New Dimension to Ascended its LIVE

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

New Dimension to Ascended its LIVE

It will be released in roughly 48 hours from this message.

There is a large update sprinkled with smaller ones coming up, I'll explain as best as I can the major one, followed by the actual 'game update' list section with it in which provides a dot point explanation which is easier to understand, it will probably be easier to grasp when you see it.

The core focus is Demi-Gods (demigods, Demigods, Demi-gods w.e), demi's are not just half ascended beings, but can include high class intellectuals and/or fighters. Each has their own reason they search, watch, and are drawn to a master/commander (call it what you will).
Each has a heightened ability they can provide to an ascended god, however as you provide resources to the demi to utilize their ability there is also a downfall in another section of your realm. So each demi will have a good and bad ability.

Now due to the nature of objects from parallel universes, two of the same kind of objects, take for instance two people, will be naturally repelled from each other, in which case the likelihood of you finding a twin to the demi you have is practically a void.

Although this raises the question, can demi's be different? Yes, each demi CAN have a different ability set. They also have a tier and skill level, skill levels are based on how long you have had a demi under your control for (in essence how much they have learned from you) and tier levels are the raw knowledge of the demi up until the point you find them, essentially a demi-gods tier level can vary from ones you have known or seen from time to time (some universes have a faster timeline than others due some events not occurring etc, in which case so demi's have increased intelligence, or better/honed natural abilities).
A higher tier level indicates the demi has a higher base ability. After a demi has been under your influence for some time, you can increase the demi's ability (slightly) by upgrading their skill level by buying them better equipment, knowledge centers etc, the increase generally pales in comparison to a tier level.

On that note their are currently 5 tier levels, and a max of 3 skill levels, as you might have guessed the greater the tier level the harder it is to find.

Which brings us to the next point, how do you find them Mr. Sol?
They find YOU, logically though you can 'show off' by attacking, recon, DM, DI...basically any form of attack. Don't expect to get a horde of them to show up at your door though within a few attacks. It might take you a day, or even just one hit, to find one. They will message you through the ingame PM system, and you can follow it up by going to 'your demi-gods' on the sidebar navigation.

In-fact some demi's have been known to merc themselves out at the cosmic trade, so head over there every so often to check, and you may find an auction on.

On a more real note, depending how this pans out, i was going to make an arena 'death match' for demis who want to find the greatest raw strength and skill/strategy of the best ascending being, even further making some demi-god battling system, who like the old 'beat me and i will be yours' ideal (also possibly linking this to main so some demi-gods effect main accounts).

this is what the game updates will roughly say:

2012 January

-------=== The Era of Demi-Gods! ===------

On your journey through realms and galaxies, during battles, wars, reconnaissance, God Questing, Descending and such, many races watch and some people measure, at your skill or speed, and even the honor wrought during the event.

Some entities (half gods if you will) search for people, to aid them in their quest, or for a home, for a master, or purely by nature or what 'God wills'.

I'll attempt to explain it to allow the new users to grasp the concept faster, and further divulge in a bit of detail and probability for people who want to know things...

* The term Demi-God can include anything from a half ascended entity, to a very strong or intellectual person.
* Each Demi-God has an ability and a disadvantage, there are numerous abilities, some are very powerful, some are tactical, some are what you probably would expect, and some are something you would have never anticipated.
* Demi-Gods will find you, in any battle (attack to a destroy military to an ascended attack), they are more likely to have an ability in the surroundings you use, e.g you are more likely to find a Demi-God with an increase in attack, when you are attacking than what you would be God Questing.
* Demi-Gods have two other imperitive things, a tier level and a skill level, tier's designate how powerful the Demi-God is (and therefore rarity, coloured coded with their alias/name as well) and skill level indicates how knowledgeable a Demi-God is; after you have had the Demi-God in your possession for sometime you will be presented with the option in buying better equipment and stores of knowledge for them (upgrade skill level), which in turn increases their ability, but only slightly, albeit permananently. Mind you this will also increase their disadvantage.
* Demi-Gods cannot be taken away from you unless you remove them from your presence (or otherwise said in another update).
* When a Demi-God wants to join you, they will send you a request via the ingame PM system.
* You can view, remove, and see requests in the Demi-God page.
* You can only choose your equipped Demi-Gods once every day, you can equip only 3.
* You can only choose 6 Demi's to be in constant contact with.
* You can only have a maximum of 6 Demi requests, anymore and no Demi will send you one.
* Requests will be removed by the Demi after 3 days with no warning.
* Requests can stop being received via the ingame PM by going to "change details/preferences" in the realm page, and turning it off from there.
* Occasionally there will be a Demi-God who decides to merc themselves out in cosmic trade, an auctioning system has been set up to accomodate this.
* Occasionally there will be a Demi-God who chooses they want an arena match, an arena will be set up whereby you win by destroying all other participants defences (or designated action).
* Due to the nature of repulsion between objects from parallel universes, having a Demi-God will repel all parallel versions of it, until you get rid of it you have no chance of finding another, with or without a better tier or skill set.
* Also because of the raw nature of parallel universes, you might come across a Demi with the same name, but different Tier level or ability set, although some Demi-Gods have a semi-permanent role in universe (you could call it pivitol) and as such they only have 1 set of abilities, these ones have the rarest of abilities.

