2012 August

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Nigatsu_Aka
Forum Elder

Re: 2012 August

fem fatale wrote:not too sure about the new 5b limit though, guess you can't please everyone..

Speaking of that, a dynamic cap would be much better than setting it manually to 10% of the top account each time they/someone "beats" the system. :)

Not wanting to imply that admin has any favoritisms. :-"
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:
fem fatale wrote:not too sure about the new 5b limit though, guess you can't please everyone..

Speaking of that, a dynamic cap would be much better than setting it manually to 10% of the top account each time they/someone "beats" the system. :)

Not wanting to imply that admin has any favoritisms. :-"

It was a DDE member who suggested the change ;)
A dynamic cap would be a better way to go, but it has only been changed 3 times since the game started 6 odd years ago. It's hardly necessary.

@femme, the cap has been out for ages, and it was discussed for awhile.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

lol I only know about the increase to 3b.. I don't follow all the discussions about changes, ppl start taking percentages and ratios and my mind crashes :D

a question about APP and turns
1. 18000 is minimum to refill, does that refill all or is it partical

2. is 4k still the max amount of turns you can have (I was asked this on msn, but had no clue about the new Market Turn option for converting g&r to APP) I haven't played main in months.

how is APP calculated naturally on ascended.. I know I get some building up but how long would 18000 normally take?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Sol
Forum Addict

fem fatale wrote:lol I only know about the increase to 3b.. I don't follow all the discussions about changes, ppl start taking percentages and ratios and my mind crashes :D

2. is 4k still the max amount of turns you can have (I was asked this on msn, but had no clue about the new Market Turn option for converting g&r to APP) I haven't played main in months.

how is APP calculated naturally on ascended.. I know I get some building up but how long would 18000 normally take?

1. 18,000 is min, you trade everything you have (assuming you have 18k+) for a full refill. end of.

2. yes. If it changed then there would have been a warning in the update.
APP is naturally gained at the same rate for everyone i think... Just wait a turn change and find out how much you get.

Ya know there is nothing wrong with a bit of trial and error ;)
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

unless demi's are involved... then trial and error sucks -_- 205q defence (rank 1) dropped in 6 mins, no demi requests #-o

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TF HC
Race: Tollan
ID: 1936322

Sol wrote:
fem fatale wrote:lol I only know about the increase to 3b.. I don't follow all the discussions about changes, ppl start taking percentages and ratios and my mind crashes :D

1. 18,000 is min, you trade everything you have (assuming you have 18k+) for a full refill. end of.

WOW!!! I was just about to do that with 4T LF worth of APP thinking it was only going to take 18K :smt104
fem fatale thank you so much you just saved my life :smt060
Such is Life
00:46:30 on 22nd Jun Executed EnterTheLion
06:03:41 on 4th Apr Descended High Empty
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Mar 15, 23:04 Kikaz Destroy Military Repelled 6,283,641,911
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Ascended Arena Wins: 5
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Master_Splinter wrote:
Sol wrote:

WOW!!! I was just about to do that with 4T LF worth of APP thinking it was only going to take 18K :smt104
"The 'exchange rate' is 408,620 life force for each 1 Ascension power point."

4T isn't enough APP ;)
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

[BoT] Jason wrote:"The 'exchange rate' is 408,620 life force for each 1 Ascension power point."

4T isn't enough APP ;)

You may have mixed up your billions and trillions there ;) 18,000 APP means 7,355,160,000 LF - that's 7 bil., not tril.
Gone, left, no longer here.
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular

Preem Palver wrote:
[BoT] Jason wrote:"The 'exchange rate' is 408,620 life force for each 1 Ascension power point."

4T isn't enough APP ;)

You may have mixed up your billions and trillions there ;) 18,000 APP means 7,355,160,000 LF - that's 7 bil., not tril.

nop I just ascended so yes 4T LF :smt047
Such is Life
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
hokiehomeboy: i taught MS many things, along the way he learned to be a bad ass mother **Filtered**
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Master_Splinter wrote:
Preem Palver wrote:

4T isn't enough APP ;)

As you can see, I was replying to the Jason :) 18,000 APP is 7 bil. LF, while your 4 trillions means about 10 million APP - I figured it was obviously from an ascension, so I didn't mention it.
Sol
Forum Addict

APP -> LF has a different rate for everyone
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Master_Splinter
Forum Irregular

Preem Palver wrote:
Master_Splinter wrote:
Preem Palver wrote:

4T isn't enough APP ;)

As you can see, I was replying to the Jason :) 18,000 APP is 7 bil. LF, while your 4 trillions means about 10 million APP - I figured it was obviously from an ascension, so I didn't mention it.

sorry didnt look that hard :P #-o
Such is Life
2013 Award
Spoiler

2012 Award
Spoiler
Sphinx42
Goa'uld

Sol wrote:APP -> LF has a different rate for everyone

Is the rate exchange rate different, or the generation rate? 'Cause it says almost the same thing for me on Cosmic Trade ("The 'exchange rate' is 408,630 life force for each 1 Ascension power point."). And if I do the math (LF I would get from the exchange right now/APP I have), it also works out.
Sol
Forum Addict

Preem Palver wrote:
Sol wrote:APP -> LF has a different rate for everyone

Is the rate exchange rate different, or the generation rate? 'Cause it says almost the same thing for me on Cosmic Trade ("The 'exchange rate' is 408,630 life force for each 1 Ascension power point."). And if I do the math (LF I would get from the exchange right now/APP I have), it also works out.

generation of APP and LF is the same i believe, the actual exchange rate differs between people.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Master_Splinter wrote:
Sol wrote:

lol your welcome, just got to get that 18k myself.. generating about 1k a day atm :(
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”