New Dimension to Ascended its LIVE

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: New Dimension to Ascended its LIVE

Julietta Putina wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:wow! so basically people could sell weapons at the old price and get quadrillions of DMU? That is rather lame! Weapons prices should have been adjusted with the update.
The opposite (selling prices did go up), but it produced the same result. Buy low pre-update, sell high post-update. Same effect. :)

I presume this 'exploit' wasn't intended by admin. I'm sure people who didn't buy weapons would be pissed. Ok yeah some are going to say too bad, their loss, but the fact is alot of players might have realised that weapon prices would change, but didn't take any steps to 'take so called advantage' because they EXPECTED, as is reasonable, that the prices would be automatically adjusted. Tbh, instead of the weapon prices being affected, DMU income should have been adjusted to the appropriate rate...of course leading to an adjustment on dmu conversion and so on.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
Sol
Forum Addict

SSG EnterTheLion wrote:I presume this 'exploit' wasn't intended by admin.

It wasn't intended by neither of us. Although you think that obvious.
That being said when admin comes back i made a temp fix for it, anyone with over 2 bill weps will revert back to the original (or close to) the wep selling costs. And just revert to the backups for weapon replacements and such.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
cryx warcaster
Fledgling Forumer
Race: CRYX
ID: 100966

Sol wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote:I presume this 'exploit' wasn't intended by admin.

It wasn't intended by neither of us. Although you think that obvious.
That being said when admin comes back i made a temp fix for it, anyone with over 2 bill weps will revert back to the original (or close to) the wep selling costs. And just revert to the backups for weapon replacements and such.

=D> =D>
THE DRAGON FATHER CALLS
Sol
Forum Addict

Game will be down temporarily, admin and i have come up with a better fix (but as per usual it will involve a roll back). Everyones weapons will be converted into the new ones via the cost differences, e.g if you bought 100 weapons for 1 bill before the update and the new costs for the same weapon were 0.5 bill per weapon, you would then get 2 of the same weapons.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

so some people's defences and strikes will just drop, farm fest after updates then
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

good call rocky :shock:
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Sol
Forum Addict

yea true, ok i think it would be easier to just revert back to original costs, that way we only have to revert the select few who sold their weapons.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

that kind of thinking screws people over, takes mere seconds of using your brain to imagine the consequences of changes... it really isn't rocket science...
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Sol
Forum Addict

Rocky wrote:that kind of thinking screws people over, takes mere seconds of using your brain to imagine the consequences of changes... it really isn't rocket science...

The amazing part about it is i had stacks of testers, put it up on the forum and all that crap, and no one else spotted out the loophole, even the select few who knew about it, and didn't even bother to buy weapons for it, didn't say anything ;) .
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
emolution
Fledgling Forumer

how abouyt just adding in a new more powerful weapon thats worth the higher price... without changing hte lower 1s... would completly eliminate the dmu issue but i myself have sold dmu on occasion and stockpiled defence weapons to do so... and you adjust the price in some respects i find it fair on the roll back but why should those who had billions of weapons and sold them be punished... because they made some dmu??? its not like people would of got many lvls... (lower less active players excluded)
Sol
Forum Addict

game on!

Luckily there was only a few hours of activity, updates are the same, except weapons are back to normal price for now.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

emolution wrote:how abouyt just adding in a new more powerful weapon thats worth the higher price... without changing hte lower 1s... would completly eliminate the dmu issue but i myself have sold dmu on occasion and stockpiled defence weapons to do so... and you adjust the price in some respects i find it fair on the roll back but why should those who had billions of weapons and sold them be punished... because they made some dmu??? its not like people would of got many lvls... (lower less active players excluded)

Max anyone made from weapons being sold was about 418 quad, a bit unfair seeing as the user got it for free. It was how they made the dmu anyway, by exploiting an update.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

I look forward to testing this update more since you removed* my beta account and made changes to the calculations :)

It looks like fun!
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

hokiehomeboy wrote:I look forward to testing this update more since you banned my beta account and made changes to the calculations :)

It looks like fun!

everyone who was a beta had there log in info reset or changed.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Rudy Pena wrote:
hokiehomeboy wrote:I look forward to testing this update more since you banned my beta account and made changes to the calculations :)

It looks like fun!

everyone who was a beta had there log in info reset or changed.

Mine happened days before it went live for reasons that some want left in PMs and logs on a server I was denied access to ;)
Last edited by hokiehomeboy on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”