Demi-gods, review + QnA

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Drought
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Re: Demi-gods, review + QnA

Sol wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:Point is, I only have 2 atm ... the first two ones I got, I still got them .. I had received 4 after them ... and eventually deleted them 4 a couple of weeks ago .. no new requests after that.

Can it be that something went fubar and its not working atm ?

It's about as likely as admin removing the black market.

:s pooor comparrison ...
You are talking about someone removing something fully functional and benificial from a product as opposed to you perhaps having made a mistake in the programming.

As you have told me a couple of times now, 'Nothing has changed in the way you can aqcuire a demi request since it was released'.

Now, if I look at what occured in the last weeks, I see a total different pattern in receiving requests then it was at the start.
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Of course not. You have received 6 demis. It is only reasonable that a 7th would be extremely rare.
Deleting them does not mean you have found 'less' demis. You 'use' less, but you still found 6 demis.

Be happy you have demis. :( :-D
Drought
Forum Expert

T-X wrote:Of course not. You have received 6 demis. It is only reasonable that a 7th would be extremely rare.
Deleting them does not mean you have found 'less' demis. You 'use' less, but you still found 6 demis.

Be happy you have demis. :( :-D

Indeed :D I am ..

But I can imagine those only having found 1 or two .. or even none (check other thread) they are not as happy ;)
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Demis are the prize in a game of chance. [-X You win some, you lose some, and sometimes your ticket is just worthless. :P
Rabbid Thom
Wascawwy Wabbit
Alliance: General - Battle/FAQ Mods
Race: Rabbid
ID: 7905

i have no demi gods
well first day back after about 4 months but still gotta catch up what do these things actually do and how do you get em?
Sol
Forum Addict

Duck Dodgers wrote:
Sol wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:Point is, I only have 2 atm ... the first two ones I got, I still got them .. I had received 4 after them ... and eventually deleted them 4 a couple of weeks ago .. no new requests after that.

Can it be that something went fubar and its not working atm ?

It's about as likely as admin removing the black market.

:s pooor comparrison ...
You are talking about someone removing something fully functional and benificial from a product as opposed to you perhaps having made a mistake in the programming.

As you have told me a couple of times now, 'Nothing has changed in the way you can aqcuire a demi request since it was released'.

Now, if I look at what occured in the last weeks, I see a total different pattern in receiving requests then it was at the start.

It's a probability based comparison, and as you blatantly pointed out that the chances of admin removing it are null. Thus the chances of a mistake in the programming is nearly null.
Perhaps you're also forgetting the general idea of chance? It implies that over an infinite amount of attempts you will find 1 demi god out of 50 or whatever i said, full turn attacks. Doesn't mean you will literally get 1 demi god for every x amount of attacks, or 2 in 2x, 3 in 3x etc.
I know of a person that managed to get 2 demis within a single farm run, and some that have tried to date but have never found one.

Now if you have been farming every week shooting off about 750 turns every day (5k+ over the week), successing in each hit, and attacking against a defence that is close to yours each time, i would consider looking into it.

FTR last demi was found on: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:00:11 GMT
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Drought
Forum Expert

I farmed all turns generated per day, and some other hits, no critical, for those last weeks.
a very bad hairdo
Sol
Forum Addict

Duck Dodgers wrote:I farmed all turns generated per day, and some other hits, no critical, for those last weeks.

crap all defence i suppose?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Duck Dodgers wrote:I farmed all turns generated per day, and some other hits, no critical, for those last weeks.
You say that.. most of those probably had 0 defence?

Sol wrote:It's a probability based comparison, and as you blatantly pointed out that the chances of admin removing it are null. Thus the chances of a mistake in the programming is nearly null.
No, no. You reversed logic there. You comparing the chances of an unintentional occurrence to occur to the chances of an intentional occurrence to occur is absurd. :) Especially if you then use 'thus' as if to illustrate a correlation between those.
Sol wrote:Perhaps you're also forgetting the general idea of chance? It implies that over an infinite amount of attempts you will find 1 demi god out of 50 or whatever i said, full turn attacks. Doesn't mean you will literally get 1 demi god for every x amount of attacks, or 2 in 2x, 3 in 3x etc.
Win!
Sol wrote:I know of a person that managed to get 2 demis within a single farm run, and some that have tried to date but have never found one.
Can you make it so we can transfer demi's? :P (Without changing the 'collected' number, so still decreasing chances of finding a new one..)
Sol wrote:Now if you have been farming every week shooting off about 750 turns every day (5k+ over the week), successing in each hit, and attacking against a defence that is close to yours each time, i would consider looking into it.
Knowing Duckie, he has..
Sol wrote:FTR last demi was found on: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 15:00:11 GMT
:( I want one..
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

we should be able to sell them off or trade them ;)
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Sol
Forum Addict

trading is not going to happen, obvious reasons are obvious.
Selling them (as to make them disappear for dmu or something) may be an option to add (merc them out to beings in other realms?).

@juliette, the concept of admin removing the black market could side with either one, in any case it is still close to null. Pretty hard to not relate the probabilities anyway xD

On another note, I will put up another demi auction soon.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sol wrote:@juliette, the concept of admin removing the black market could side with either one, in any case it is still close to null. Pretty hard to not relate the probabilities anyway xD
This made enough sense to be accepted.
Sol wrote:On another note, I will put up another demi auction soon.
*regrets spending what little DMU she had*
Drought
Forum Expert

defences varied from zero to trillions ...
ranks from hundreds to thousands ....

Like I said ... I have been doing the same I did as I did in the beginning after the release of demis.
The only thing I can imagine that has been different is having entered the beta and most recent tourney.

Just tell J he can make money from Demi purchases and I wanna bet he suddenly wants to program a bit extra. (Trade market and black market)

Just imagine, buy a +4 turns generating Demi for only 50$ *pokes admin Jason*
a very bad hairdo
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Duck Dodgers wrote:

Just tell J he can make money from Demi purchases and I wanna bet he suddenly wants to program a bit extra. (Trade market and black market)

No. Go away. Stop playing. Spend your money on main please.

Also,
Just found my third demi \:D/
Edit: Just found my fourth. Its not broken :D

I think that they are balanced well for now at least.
Drought
Forum Expert

Jim wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:

No. Go away. Stop playing. Spend your money on main please.

Also,
Just found my third demi \:D/
Edit: Just found my fourth. Its not broken :D

I think that they are balanced well for now at least.

I never spent money [-(
a very bad hairdo

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”