Ascended tournament Winner suggestions..

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Ascended tournament Winner suggestions..

I suggested this to admin in private but putting it up here..now the top 3 in every arena wins stuff..so I basically suggested that the winner of an arena misses the next 3, runner up misses the next 2, and 3rd misses the next one.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: Ascended tournament Winner suggestions..

Sounds silly to me. It would make me not want to win. I take part in the arena to have fun and they are pretty much my only motivation for playing ascended right now.

I assume your point is to stop one person or one set of people dominating? Stopping people from taking part because they are good is silly. Try harder, improve your account, recruit people to help you.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

i like the idea in theory , but you dont want to hold people back because they worked the mechanics and did better than others , that doesnt make sense
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
doc holliday
Forum Elite
Alliance: Unnatural Selection

Jim wrote:Sounds silly to me. It would make me not want to win. I take part in the arena to have fun and they are pretty much my only motivation for playing ascended right now.

I assume your point is to stop one person or one set of people dominating? Stopping people from taking part because they are good is silly. Try harder, improve your account, recruit people to help you.

This
Spoiler
Mathlord wrote:
doc holliday wrote:just don't come off ppt :smt071 :smt043
See what doc is really saying, is his six shooters tickle...until you die from it :D
Spoiler
prsko wrote:
SSG EnterTheLion wrote: As anyone who knows me knows, I never build up planets, if I steal a good one, so be it, but I never waste naq on a planet.
So that triple planet u bought was allready built up?
Or am I twisting your words like the rest?
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Guild wrote:i like the idea in theory , but you dont want to hold people back because they worked the mechanics and did better than others , that doesnt make sense

And whats to stop the winner from winning everytime? :shock:

Its no fun joining something when you know some could be winning all the time. :razz:
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

Rudy Pena wrote:
Guild wrote:i like the idea in theory , but you dont want to hold people back because they worked the mechanics and did better than others , that doesnt make sense

Its no fun joining something when you know some could be winning all the time. :razz:

Oh hi! Welcome to SGW for average players. Most people arnt going to win. Most people are able to have fun regardless :-k
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah

Honours and Awards

Jim wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

Oh hi! Welcome to SGW for average players. Most people arnt going to win. Most people are able to have fun regardless :-k

If you want to play the next arena..then don't play to win. Or just remove the rewards. (Although I'd think people would object to that as first two arena winners got rewards). This is not an attack on individuals or alliances, it's all about balance.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

I don't see the same person winning every time. You do good one round, the next round could be completely different based on what happens. If someone is good enough that they can win multiple rounds in a row while people are gunning for them, they deserve to win then.

This suggestion is like rank 1 being put on vacation for 6 months because they were too good, so that the weaker people have a chance to catch up. If someone keeps appearing at rank 1, I'm sure something will happen to them to stop them from being there.

Removing the rewards is about the only suggestion that is reasonable, and even that would cause the arena to not necessarily be as active due to there being no reason to do so, though it wouldn't penalize people for doing well.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

hokiehomeboy
Forum Regular
Alliance: Suicide Squad
Race: Hitman

Honestly ETL this is the saddest thing I believe I have ever seen come from you. Which is saying a lot from all of your previous posts.

It is so very sad people want to change the game when they just can't seem to find a way to win. I just hope your credit line isn't extended to the ascended realm anytime soon.
Signature Here
[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig3.jpg[/IMG]

Thank you Tweetygirl for the glorious siggy!

[IMG]http://terranfamily.win/sigs/tommy/TestSig2.jpg[/IMG]
Sol
Forum Addict

if you're afraid someone will win continuously just tag team with a mate and bring them down when they enter the arena.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Drought
Forum Expert

Sol wrote:if you're afraid someone will win continuously just tag team with a mate and bring them down when they enter the arena.

That would be most logical, and especiallly with the varrying starting times for each event.

There is but 1 thing from the rewards I am less fond off, and that is the demis which provide extra turn generation. These are hefty rewards which annually gives a bonus unlike any other.
And with the way the balancing works with levels vs extra planets ... its a tad unreasonable.

But thats just my thoughts on it.

From ETLs suggestion I can think of one slight adaption which might be more beneficial.... not allowing the same person to win twice in a row. But should be allowed to enter and become rank 2 or lower. This to prevent a team stacking up the most powerfull demis on 1 person.
a very bad hairdo
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Sol wrote:if you're afraid someone will win continuously just tag team with a mate and bring them down when they enter the arena.
Word. ;)
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Rudy Pena wrote:

if they are the best player with the best account then so be it, you dont see people on main complaining because they dont have the best account from the beginning :-D

i find that some people only talk to me when the arena has started to specifically be able to tag team people *cough jim *cough.... 8-[
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim
Pony Princess
Kishin

Guild wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

i find that some people only talk to me when the arena has started to specifically be able to tag team people *cough jim *cough.... 8-[

I get ronery.
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Jim wrote:
Guild wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

I get ronery.

Jim talks to everyone about tag teaming, the dirty girl.

Duck Dodgers wrote:From ETLs suggestion I can think of one slight adaption which might be more beneficial.... not allowing the same person to win twice in a row. But should be allowed to enter and become rank 2 or lower. This to prevent a team stacking up the most powerfull demis on 1 person.

Could be interesting if it made it if you won last round, you can't win this round. If you did make it to top 2, it would force the other person to knock you out within 2 days, or it's considered a tie and both people get 2nd. I don't necessarily think the person should automatically win 1st, just that the one who hasn't previously won can't get knocked out and the one who previously won has to "defend their title".
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”