Probabilities, details, I'll shove them in points for an easy read...
* Obviously, the higher the tier the harder it is to find.
* The more lucrative the ability, the harder it is to find. (as of time of development there were 14 different skills each with their own disadvantage, which can increase at any time)
* Some abilities may require you to do something first, or you may only be able to get them one way.
* Some abilities only have a possibilty to be gained if the demi was chosen to be at a certain tier level.
* Arena's, auctions etc, don't guarantee you will be the only person to have that Demi-God, or skill set, however some warning may be given if the Demi will be 'one of a kind'.
* The framework of the idea is largely durable, things can change easily and I'm quite sure they will.
* You will be penalised (in tier form) if you are up against an action that is significantly smaller than yours, e.g if you have a 80 quad attack and go for someone who has a defence of 10 quad, you may still find a Demi, but the max tier it could possibly be may only be tier 1.
* Infact you will have to have a set action to be able to have a chance to gain a Demi-God with a certain tier level. e.g 20 q attack may only let you have a possibility to gain a max tier 2.
* At of this moment in time, typing the updates right now ( about 5-6 days before I assume this will launch) there are roughly over 30,000 calculated permutations/combinations of Demi-Gods and skill sets.
Mind you that number is purely for ones that you could encounter while attacking etc. Opening up the full set there are about 40,000 possible combinations, and it will grow soon.

-----===============-----------
* the most hostile people in the top 10, has been changed, it will calculate hostility based around how many turns is used as well now.
* checkbox was added when converting turns to a name change so users dont hit the button 'by accident' wink wink nudge nudge.
* you can now see the relations of another person towards you in the stats page (as it is on main).
* quick attack buttons now co-exist with is, namely recon, attack and destroy military, each using maximal amounts.
* costs for weapons are adjusted to a more reasonable and 'real' amount.
* 1/5th, 5x rule bugs are now cleared.
* you can now god quest people you are at peace with.
* due to the increase in weapon cost, the attack multiplier has been disabled for now, although it still may be altered and used.

Questions, comments, ideas, love?
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sanguis Sicarius
Forum Regular
Alliance: Dark Dominium
Race: Samurai
ID: 5054012

Re: New Dimension to Ascended Going Live in 48 hrs

=D>
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Wrong section, off we go...
Image ImageImageImage
Drought
Forum Expert

great effort, but i would think this makes the learning curve for ascended a bit more higher
also, to me it would seem that the small few that are active, get more bonusses
i do hope there are no demi gods that assist in descending someone

something else, how do these demi gods assisiting in battle relate to gatewars, i seen quite a few episodes, but this doesnt realy ring a bell ?

last question, when you hardly have stats, or no stats at all, do you loose the demi god quicker, or directly ?
that would be a good addition :)
a very bad hairdo
Sol
Forum Addict

Duck Dodgers wrote:great effort, but i would think this makes the learning curve for ascended a bit more higher

So? Just about anything i do, actually everything i do for ascended, requires the user to learn a bit more. Once you see it you will grasp the idea quickly anyway, its pretty straight forward.

Duck Dodgers wrote:also, to me it would seem that the small few that are active, get more bonusses
i do hope there are no demi gods that assist in descending someone

1. What do you expect? For me to hand out bonuses, DMU and turns to people that do nothing? It will never work like that, it will roll with new and old players easily, and ones that can be bothered playing. In which case it works with how ascended is structured already.

2. There are many things for and against the aspects of ascended. The only thing that 'helps' with ascended in the slightest is an increase in TOC, although it's classed as a prestigious ability, thus making it harder to get. There is a counterpart to this though. And %'s have been scaled to abilities accordingly.
Duck Dodgers wrote:something else, how do these demi gods assisiting in battle relate to gatewars, i seen quite a few episodes, but this doesnt realy ring a bell ?

do you mean relate to stargate the show?
Duck Dodgers wrote:last question, when you hardly have stats, or no stats at all, do you loose the demi god quicker, or directly ?

The only way (currently) a user can loose a demi is uy them removing it (deleting or refusing request), i was originally going to make it so if a user A attacks user B say quite a few times and each time user B defends the attack, then there would be a slight possibility that user A would respectively loose a demi-god. However i scrapped that idea, it didn't flow.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Drought
Forum Expert

thanks for the replies

it looks straight forward enough, thats true

and yes, I do mean from the show yeah.

how many of these demi gods can one have ?
a very bad hairdo
pipster2
Forum Newbie

Duck Dodgers wrote:and yes, I do mean from the show yeah.

A while back the game had a problem with copyright infringement so they changed it to just GateWars rather than StargateWars. It still contains elements of the show but has become a unique game and has a number of custom items which aren't related to the SG series at all.

Correct me if i'm wrong!
MajorLeeHurts
Major Pain

Love it SOL ! :smt050
Kaboomer wrote: "Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for. "
Rn5ho
Forum Elite
Race: Shugo

if only main had a dev as active as SoL...
Sol
Forum Addict

Duck Dodgers wrote:and yes, I do mean from the show yeah.

There is no direct connection (just like 70% of the stuff in the game), but it does play on races, familiar faces sometimes and such. Not to mention fitting in well, even if it doesn't happen in sg, although who says it doesn't? We don't see every ascended being, and what they do.

Duck Dodgers wrote:how many of these demi gods can one have ?

* You can only choose your equipped Demi-Gods once every day, you can equip only 3.
* You can only choose 6 Demi's to be in constant contact with (which will probably change)
* You can only have a maximum of 6 Demi requests, anymore and no Demi will send you one
* Requests will be removed by the Demi after 3 days with no warning.

by equipped it means on those will actively use their abilities.
So at an instantaneous moment you have the possibility of holding 12 demi's, although 6 will be removed after 3 days (the ones in the request section).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Do they have names?
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Sol
Forum Addict

yes, and stories.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
d3stroyer_69
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: lonewolfs
Race: UnKnown of tolah
ID: 1943805

hey any chance of refilling turns when this goes live :-D
Sol
Forum Addict

lol no.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sol
Forum Addict

As it turns out there is a nice cosmetic update that I just implemented with the others, if people don't like it its fine, i can turn it back to how it was. It will need some further work, but im too tired to care right now so it can wait.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”