Post Tournament updates

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Am Heh
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 1920361

Re: Post Tournament updates

I do not really see the need for this, no extra power just more cost. Instead of 1 hit buying weapons it takes 3, combined with the fact you removed the power factor for attacking. These updates are rather useless.
I give peace for traders
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

prsko wrote:Will we be able to cancel ppt before it ends?

It will just be like a normal ppt, so yes. The only difference is the little green man that sits at his computer during turn change will not give out income to the players, just your normal turns, planets, life forcies etc.

@Am heh, see the linked thread...wherever it is...a few have posted it, logically weapons shouldn't be so low that you can equip your whole army in a few TC's, let alone the dmu kept out is so poor no one attacks it. On the other side it makes sabbing practically useless, so increasing weapon costs would actually effect someone slightly when sabbed and hopefully stop or minimalize overloading of weapons (not the fact people use it as a form of dmu storage, that I don't care about)

@byrne. Yes, my sales have plummeted lately :roll:. There aren't too many stockpilers and sellers, I would think most just sell and farm simultaneously.

Also people you need to realize this won't really effect dmu storing through weapons, if you stop typing, and really get that brain working, nothing will be changed, things will just be scaled. So in essence you can store less weapons for the same value as you would pre-update. Whether you get massed to hell or not is your own problem.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Sol
Forum Addict

The Update wont be before Nov 28th, most likely will occur very early Nov 28th.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
prsko
Forum Irregular

Cool
Am Heh
Forum Expert

Sol wrote:
@Am heh, see the linked thread...wherever it is...a few have posted it, logically weapons shouldn't be so low that you can equip your whole army in a few TC's, let alone the dmu kept out is so poor no one attacks it. On the other side it makes sabbing practically useless, so increasing weapon costs would actually effect someone slightly when sabbed and hopefully stop or minimalize overloading of weapons (not the fact people use it as a form of dmu storage, that I don't care about)

:smt043 :smt043 If you think people will start using stab because of this update, it will still be useless with the update. All this update will do is make better farms (aka increasing dmu generation, cough cough this is the reason why ascended got screwed up in the first place DMU generation), which will equal more DMU out which will just saturate Ascended even more. Reason why main doesnt have the problems with weapons costs is because you can not increase how effective miners are. Newgrounds will also have this same issue because you can improve income growth. :smt117
I give peace for traders
Sol
Forum Addict

Am Heh wrote:
Sol wrote:

:smt043 :smt043 If you think people will start using stab because of this update, it will still be useless with the update.

Be cool if there was a function called stab. And no I don't expect people to start using sabotage just from one update, but it will at least provide a viable option, otherwise I might as well remove it. If someone wants to put quads of dmu on the line to protect themselves from sab attempts then by all means they can. You seem to think that will still be fine so do it ;).

And how will this provide more dmu generation? (With the exception of the income produced by UU, which I stated I'll increase slightly).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Am Heh
Forum Expert

Quite a bit of people out there with untrained UU, seen some with 12B planets untrained. Probably more, because I just do not care to look.

If you want to fix ascended, weapon costs is not the way. The main problem with ascended has always been "Production Enhancements". You can change all these numbers, but your going to have to change them again because production levels will keep going up and up and make your update worthless.
I give peace for traders
Sol
Forum Addict

Am Heh wrote:Quite a bit of people out there with untrained UU, seen some with 12B planets untrained. Probably more, because I just do not care to look.

What's your point? You do realize untrained planets already do produce income right?
Am Heh wrote:If you want to fix ascended, weapon costs is not the way. The main problem with ascended has always been "Production Enhancements". You can change all these numbers, but your going to have to change them again because production levels will keep going up and up and make your update worthless.

I'm not altering income in general to counter the increasing cost of weapons. I'm increasing it slightly due to the increase in cost of CS and weps, the increase in activity of ascended, the diminishing farms etc, just to ease peoples minds about everything increasing and the general farming prospects being destroyed.

I could successfully integrate this update without the need to increase UU income rates, since I matched CS and these weps to prices people can easily farm, in fact for every 100 mill supers in defence you would only need to attack 1 decent player (~300 t dmu per player), that isn't hard to do. But starting small is better than starting large.

Production levels do not follow a linear path either, yes they do go up but for someone to go from 1-500 could take a week, 500-1000 could take a month, 1000-1500 could take 6 months and 1500-2000 could take a year or 2. So finding the right scale for increasing weapons will do justice for a few years. THAT I can handle. Although the same could be said for everything else in the game, and there has been alterations to accommodate for latent effects.

Altering production levels would be a far worse idea then altering weapon prices anyway. It would kill off growth for a massive proportion of players, of course allowing for smaller users to catch up, but that is still nothing in comparison for leading the majority of active players into stagnation.

Ascended will never be 'fixed' in absolute truth, and there is nothing I can do about it, but some people could easily argue it is already 'fixed'. It's completely subject to your opinion. That term is loosely thrown around now and I generally disregard it.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Borek
Forum Addict

Why cannot people just cancel the stupid ppt? Who wants to sit at 4k turns for 2 days doing squat, even if there's only 20 other people off ppt at least they can do SOMETHING for those 2 days. The whole point in this appears to be to get the weapon increase pushed through without letting people abuse the price rise for profit, you have done that, the 2 days on ppt is not required by anyone and should be at the discretion of the users to cancel, not be forced to last 2 days especially when we make no income for that time.

If we want the income we should be allowed to drop the ppt and accept the risk that we may be farmed by others doing so.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
Sol
Forum Addict

Borek wrote:Why cannot people just cancel the stupid ppt?

...they can?
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Angelis~
Forum Irregular
ID: 6225

Was it supposed to sell off all my strike weapons?

Had a billion of them and not looking forward to farming 3.5 quad for my strike..

:mad:

Image Image Image
Sol
Forum Addict

Angelis~ wrote:Was it supposed to sell off all my strike weapons?

Had a billion of them and not looking forward to farming 3.5 quad for my strike..

:mad:

yes.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Angelis~
Forum Irregular

Ah, thats nice.

Not.

:smt018

Image Image Image
Sol
Forum Addict

3rd dot point down...

* When the ppt commences, all weapons will be sold at the pre-update selling price,......

The idea of selling weapons is to stop people buying them beforehand and then selling them. As happened last time. Why would attack weapons be any exception.

EDIT
For the ease of killing off ppt's, I turned it into a button.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Angelis~
Forum Irregular

I figured you'd do the same as the defense weapons... sell of any extras and keep what you have planets for. That would be logical...

E.g If I had 500 mill super defs and 2 bill defence weps, 1.5 bill def weps will be sold. The powerful weapons will be the last to go of course.

Image Image Image

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”