2012 September

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

2012 September

Shortly there will exist an update of main in ascended, namely the resource images (just for dmu though), to hinder any pre-existing, or players that are considering, scripting.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: 2012 September

Damn, there goes my impeccable farming record. :mad:
Sol
Forum Addict

Hopefully it's a bit more faster than AJ's, still though, I ran it on dial up speeds and it loaded in a reasonable time frame.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
EbilCC
Forum Addict

it wont slow much on ascended as the chances of you being caught farming on ascended even though less players is small compared to main

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

=D> anything that stops those damn script users is a big plus :)

WD once again Sol :smt058
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Sol
Forum Addict

What's it like for everyone?
Loads the images a tad slower than the rest of my page, but it seems fine.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 6225

Why are the ids on a god quest done the same?

Image Image Image
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:What's it like for everyone?
Loads the images a tad slower than the rest of my page, but it seems fine.

Isn't there an "alttext" option for images, where the dmu amount can be placed into, for those whose images take a while to load? It would still block any scripters, while allowing those with slower connections to still be able to see the amounts reasonably.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Sol
Forum Addict

@angelis, to stop crawlers creating lists of main IDs to ascended IDs

@haz, that would put us back to square one, alt would produce a numerical representation of dmu in the source, basically displaying it again if images were blocked or loaded slowly.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Sol wrote:@angelis, to stop crawlers creating lists of main IDs to ascended IDs

@haz, that would put us back to square one, alt would produce a numerical representation of dmu in the source, basically displaying it again if images were blocked or loaded slowly.

Didn't think about that... I'll just be over here --> :P
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Borek
Forum Addict

Umm why on earth did you make command star parts so expensive? I had some putz farm me last night with a 20q comm star strike, took 160t off me (fair enough under the old costs), he loses:

296966 Enegry Vortex Shields on my Star!-371,207,500,000,000 dmu worth

i lose:

104166 Enegry Vortex Shields on Devourer!
Blowing through the defenses, it also destroyed 238150 Black Hole String Weapons!

Which is 130,207,500,000,000 + 262,155,520,000,000 = 524,311,040,000,000dmu

I'm sorry SOL but that is absolutely ridiculous, you just made farming active accounts completely pointless, anyone with enough volleys on their comm star to do minimal damage to shields will cost someone farming zero defense accounts more than they steal assuming they have a comm star built up to get achievements which i assume most active players will do.

Who asked for this?

Also what happens when the next arena comes round, it's was hard enough keeping a command star up before the last arena, now we get people with 50q command stars starting off with one that big and being able to mass down 20-30 wiuth 1 turn attacks before theirs is also dropped, this is a HUGE advantage, at least before you could hit a couple of people for some gimp DMU and rebuild, now, forget it! May aswell not even waste my time in the next Arena, you just gifted a win to one of the 4-5 people who have a beast command star, rest of us just had a slim chance dropped to do chance.

*slow claps*
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Sol
Forum Addict

Borek wrote:Umm why on earth did you make command star parts so expensive? I had some putz farm me last night with a 20q comm star strike, took 160t off me (fair enough under the old costs), he loses:

296966 Enegry Vortex Shields on my Star!-371,207,500,000,000 dmu worth

i lose:

104166 Enegry Vortex Shields on Devourer!
Blowing through the defenses, it also destroyed 238150 Black Hole String Weapons!

Which is 130,207,500,000,000 + 262,155,520,000,000 = 524,311,040,000,000dmu

I'm sorry SOL but that is absolutely ridiculous, you just made farming active accounts completely pointless, anyone with enough volleys on their comm star to do minimal damage to shields will cost someone farming zero defense accounts more than they steal assuming they have a comm star built up to get achievements which i assume most active players will do.

Farming wasn't made pointless, CS's just don't have a pivotal role in farming now, you can still farm effectively without a CS. And whether you choose to take on decently sized command stars while farming is up to you, but expect some cost. In war they will still play a crucial role. They are an EASILY renewable source, far faster and greater than planets.

Borek wrote:Also what happens when the next arena comes round

Take a look around and find the original thread. It isnt hard.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Borek
Forum Addict

ahh nice, the traditional "not interested in feedback" approach. Sorry mate but command stars are not able to be noticed before you attack someone, it is not possible to know if someone has one built up or not before you strike unless you are hitting the same people over and over.

But then again that was my point, you have relegated farming back to hitting inactives once again, ruining the profit in hitting built up accounts which reduces tensions and dulls the game down.

As for Arena's then someone joining with a huge command star effectively is walking into the Arena with 3-400quads worth of DMU advantage over anyone who has no command star or a very small one. Ergo waste of time even bothering to enter unless you alreayd have a top account.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Sol, maybe it is an idea to add the Command Star to the Spy reports? :)
Sol
Forum Addict

Borek wrote:ahh nice, the traditional "not interested in feedback" approach. Sorry mate but command stars are not able to be noticed before you attack someone, it is not possible to know if someone has one built up or not before you strike unless you are hitting the same people over and over.

If you are farming inactives then you can easily assume a dead CS after you knocked it down a few notches, otherwise you will have to be wary of active people, the cost goes both ways as well, there is nothing to say the active person you are farming won't rebuild their CS anyway.

Borek wrote:As for Arena's then someone joining with a huge command star effectively is walking into the Arena with 3-400quads worth of DMU advantage over anyone who has no command star or a very small one. Ergo waste of time even bothering to enter unless you alreayd have a top account.

Again, read the other thread.

Perhaps make a suggestion instead of complaining.

@juliette, I could...but some things should be left up to chance :P, there is nothing really against it, but the same occurs in main and that has worked out just fine. Perhaps making another thread and adding an option for voting would see the upsides/downsides better.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”