update, go find!

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
BarelyAllen
Forum Expert
Alliance: Justice League
Race: Speedster
ID: 1996821
Alternate name(s): Amag

Re: update, go find!

Andy! wrote:Right, did some maths....

Power up to at least level 10 in every personal level, bar attack power and attack skill levels would cost me: 64,033,311,316,177 LF.
64,033,311,316,177 LF = 640,3,331,131,617,700,000 DMU
^That is probably wrong. I suck at maths.
[spoiler]Energy Attack Power Level from 988 to 988 will cost 0 Life Force.
Energy Attack Skill from 987 to 987 will cost 0 Life Force.
Energy Absorbtion Power from 815 to 825 will cost 770,642,964,249 Life Force.
Energy Absorbtion Skill from 815 to 825 will cost 770,642,964,249 Life Force.
Energy Repulsion Strength from 805 to 815 will cost 656,971,036,823 Life Force.
Personal Constitution from 810 to 820 will cost 711,714,893,208 Life Force.
Energy Flow Ability from 805 to 815 will cost 656,971,036,823 Life Force.
Energy Channeling Skill from 810 to 820 will cost 711,714,893,208 Life Force.
Maximum Natural Energy Capacity from 1,034 to 1,054 will cost 49,991,231,624,164 Life Force.
Outward Charisma from 935 to 945 will cost 4,552,764,972,982 Life Force.
Production Capacity from 1,373 to 1,383 will cost 643,188,712,786 Life Force.
Physical Realm Attack Power from 1,500 to 1,510 will cost 2,530,067,565,086 Life Force.
Physical Realm Defence Strength from 1,443 to 1,453 will cost 1,531,387,139,583 Life Force.
Physical Realm Covert Capacity from 1,500 to 1,510 will cost 2,530,067,565,086 Life Force.
Physical Realm Assassin Prowess from 1,502 to 1,512 will cost 2,574,139,400,454 Life Force.[/spoiler]

Just put in a ridiculous number and try to power up on each, it will update.
-Silence will fall-

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Need a sig? Want one of the ones on display in the spoiler edited for your use? Just ask.

http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=174250 feedback
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Thanks Angelis for pointing me in the right direction, i was indeed being small minded. Bad night last night, spilled out on to forum. Bad show. All apologies.

In the light of my negative response i'm very relieved to see a lot of positive ones!

EDIT: Despite my initial reaction would it be possible to throw a small suggestion out there? Thank-you. Could we perhaps be able to continue through the tiers without pressing the claim reward button?

EDIT II: Young Entity - Attained a TOC of over 300 million
(i have no idea what this means and so have no way of knowing how to achieve it). Until someone takes the time to write a glossary i think acronyms should be avoided if this update is to be as effective as it promises to be. The next achieve also has acronym MNEC which i have no idea about.

EDIT III: those awesome tooltips seem to stop after Insignificant Beings. That would be the perfect place to add glossary items.

EDIT IV: Significant Being is where it all turns blue for the newb and it is entirely down to the limiters. Thing a) Affects thing b) Affects thing c) etc. How do you achieve a 20 quad attack when as soon as your realm hits 3 billion it becomes excruciatingly hard? I have a 200mil supra planet strike (top tier weap) and backed up by a 1170 Offensive Power Level. This grants me HALF of what i need. If i'm farming to improve CER to get the planets i need (another 200mil) then i can't rightly be plugging into OPLs can i?

I'm almost tempted to create a new account in main and ascend with it, just to test it all out and find out if it is even fun. If i hadn't already spent this much time on my ascended account, i'm not sure i'd bother.

That said, this update has to be one of the most well thought out updates i have ever known in all these years.

The above is only a small reminder of what it is like to get into ascension and to see it as anything more than a way to get bonuses in main (which IS what we're essentially talking about, right)?
Last edited by GhostyGoo on Fri May 18, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
pc
Fledgling Forumer

I am stuck on .. Entered at least 1 tournament
What can I do to fake that one :)
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

pc wrote:I am stuck on .. Entered at least 1 tournament

Try checking the tournament results? Long shot.

