using life force cache for the auction as well.

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

using life force cache for the auction as well.

As per the title I will be allowing life force to be used for bidding on the auction, here is how it will look:
- The top bid will be shown in DMU.
- You will have the ability to bid EITHER DMU or LF at an instance (but not both simultaneously).
- LF will be 'worth' less than DMU, as at the end of the auction it will need to be converted (the worth will be around 1 LF to 8,500 DMU, still deciding).
- Upon the auction finishing you will have the ability to collect both DMU and LF, upon which DMU will be in the open as per usual and the life force will go back to the cache.
- life force will not be converted if you loose.

Basically, dmu to lf is a 10,000:1, you convert 10,000 DMU to gain 1 life force. When you bid in life force, say you bid 1 life force, it will be classed as 8,500 DMU, if you loose you will be able to get back that 1 life force. So the cheapest way would be to purely use DMU, greater risk better reward.

Another example:
Top bid is 50 quad, you want to beat it totally in life force, the min you can bid is 10% above (or something like that) so you need to bid 55 quad, the ratio is 8.5:10 so you need to increase 55 quad by 15%, so you need 63.25 quad DMU equivalently in life force (so you will need about 6.325 trill life force i think :-k )
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Gohan
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM HC
Race: Jem'hadar
ID: 1913240
Alternate name(s): Gohan, Hope, Kira, Vix, ~Xtr3m3_t14rgri4N.

Re: using life force cache for the auction as well.

Well... you made my head hurt, but nice idea.
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

you just made it impossible for a casual player to every win an auction, That's for sure.

I hope maybe you will allow those discarded Demi's to be easily obtainable to those who can never win a tourny, or an auction so they can have a Demi or 2. Seems rather sad a group of players get demi after demi and throw them away while others can't even get 1.
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Lore wrote:you just made it impossible for a casual player to every win an auction, That's for sure.

I hope maybe you will allow those discarded Demi's to be easily obtainable to those who can never win a tourny, or an auction so they can have a Demi or 2. Seems rather sad a group of players get demi after demi and throw them away while others can't even get 1.

+1

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

*Is part of the sad group*

+2
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Well thus far from what I can tell..SOL is doing what he wants to do and is ignoring the feedback from the players that are not in his little clique. KNOCK IT OFF SOL THINGS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DONE THE WAY YOU ARE DOING THEM.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
Massacre
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Dark Dominium
Race: DDE
ID: 1923635
Alternate name(s): ~Stiffy McBoing~

I dont care about demis for that matter, but point is valid, maybe if i had one, itd be worth it but as ascension hasnt dragged me in yet and everything is so expensive etc ... well ya
KJ wrote:indeed… people will fall in love with us and hate us at the same time
coz we'll be massing their accounts into oblivion
meanwhile they'll be staring at our perfect muscles
~Market Mod~
Mod Color
Huxley
Forum Elder

Jedi~Tank wrote:Well thus far from what I can tell..SOL is doing what he wants to do and is ignoring the feedback from the players that are not in his little clique. KNOCK IT OFF SOL THINGS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DONE THE WAY YOU ARE DOING THEM.

Not sure what gave you this impression he's listening to everyone who is giving feedback...
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Sol
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:you just made it impossible for a casual player to every win an auction, That's for sure.

I'm letting casual players use their life force for the auctions so they can farm and bank and use it, am I missing the part where it hinders them?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

I'm thinking he means that casual players have got no life force cache to speak of and can't use their resources to bid big like the non-casual players.
The contribution any lfc makes is insignifcant to DMU. There's way more DMU.

That's what I think.
Sol
Forum Addict

So casual players really have no chance in farming the dmu to bid, and the only way to help them would be to allow them to store it over time. So what's better, let the big players throw a bit more, and let the casual players have a chance sometime, or not at all.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

If you thinkn it's making a significant difference, then it's a good idea.
I'm a bit skeptical about the actual improvement, but it's your call. Won't hurt anyone anyway.
Sol
Forum Addict

that was the general idea behind it, there will always be those that can farm and buy quads of dmu in a few days to topple over all other bidders in the auction, and i didn't want to implement a bank, so i used the next best thing. As farming dmu on the spot to bid is usually a bit hard it deserves to gain a little more over anything that can be stored and untouched.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
SSG EnterTheLion
The Mane Mod & God Emperor of the Tolah

Honours and Awards

It is a good idea..and the fact is there is always going to be a difference between a casual and a more serious player.

Perhaps give every fully ascended person 1 demi..with 0 stats..and as they activate it, random stats to start off..that way even a casual player will have a demi to start off.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote:yep sorry not a bug i.m a noob :-D
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

doing that would hinder most casual players on ascended putting them further behind the curve, storing their dmu as LFC slows down their growth and allows the people that farm 20q+ a day to continue growing and outbidding the casual player who now has a harder time and is still playing catch up without winning anything ;) im not saying that the people who are active shouldnt be given the most chances because they are the ones dedicated enough to play for however many hours so they do deserve the higher % of getting a demi, but I farm a fair amount probably 10-20q a day (when I farm) which is paltry compared to what I have seen some people farming -_- and I still have yet to even see a demi. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it just seems like the more I work at it the less results I see >_<

SSG EnterTheLion wrote:It is a good idea..and the fact is there is always going to be a difference between a casual and a more serious player.

Perhaps give every fully ascended person 1 demi..with 0 stats..and as they activate it, random stats to start off..that way even a casual player will have a demi to start off.

now when you say fully ascended you mean the accounts that have reached unknown correct? If that is the case then I could see it being a worth while gesture as it would be almost like another bonus for reaching max ascensions on the ascended server which makes sense given the power you have as a fully ascended being
Spoiler

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”