Discussion/ideas/updates for next round of tournament

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Discussion/ideas/updates for next round of tournament

This is a thread to suggest updates for the arena (not bug fixes).

Things that will be implemented:
-Prize for the first person out
-Prize for the most slaughters (in the case of the draw, the person who survived the longest will win)
-Countdown for the 12 hours before being forced in to the arena
- Link to the guidelines etc
- Addition of attack and intel logs, lagged by 6 hours, viewable by everyone.
- planets gained on a kill will be a % of planets killed from a player, the kill is earned by the person who kills, the planets will awarded to the person who has done the most damage in a 24 hr period AND has attacked the person who was killed within a period of 1 hour.
- To relieve dead lock situations, after there are 10 users in the arena, the person who has killed the least amount of planets is booted every 12 hours.
- After there is 10 people in the arena turns per turn will double (nearly 4k will be gained in one day).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Thel
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Cloud Village~
ID: 1946016

Re: Discussion/ideas/updates for next round of tournament

Set Everyone to the same Power levels, a few extra planets dont make a big enough difference.
Also ake the 2nd and 3rd prizes more worth entering for, in this one if you didnt win you would have been better off not entering...
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
War....war never changes.
Sol
Forum Addict

Thel wrote:Set Everyone to the same Power levels, a few extra planets dont make a big enough difference.

ya no.
The arena was never meant to be a balance EVERYTHING. I gave the planets out for people to have a chance, a helping hand, and it proved its worth since a newly ascended person managed to make it in the top ten. If they want to have it more 'easy' then they have to work to get there. Although i think too many planets were given out...i'll have to check it out later.
Thel wrote:Also ake the 2nd and 3rd prizes more worth entering for, in this one if you didnt win you would have been better off not entering...

Turn it into what? Pre-ordered pizza? Need a suggestion to go with the comment...
The idea of the arena is not fully prize oriented anyway, although i expect it to be for a few people. Even so i don't know why they need to be any better? It's not the winning prize, and it's better than nothing...I could do something like an increase in defence levels or something i suppose :-k
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Lebe
Forum Grunt

When there are many ppl, it could be impossible for attacker to hit his target 1 hour before kill. Especialy, when person is on critical and is phased after 8 attacks. 24 hours condition could be enough.

Maybe increasing number of attack before person would be phased, to be able to destroy def weapons in one TC?
Sol
Forum Addict

Lebe wrote:When there are many ppl, it could be impossible for attacker to hit his target 1 hour before kill. Especialy, when person is on critical and is phased after 8 attacks. 24 hours condition could be enough.

Maybe increasing number of attack before person would be phased, to be able to destroy def weapons in one TC?

24 hours is too long, people will just knock off a stack of planets on a person and then let some other person waste a stack of turns and a few planets only just to kill them.

Annnd i suppose i could but people still unphase quite fast, i think it's enough.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Thel wrote:Set Everyone to the same Power levels, a few extra planets dont make a big enough difference.
Also ake the 2nd and 3rd prizes more worth entering for, in this one if you didnt win you would have been better off not entering...

Right negate all the work others have done to build their accounts (yes this is the only account I have ever owned) So yeah, but no.

Especially since everyone is going to be gunning for me anyway. It doesn't matter what my planet count is because guess who knows how to actually play with the huge increase in levels. Yeah. Again. no.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Lebe wrote:When there are many ppl, it could be impossible for attacker to hit his target 1 hour before kill. Especialy, when person is on critical and is phased after 8 attacks. 24 hours condition could be enough.

Who wasn't able to destroy defense weapons in one turn change? It took me about 8 minutes to 0 a 40-50Q def on critical and about 1-2 mins to 0 a 30ishQ off crit. And still put hits on both before they phased.

Also it took a turn change to get my own defense 0'd. So no, there is no problem here.
Signature Here

Lebe
Forum Grunt

Sol wrote:

24 hours is too long, people will just knock off a stack of planets on a person and then let some other person waste a stack of turns and a few planets only just to kill them.

Annnd i suppose i could but people still unphase quite fast, i think it's enough.

It is not. Each day, there was one palyer, who tryed to eliminated me, but lucky for me, I was online.
You correctly mentioned both partys, I have right on my mind. In next tournament, there could be/will be 2 different winners. One winner of whole tournament (maybe player, who will be making dmg) and another player with highest kill count. Player, who is going after reward from kill, will be not wasting his resources to take of strong defences and player, who is going to win the first place, would not be bothering by taking out last 20M defenders. I think, we have found a balance
hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular

Sol wrote:

As far as phasing goes. It's a difference of 3 hits/turn in the arena or out. An OE Member built up so we got to run some tests today after i flattened his 70Q defense in about 2 mins.

In arena you get 8 15AT hits/turn after they are phased, in actual realm you get 5 15 AT hits. That is not really a significant difference in phasing IMO. Not when a tourney with 80 members takes a week to finish, imagine one with 100 members. Though to be honest phasing is not necessarily the only problem with the arena. There are plenty of other problems. But, let's face it, more people will want to join after all of this I assume since those I know who didn't join look forward to the next. I imagine even more will want to join once they learn that the strongest player from the last tourney will not be entering another.
Signature Here

HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

- 1:1 from the planets you Slaughters (Destroy, DI, DM, Atack), should be gained Next Turn Change if you kill > 100 bil Planets

- AT's regenerate x3 faster if your Attacks destroy >100 bil Planets for a period of 8 turn change
- No rewards on Killing People

- Prizes for EveryOne who is/was in Tournament
- Top 10 Planets Slaughters
- No Critical Set and No Phasing

We still have work to do, so, SGW it's not #1 priority. So don't force me to do something that I don't need to do it, urgent.
- No Special prize for the First Out or Most Slaughters
- No Intel/Attacks Logs viewable by everyone
Last edited by HgE on Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lebe
Forum Grunt

At the end of tournament, there could be at least a warning.... or something, that will says "it is over". After sergeant have been eliminated, I countinued massing him in normal ascended, because I did not know, that we are outside arena already.