Just refreshing the achievements page worked for me for that one. Have you been in a tournament? There is faking and there is faking :smt018
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
pc
Fledgling Forumer

GhostyGoo wrote:
pc wrote:I am stuck on .. Entered at least 1 tournament

Try checking the tournament results? Long shot.

Just refreshing the achievements page worked for me for that one. Have you been in a tournament? There is faking and there is faking :smt018

I did check out the tournament results...did not work.
And I have not been in a tournament yet.

Thanks for the reply
Sol
Forum Addict

pc wrote:And I have not been in a tournament yet.

That's why ;)

When I say enter at least 1 tournament, it implies that you need to enter at least 1 tournament :P. You cannot fake it, or skip it. The idea of having achievements is to be able to achieve something whether it is on your path to glory or not.
The point is, doesn't matter where you are, small or big, there will always be a challenge along the way that will bust your nuts to do. Whether it's gaining 30 trill in your cache, or building a 3 bill TOC or 500 mill CER, the perfect account is one which is balanced on all prospects. I'm not going to tailor make the achievements sets for certain glass cannon accounts.

@Ghostgoo, unfortunately I don't hold the time to make this flawless so yeah, nor the time to reply within a decent time frame, @EDIT: claiming rewards must be done, coding wise it's easier, plus i don't care. @Edit II,III, ya i know, but we have a forum after all yeah? i'm pretty sure the 300 mods need something to do. @all other edits, review what i said above :P.
also forgot to mention, TOC=total offensive capacity = god attack action, a mix of attack power and skill levels and mnec (max natural energy capacity), HU have a wicked calc that finds the cheapest way to upgrade it.

As for the ladies that keep tripping balls about increasing powerups because they think that will get there achievements checked....read my previous posts damn it. Every time i make an update i always remember why AJ keeps well away from the forum ](*,) .
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

ANG (27) wrote:Just put in a ridiculous number and try to power up on each, it will update.
Exactly. :-D Cheap as a button.
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

goo wrote:Could we perhaps be able to continue through the tiers without pressing the claim reward button?

Yes please!

goo wrote:MNEC and TOC?! WHAT ARE THEY?!

Good point. I agree that the full names should be put in seeing as this is update is designed at first to help new players.
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Has powered up to at least level 50 in all personal levels

Not sure why I havent been given that one already...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Andy! wrote:Has powered up to at least level 50 in all personal levels

Not sure why I havent been given that one already...
Read the thread. Each new challenge needs a check of your powerups. Say you want to buy 5 MNEC updates (to name something expensive) and it will check all of your powerups.
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Stored over 30 trill life force cache at once

Does that mean you have to put it in at one time (As in one trade) or you have to have 30T in your cache at any one time?
Sol
Forum Addict

Andy! wrote:Stored over 30 trill life force cache at once

Does that mean you have to put it in at one time (As in one trade) or you have to have 30T in your cache at any one time?

There has to exist 30 trill life force in your cache at some point in time, so no it doesn't have to be done at once :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

I am trying to be more constructive Sol - if i knew the acronyms i'd gladly donate my time to write tooltips for you to just copy/paste. I'm being genuine here, i tend to think online sarcasm is something between sign language for the blind and a blunt pencil. Right, Jim?

The "can we progress through tiers without taking rewards" idea was actually part of a bigger idea which, or at least i thought, would perhaps make this update even more exciting for the newbs (and oldies actually).

Basically, why can't we see the tier above the one we are currently on? If we could do that and, like i am, we are slamming everything into 500 million CER for the current tier we'd be able to see what we're going to be aiming at next. Get people forward thinking and keeping players interested. On top of that, if i'd known the next tier was going to ask me to achieve a 500 mill CER i certainly would not have spent my 4 quad reward the way did - fortune, in this case, certainly does not favour the bold.

