of a lot in those 7 years. Some updates were great some questionable.

Why can't the rank mod just be removed? :smt017 People will still sit stat less if they want to but now they don't have to if they wish to play with stats. I'd rather have an income AND farm not just farm.

Im calling it a night. Have a good one.

:smt099

Image Image Image
Drought
Forum Expert

your right about that one, sadly it does effect all those that semi play it too
i gueess the effects of such updates should be evaluated in hind sight, not too much to go on pre-emptivly

from what I read in the updates log, generally big changes happened early on, quite a few smaller ones later to tailor needs and wishes regarding effects and interaction (formulas)

getting rid of the rank mod would be a great start =D

night
a very bad hairdo
Sol
Forum Addict

hokiehomeboy wrote:Since this update is apparantly going live, bugs or not

It won't go live until I fix known bugs.
hokiehomeboy wrote:I want to open up a topic to discuss bugs we have encountered and whether or not they were fixed, or just swept under the rug.

?????
so you decided to make a topic to talk about whether or not I fix bugs, towards a whole forum when only a 20 or so people are testing it out, even though no one really needs to know or cares about it, and there are plenty of ways to talk to me about it.
hokiehomeboy wrote:As far as demi-gods go I personally experienced a ton of bugs.

There is a reason why i asked for testers #-o
hokiehomeboy wrote:Then there was the problem with the empty demi requests that caused me to get no more demi requests.

So because you got nothing, out of chance, you assumed something must be wrong. lol.

As far as the other stuff, i looked into it yesterday and I changed some things to accommodate some calculations. anyway...thread on the forums....wanting to discuss bugs on an update only 20 odd people know with a whole forum... is there anything else you want to say to get some more attention from users? I gave you several ways to contact me anyway.

@angelis, hokiehomeboy does know how to contact me, infact he has, and we have talked about some bugs and some probabilities already, i think he just got an urge to make an irrelevant thread on the forum to gain some attention.

@ duck dogers, I try my best to keep things fair for both strong and weak, but in the end the stronger accounts will always benefit from practically everything because they are the ones that actually do things to be where they are (ascended anyway, in main people usually spend a bit of $), but then again its the weaker accounts that need to aim to be a stronger one, without the need for help all over. Otherwise it would just defeat the purpose in making them stronger.

Hokie, you have several channels to catch me if you need to. It would be stupid enough of me (let alone admin) to release an update like this, riddled with known bugs, although i could almost guarantee no matter how many i fix and how perfect i get it when i release it to live someone will find a bug.
To help paranoid people ease their mind (that this update will destroy the game), i have created the update with a master kill switch, so if it goes awry admin can kill it off quickly.

Ascended just needs spicing up a bit, it really had only two things going for it, farm to gain some decent levels, to defend and descend. This update will drive some activity, get the blood flowing, and if it pans out well we can add another linkage to main with it. Not only that but it will finally give some deprived diversity around ascended.

/thread
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”