2012 September

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: 2012 September

marshall wrote:Now that statement I dont agree with ;) Sol is the best thing to happen to ascended since it was released 5+ years ago, he's an active and dedicated game admin and is devoting a lot of his time to improve the server - which is just what ascended needs.
+1 Absolutely.
marshall wrote:That being said... I think he's made a mistake on this one, but where he is a good admin, hopefully he'll take our feedback on board and adapt it appropriately ^_^
Or we adapt.
:-D
Borek
Forum Addict

No Juliette, this is not something we can adapt too, SoL needs to reverse this change and ramp up the CS costs by just a factor of 10 to start with so we can see how that is, if it's not enough it can be bumped up again, but starting with a 1000 fold increase is just ridiculous and NO ONE wants this, period.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

Indeed, it would make Command Stars essentially useless as they cannot be maintained and still have cost effective farming - as someone said earlier, all it does is promote farming of inactives.

What we're looking at is having to fork out a couple of quint to get the uber CS for the higher achievement levels and then never use it again as its simply not worth arming at the price we're currently talking about. That only adaption would be to adapt to not bother about command stars, and I dont feel that is the intention of the released update ;)

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

marshall wrote:Indeed, it would make Command Stars essentially useless as they cannot be maintained and still have cost effective farming - as someone said earlier, all it does is promote farming of inactives.

What we're looking at is having to fork out a couple of quint to get the uber CS for the higher achievement levels and then never use it again as its simply not worth arming at the price we're currently talking about. That only adaption would be to adapt to not bother about command stars, and I dont feel that is the intention of the released update ;)

Or make an update that gives more dmu per 1 planet and per 1 power level to help out, which would just make accounts more powerful. ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Freestyle304
Forum Regular
ID: 1922793
Alternate name(s): Newgrounds: Meechum

marshall wrote:Now that statement I dont agree with ;) Sol is the best thing to happen to ascended since it was released 5+ years ago, he's an active and dedicated game admin and is devoting a lot of his time to improve the server - which is just what ascended needs.

That being said... I think he's made a mistake on this one, but where he is a good admin, hopefully he'll take our feedback on board and adapt it appropriately ^_^

I agree with both of the above statements. Sol has been a great asset to Ascended, and the balance on this change is way off.

Obviously, on a change of this sort, initial negative feedback would have been expected, and I expect that Sol would have made a decision to weather it for a while and see how things pan out before making further modifications. I know I would have. However, I think that, in this case, the adjustment was far enough off that it was immediately clear and that reevaluating the change should occur right away.

I won't put on airs and do it myself, but I recommend that Sol put up the suggested poll where people could vote on what level of adjustment to try out. I think the most common suggestions, as I am recalling range from 10x-100x the original costs - so maybe 10, 20, 50, 100, 500, & 1000? And post an in-game message so active players will know to come vote on the proposal.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

wep costs have been reduced, would have done it sooner but been busy as hell.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Sol wrote:wep costs have been reduced, would have done it sooner but been busy as hell.
:smt050 You are Sol. You have a life. We cannot demand you fix 'problem A' at OUR leisure.. have to remember you are doing this as a hobby. :-D

Thanks! :D
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:
Sol wrote:wep costs have been reduced, would have done it sooner but been busy as hell.
:smt050 You are Sol. You have a life. We cannot demand you fix 'problem A' at OUR leisure.. have to remember you are doing this as a hobby. :-D

Quite right, though i must say that he shouldnt have made the price so high and should have gone with the price he did say he was going to do. Thus no need to fix it and he could get things done in rl. ;)
Spoiler
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Rudy Pena wrote:
Juliette wrote:

Quite right, though i must say that he shouldnt have made the price so high and should have gone with the price he did say he was going to do. Thus no need to fix it and he could get things done in rl. ;)
But if the higher price would not have been such a problem, you would not have complained..
So.. a lower price might have led to worse feedback. :D
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict

Juliette wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Juliette wrote:

But if the higher price would not have been such a problem, you would not have complained..
So.. a lower price might have led to worse feedback. :D

Thats another look at it. 8-[
Spoiler
Spoiler
Borek
Forum Addict

It's back to reasonable costs now, so thanks SoL for listening, appreciate it.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
byrne_1
Forum Irregular
Alliance: TL
ID: 0

Seems fair with new price. :)
prsko
Forum Irregular

Thx Sol :)
wardyward
Forum Irregular
ID: 52142

New price is better, still costlier but not insanely expensive, the attack and defense weapon cost needs updating on the planetary fleet page, if your gonna do the CS you may aswell do the planetary fleets page, however I understand why you havent already, as people would benefit massively from already stored weapons.
ID 52142
marshall
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Omega Allegiance
Race: 100m sprint
ID: 42274

easy way around that would to be to increase only the purchase price and not the selling price ;)

nice 'fix' on the CS costs btw sol ^_^ you're a star

Jedi~Tank wrote:I GOT WRECKED BY MARSHIE

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”