I know what you mean about the forums but sadly a lot of players simply don't use them; forums are not for everyone. The tooltips ARE awesome and apart from time consumption i cannot think for the life of me why they stop at tier 3.

For anyone who cares to read what i've figured out and can't seem to understand Angelis' seemingly simple instruction, i have found that overkilling as Angelis nicely puts it is not necessary. You can simply enter a zero in the field.

Example: Achievement wants Built at least a 500 Cosmic Expansion Rate (Recommended 9 charisma and 386 fleets) - simply enter a zero in the World Acquisition Front number field and buy.
Better still and aslo tested,
Example II: Achievements wants Built at least a 500 Cosmic Expansion Rate (Recommended 9 charisma and 386 fleets) + Power up to at least level 10 in every personal level, bar attack power and attack skill levels + Powerup ALL physical levels to at least 10 - if all of this has already been met go to your PowerUp page, enter a zero in any field and click to buy. This action will achieve Personals, Charisma AND Physicals in one handy click.

I hope this helps.

Andy! - i can't find that one so i assume it is in a later tier although not sure why, it is certainly achievable for me. More achievable than 500 mill CER lol. I expect it won't matter if it goes in bit by bit or as a lump sum as long as you have 30T in there at any one time.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise
Sol
Forum Addict

GhostyGoo wrote:I am trying to be more constructive Sol - if i knew the acronyms i'd gladly donate my time to write tooltips for you to just copy/paste. I'm being genuine here, i tend to think online sarcasm is something between sign language for the blind and a blunt pencil. Right, Jim?

The "can we progress through tiers without taking rewards" idea was actually part of a bigger idea which, or at least i thought, would perhaps make this update even more exciting for the newbs (and oldies actually).

Ya I can understand the tooltips, although my aim was to include the defined form of a word before i use its shortened term, something for me to do in the future, although i tried to, so i probably have forgot to do some :P.
As for the look ahead, well, that's the beauty of it, you have to take the challenges as they come. Expect the worst. I'm not keen on making this a walk in the park for anyone, they are challenges, this is a side attraction of the game, and no one needs to follow it. Basically as i said, it's to help noobs understand a bit and to give something for people to do, and challenges for others. ALL of you will get to a point where it will take ages to move on, regardless of how you play it out. Of that i can guarantee, so it wont matter.

GhostyGoo wrote:For anyone who cares to read what i've figured out and can't seem to understand Angelis' seemingly simple instruction, i have found that overkilling as Angelis nicely puts it is not necessary. You can simply enter a zero in the field.

Example: Achievement wants Built at least a 500 Cosmic Expansion Rate (Recommended 9 charisma and 386 fleets) - simply enter a zero in the World Acquisition Front number field and buy.
Better still and aslo tested,
Example II: Achievements wants Built at least a 500 Cosmic Expansion Rate (Recommended 9 charisma and 386 fleets) + Power up to at least level 10 in every personal level, bar attack power and attack skill levels + Powerup ALL physical levels to at least 10 - if all of this has already been met go to your PowerUp page, enter a zero in any field and click to buy. This action will achieve Personals, Charisma AND Physicals in one handy click.

I hope this helps.

I'm partly confused...is this a 'work around' for an achievement to be crossed off? or is it so the achievement will be 'checked' to see if it needs crossing off or not? If it's the latter then just visiting the page will do.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict

Honours and Awards

Workaround no!.. no cheating from Old Gooey brains Sir! I use chrome at the moment for no particular reason (why do people always include a reason there?) and i found that visiting the page simply wasn't enough.

I had achievements open in one tab and tabbed to powerup, refreshed achievements, no soup. Did the zero in the field, bought, refreshed achievements, SOUPS! Mmmm. Soup.

It could be a number of things at my end though causing this. As i say, Chrome browser for one. Then there is my god awful pay as you go dongle which is like Dialup with a nail banged through each foot. Then there's my laptop which, frankly, might as well BE one of afforementioned nails.
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
Energise

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”