using life force cache for the auction as well.

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Re: using life force cache for the auction as well.

Shouldn't a casual player get of their ass and be a good/better player before thinking about winning auctions?
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
~Thamuz~
Forum Expert

Angnoch wrote:doing that would hinder most casual players on ascended putting them further behind the curve, storing their dmu as LFC slows down their growth and allows the people that farm 20q+ a day to continue growing and outbidding the casual player who now has a harder time and is still playing catch up without winning anything ;) im not saying that the people who are active shouldnt be given the most chances because they are the ones dedicated enough to play for however many hours so they do deserve the higher % of getting a demi, but I farm a fair amount probably 10-20q a day (when I farm) which is paltry compared to what I have seen some people farming -_- and I still have yet to even see a demi. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it just seems like the more I work at it the less results I see >_<

SSG EnterTheLion wrote:It is a good idea..and the fact is there is always going to be a difference between a casual and a more serious player.

Perhaps give every fully ascended person 1 demi..with 0 stats..and as they activate it, random stats to start off..that way even a casual player will have a demi to start off.

now when you say fully ascended you mean the accounts that have reached unknown correct? If that is the case then I could see it being a worth while gesture as it would be almost like another bonus for reaching max ascensions on the ascended server which makes sense given the power you have as a fully ascended being

Don't worry Angnoch i farm my behind off on ascended and i haven't seen as much as a sniff from a Demi either. :smt017
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Stuart Gordon wrote:I'm thinking he means that casual players have got no life force cache to speak of and can't use their resources to bid big like the non-casual players.
The contribution any lfc makes is insignifcant to DMU. There's way more DMU.

That's what I think.

This is more what I was thinking. I have like 4 trill in cache. It comes from my casual play style. What frustrates me is the fact the auction is veiwable. So even if I bid my days/months/weeks of effort, some johnny-to-hotty see what I bid, then spends 8 hrs straight farming DMU to top me.

Maybe you should consider closed bids so no one knows what the other is bidding? That would make it more fair. Not to mention the DMU to LF conversion makes LF rather worthless in comparison as Stuart pointed out above.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Lore wrote:
Stuart Gordon wrote:I'm thinking he means that casual players have got no life force cache to speak of and can't use their resources to bid big like the non-casual players.
The contribution any lfc makes is insignifcant to DMU. There's way more DMU.

That's what I think.

This is more what I was thinking. I have like 4 trill in cache. It comes from my casual play style. What frustrates me is the fact the auction is veiwable. So even if I bid my days/months/weeks of effort, some johnny-to-hotty see what I bid, then spends 8 hrs straight farming DMU to top me.

Maybe you should consider closed bids so no one knows what the other is bidding? That would make it more fair. Not to mention the DMU to LF conversion makes LF rather worthless in comparison as Stuart pointed out above.

Closed bids? As in you don't see the maximum bid?
The DMU to LF conversion doesn't really do anything in this situation, the LF is considered to be roughly the same as DMU (with the exception of the small decrease as i said before that it's more riskier to farm and bid on the fly).
Basically, if you bid in LF it's 'converted' to DMU at close to the same rate, if you loose the auction it is converted back to LF at the same rate it was converted to DMU.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:
Closed bids? As in you don't see the maximum bid?
The DMU to LF conversion doesn't really do anything in this situation, the LF is considered to be roughly the same as DMU (with the exception of the small decrease as i said before that it's more riskier to farm and bid on the fly).
Basically, if you bid in LF it's 'converted' to DMU at close to the same rate, if you loose the auction it is converted back to LF at the same rate it was converted to DMU.

Yes.

If I did not win why would it take my LF and convert it to begin with? What exactly is the conversion rate? I thought you said it was like 1000 to 1?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Reason, youll get dead.
Sol
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:If I did not win why would it take my LF and convert it to begin with? What exactly is the conversion rate? I thought you said it was like 1000 to 1?

It is easier to understand like that, and it counts LF as....
(the worth will be around 1 LF to 8,500 DMU, still deciding).

So around there, it pretty much is up for debate however it should be slightly worth less, otherwise i might as well make all bidding be done in life force.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom

Honours and Awards

might be a good thing, but it would stop people from stealing the farmed DMU that is used to bid sooooooo

You didnt rely to the first part, that mean you dislike the idea? or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Reason, youll get dead.
Sol
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:might be a good thing, but it would stop people from stealing the farmed DMU that is used to bid sooooooo

You didnt rely to the first part, that mean you dislike the idea? or,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Both have their upsides and downsides, bidding with raw DMU is risky because it can be stolen as its farmed (or stored in weapons) and after when it's retreived. LF however is 'worth' less, but it has no risk of being stolen.

As for the first bit, well I might as well turn it into a lucky draw then :P.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
pc
Fledgling Forumer

using life force cache for the auction as well ....more people will be able to bid.
So it will be a better market for the demi.
In the past I never had the turns to farm up the needed DMU

This may help casual players ..dont see that it will hurt them.
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

I agree with pc, this helps casual players more than hinders them. What this effectively does is allow people to store DMU in LF cache instead of in weapons.

No-one bidding on the auction is just sat with the DMU out for it to be farmed lol they store it as (normally) defence weapons and sell them to bid on the demi.

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”