Demi-gods, review + QnA

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Demi-gods, review + QnA

alright, it has been a stretch of time since the demi-gods have been released, so I think its about time to see what people think about the finer details and ask any related questions (I'll supply an answer, although weather it's what you are looking for may be a different matter entirely ;) ).

So more or less i want to know what people think about:
The stats the demi's give (bonuses etc), more importantly if its balanced or not.
how many demis people can hold (more or less or keep as is)
how many demis they can equip (more or less or keep as is)
max level they can be increased to + the cost of increasing them.
And anything i have missed that should be otherwise included for discussion.

Just remember this is a review, fresh ideas should have there separate thread in suggestions.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Re: Demi-gods, review + QnA

once i finally got the lil bugger to properly equip,
i have not tried to turn it off.
Bonus to Covert.
Cost to Attack...
But i usually stick to a puny strike anyway.
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

I have 2 demi gods and one is Tier: 3 Skill level: 2 with the following Ability:
Increased command star attack and defence--4.86%
Decreased covert--5.26%

And my second one is Tier: 1 Skill level: 3 with the following Ability:
Increased covert--5.13%
Decreased income--4%

When i upgraded my tier 3 one none of my stats went up but when i upgraded my level 1 demi my stats improved...my next level is going to cost me 11,340,000,000,000,000 Dark Matter Units but if they was no upgraded the last time around i don't see the point of spending all that DMU for nothing...is it just my rubbish demi god or is they a bug i don't know about ](*,)
Also i have used alot of turns and used every type of attack for the last few weeks and i have not been able to find anymore demi gods...I have decended over 11 people hoping to get a demi god that way but nothing...maybe you could make it so that you get a demi god if you deascend someone with a 1 in 10 chance of getting one.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

i upgraded one of mine once , then i just couldnt be bothered to put the dmu there as the % wasnt going to be game changing amount no matter how much i invested into the demi god

id say increase the % it does to + and -
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Guild wrote:i upgraded one of mine once , then i just couldnt be bothered to put the dmu there as the % wasnt going to be game changing amount no matter how much i invested into the demi god

id say increase the % it does to + and -

+1

and for the teirs why have a rarer Demi if all it does is plus AND minus more... why can't the plus be up and the minus be less doesn't make sense :-k
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Right now, Demis are fun to have, while not entirely game changing. This is good, because if they were game changing, they would be overpowered. Remember when planets were introduced in Main and people relied on planets alone to provide their strike? The way these demis are introduced, this kind of excess is prevented. I think Sol chose correctly. :)
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

i rejected the one i found , dont like any of them :)
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
Drought
Forum Expert

I found quite a few in the beginning ... I have not changed what how I play and have not found one in weeks.
a very bad hairdo
Sol
Forum Addict

I dont really give a crap about how often you find them, that wont change, or what ones you have.

@guild, i was considering the few options of what increases or decreases when a demi is updated, but i stuck with the dual increase, to actually get people thinking about how to use them.

As for the price and how much they actually increase, i didn't want to give them a major increase, as for the cost, well this is a permanent increase to whatever after all. Considering when you ascend you get an increase of 1% to all stats plus a bit for AB, after sacrificing a large amount of resources, then i don't see why you should start **Filtered** about the cost of half a farm runs worth of dmu, even if its just .5 of a percent for one stat ;)
Ya know you don't have to upgrade as well, if you think it's not worth it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Drought
Forum Expert

Sol wrote:I dont really give a crap about how often you find them, that wont change, or what ones you have.

Your a real piece of work ...

One of the things that realy sticks out concerning the demis ... of which you say you have NOT changed since the beginning ...

Sol wrote:how many demis people can hold (more or less or keep as is)

I dont know it, seems I can no longer find them/get requests.
a very bad hairdo
Sol
Forum Addict

Duck Dodgers wrote:One of the things that realy sticks out concerning the demis ... of which you say you have NOT changed since the beginning ...

If you dont know it then perhaps you should consider reading the updates of the game you play

* You can only choose 6 Demi's to be in constant contact with.
* You can only have a maximum of 6 Demi requests, anymore and no Demi will send you one.

If you have 6 then you wont receive anymore.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Drought
Forum Expert

Sol wrote:
Duck Dodgers wrote:One of the things that realy sticks out concerning the demis ... of which you say you have NOT changed since the beginning ...

If you dont know it then perhaps you should consider reading the updates of the game you play

* You can only have a maximum of 6 Demi requests, anymore and no Demi will send you one.

Yrs it is realy in reading the updates :\
How about, if not everyone has 6 we cant realy judge its effect IF you have 6.

I had 6 over a month ago ... deleted 4 useless ones (weeks ago) .. never got requests for new.

It was from one day to another, first I got a request every other day, and suddenly I didnt got requests anymore.

I mentioned this to you weeks ago too. And still did not get any new requests in the mean time.
Its not that I need or want or must have new ones....

It just stuck out majorly that one week I got one every other day ... and now (for weeks) I cant find any anymore ...
a very bad hairdo
Sol
Forum Addict

Duck Dodgers wrote:
Sol wrote:

Yrs it is realy in reading the updates :\
How about, if not everyone has 6 we cant realy judge its effect IF you have 6.

I had 6 over a month ago ... deleted 4 useless ones (weeks ago) .. never got requests for new.

It was from one day to another, first I got a request every other day, and suddenly I didnt got requests anymore.

I mentioned this to you weeks ago too. And still did not get any new requests in the mean time.
Its not that I need or want or must have new ones....

It just stuck out majorly that one week I got one every other day ... and now (for weeks) I cant find any anymore ...

When i had it on the beta, im pretty sure people would have spotted out a bug like that quite fast seeing as you could get a demi every 5 or so attacks.
Just remember the more you have the less likely you will find another, cant find two the same remember :roll:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Drought
Forum Expert

Point is, I only have 2 atm ... the first two ones I got, I still got them .. I had received 4 after them ... and eventually deleted them 4 a couple of weeks ago .. no new requests after that.

Can it be that something went fubar and its not working atm ?
a very bad hairdo
Sol
Forum Addict

Duck Dodgers wrote:Point is, I only have 2 atm ... the first two ones I got, I still got them .. I had received 4 after them ... and eventually deleted them 4 a couple of weeks ago .. no new requests after that.

Can it be that something went fubar and its not working atm ?

It's about as likely as admin removing the black market.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”