Maybe to automaticaly log off both persons, when it is over?
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

No critical set and No phasing this needs to be brought in....i massed quite a few defences down to next to nothing in the early stages only for them to be phased out...then somebody else would get the kill as i was offline doing something else...Also when we get down to the last 10 why not bring in a 24 or 48 hour clock ticking down to zero and every X amount of hours the person who is ranked at the bottom get's thrown out the tournament =D>
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Phasing worked well in my opinion. It had a decent balance appart from the kill stealing which SoL is dealing with. It was fairly quick to do big damage to somebody if they were offline but also gave them enough of a chance to come on and repair a little. I like the tactical play this brought into the arena. It should not be a MASS EVERYTHING IN TWO SECONDS festival it should be CAREFULLY MASS EVERYYTHING WHILE PLAYING WITH SOME INTELLIGENCE OVER THE COURSE OF FIVE DAYS festival.

SoL, loving your ideas- just make sure first player only gets a boobie prize :-D

As SoL and hookie said: no.

As for 2nd and 3rd prizes- I would suggest a planet bonus as the only other way to get planets is over time and this would make the 2nd and 3rd place somethingr really worth fighting for not something that could be useful. Perhaps one day's FULL income of your CER? I think I'm probably barking up the wrong tree but its a suggestion.

HgE wrote:- 1:1 from the planets you Slaughters (Destroy, DI, DM, Atack), should be gained Next Turn Change if you kill > 100 bil Planets

- AT's regenerate x3 faster if your Attacks destroy >100 bil Planets for a period of 8 turn change
- No rewards on Killing People

- Prizes for EveryOne who is/was in Tournament
- Top 10 Planets Slaughters
- No Critical Set and No Phasing

We still have work to do, so, SGW it's not #1 priority. So don't force me to do something that I don't need to do it, urgent.
- No Special prize for the First Out or Most Slaughters
- No Intel/Attacks Logs viewable by everyone

I disagree with pretty much all your suggestions I'm afraid.

Lebe wrote:At the end of tournament, there could be at least a warning.... or something, that will says "it is over". After sergeant have been eliminated, I countinued massing him in normal ascended, because I did not know, that we are outside arena already.

Maybe to automaticaly log off both persons, when it is over?

Yes. I can sympathise as during the "kick out" bugs i kept attacking some guy in main as well :-D

nightlight wrote:No critical set and No phasing this needs to be brought in....i massed quite a few defences down to next to nothing in the early stages only for them to be phased out...then somebody else would get the kill as i was offline doing something else...Also when we get down to the last 10 why not bring in a 24 or 48 hour clock ticking down to zero and every X amount of hours the person who is ranked at the bottom get's thrown out the tournament =D>

without critical and phasing the tourney would be over far too quickly. SoL is trying to deal with kill stealing in another manner. And not having phasing would still enable people to steal kills. Perhaps with more ease?
I disagree with the bottom person being kicked out as it will be the people that are putting in effort that are likely to be at the bottom and who could have as much chance succeeding as anyone else- Take Stranger sitting on his 20q defense for a few days. The kicking out of least agressive player is much more fun!
HgE
Forum Regular
Alliance: Tauri Ålliance
Race: System Lord
ID: 102298

Jim wrote: I like the tactical play this brought into the arena. It should not be a MASS EVERYTHING IN TWO SECONDS festival it should be CAREFULLY MASS EVERYTHING WHILE PLAYING WITH SOME INTELLIGENCE OVER THE COURSE OF FIVE DAYS festival.

It should MASS EVERYTHING IN TWO DAYS.
Cause this is only purpose of the term: "slaughters" in this game. :smt060 (my opinion)

Jim wrote:I disagree with pretty much all your suggestions I'm afraid.

Good you don't agree with me. :smt050

If we play Carefully mass, then could be an Assassination Game but, again you lose more than you do the damage, so neither Slaughters or Assassination is the term to define this Arena.
Thel
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Cloud Village~
ID: 1946016

Sol wrote:
Thel wrote:Also make the 2nd and 3rd prizes more worth entering for, in this one if you didnt win you would have been better off not entering...

Turn it into what? Pre-ordered pizza? Need a suggestion to go with the comment...
The idea of the arena is not fully prize oriented anyway, although i expect it to be for a few people. Even so i don't know why they need to be any better? It's not the winning prize, and it's better than nothing...I could do something like an increase in defence levels or something i suppose :-k

I dont know what prizes, but 2k AT? I could have made that outside the arena in 2 days, 4k, same but just a little longer ](*,)

Also you stop producing income and undeveloped planets while your in the arena, so if you enter and dont come top 3 you lose out on the AT DMU & UU that you would have got normally, if you come 2nd or 3rd you just lose out on the DMU & UU, your basically being punished for not winning :smt086
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
War....war never changes.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”