APP - > LF continuous function

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
Slim87R
Forum Expert

Re: APP - > LF continuous function

Sol wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Sol wrote:
Clockwork wrote:
Sol wrote:I do play the game :P I actually have two accounts 8-[.

OMG multi! :P

Multies are aloud :P, only two though.

And only through playing Newgrounds right? RIGHT?

I did, I was one of the first to play newgrounds (not even sure if Juliette was on there before I was...).

You were the one that was always under PPT correct? Oh wait, that was Forum.
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Slim87R wrote:
Sol wrote:
Slim87R wrote:
Sol wrote:
Clockwork wrote:
Sol wrote:I do play the game :P I actually have two accounts 8-[.

OMG multi! :P

Multies are aloud :P, only two though.

And only through playing Newgrounds right? RIGHT?

I did, I was one of the first to play newgrounds (not even sure if Juliette was on there before I was...).

You were the one that was always under PPT correct? Oh wait, that was Forum.

yup, I'm hardcore so I usually stay off ppt.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Xiaoli
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): KayKay

Yes yes Sol, you do 'play'. For what that is worth. If you can't see the difference between a dev account who has no real play and a real account then pfff.
Fixing the LF to the amount of planets is hilarious at best. This means anyone still ascending can't wage war anymore, and is better off just keeping there account statless, because of the already stupid slow growth in ascended. Great thinking there. Nobody wants to wait a year to spend LF, gathered in 3 months in main. This game was about effort = reward. Now it is $ = reward or effort = waiting till you grow old.
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

this sounded cool at first but now that i have ascended again, i have to say im not a fan. would actually be just fine if there was still the option to take all the LF if you need it. as it is now, i wouldnt get it all the APP until its time to ascend again... and maybe im still doing it wrong but the points i got for ascending was rather dissappointing IMO, i can farm up what i got for ascending in 10 mins...

another question is about my fleets. seems that since i passed the 5bil planets mark, my fleets "shrunk" it is correct on my introspection page, but on the main page its like i am losing 200mil planets/day... can you help me understand that?
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

KOS wrote:another question is about my fleets. seems that since i passed the 5bil planets mark, my fleets "shrunk" it is correct on my introspection page, but on the main page its like i am losing 200mil planets/day... can you help me understand that?

Perfectly normal. After you reach 5b planet size, your rate of growth slows. You can see your actual growth rate on your 'Cosmic Development' page, just under the number of fleets you have.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

The problem is, you need someone with a profound understanding of game dynamics.

Someone who can balance the loud voices and entrenched interests of established players, yet who has a fresh mind and understands the need to bring new players a meaningful experience.

Someone who can hold the whole picture in their head, and balance the conflicting requirements of a disparate group, including those who do not have a voice. Someone who can cut code, dance through the politics, work for nothing, listen to players and know when to ignore them.

Walking on water, turning it into wine, and converting vitamin pills into amphetamines are optional extras.

Sol is way cool.
St Francis of Ausicci might get tempted to kick dogs given the difficulty and pressures of the job.
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

thanks, i do see that now about the fleets. and i guess the APP is not a huge loss, i will just need to show up in a lot more logs to get where i want. actually, other than in the main server, an ascension doesn't help at all, looks like we get the same amount of APP from ascending as we would just spending the gnr and market turn, and not ascend... but then that would hurt your main...

i have no use for extra turns at my lvl i guess, never needed any extra and am close to popping into the top 10 for most hostile players... my new goal!
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

I cannot agree with anything in Xiaoli's first line.

After that he raises some good points.

You know the flag I fly, new players, new energy, new consumers of SS and in-game trade.

In ASC, especially we have no reason to fear some punk with his mothers credit card upsetting the whole apple cart.
APP -> LF protects us from the commercial realities of main. They could buy billions of trillions of NAQ, ascend powerfully a few times a day, having worked out the system well enough to do it. If someone wants to spend a few thousand dollars to play with the big dogs? why stop them?

My concern is, what are the reasonable barriers to being able to play. How many dollars, how many hours, how many years?

The imaginary punk above would still get beaten **Filtered**, unless he found a way of buying undecendable straight off.
Even then?
Sol
Forum Addict

Cwalen wrote:I cannot agree with anything in Xiaoli's first line.

After that he raises some good points.

You know the flag I fly, new players, new energy, new consumers of SS and in-game trade.

In ASC, especially we have no reason to fear some punk with his mothers credit card upsetting the whole apple cart.
APP -> LF protects us from the commercial realities of main. They could buy billions of trillions of NAQ, ascend powerfully a few times a day, having worked out the system well enough to do it. If someone wants to spend a few thousand dollars to play with the big dogs? why stop them?

My concern is, what are the reasonable barriers to being able to play. How many dollars, how many hours, how many years?

The imaginary punk above would still get beaten **Filtered**, unless he found a way of buying undecendable straight off.
Even then?

Said Imaginary punk would be waiting literally years to get his return in LF from his APP, if he ascended with a very beefed up main.
That is the only barrier as it is currently the only way $$ are apart of ascended (with the exception of p2p trades). I don't really see the need to cap it, if someone wants to spend a stack of mullah in main to - very slowly- appease his ascended being then he may.

100 trill per 10 bill equates to about 5 months to receive it all, what you gain is independent of how much APP you have, ergo ascending with more doesn't get you anywhere faster.
Even with 20 odd bill planets you gain 100 trill about a week or two faster.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

That is what I like about this function.

No more shot of steroids in the side of the eye.
No more weird arbitrary 5 month periods.

Punks do not stand a chance of instant gratification, even if they have thousands of dollars for players or admin.

Ill restate till I am blue in the face, the fun is in being part of an active pack.

We want players to have fun, we either need to get them into our pack or, get them a pack of their own.

The logistics of packing up new players being beyond the scope of this thread. I focus on getting new people into the pack.
InTuItIoN
Fledgling Forumer

If I knew this update was on the horizon I wouldn't have wiped 30B planets from my expanse.

Just ascended again and this the has done next to nothing for me :(
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

so far works for me, :)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Warrsy
Fledgling Forumer
ID: 1993672

Just thought i'd ask seeing as i still don't really know much about this and i am still ascending...

I have 71t lfc waiting to convert so if i ascend in 3 weeks clearly not all of it will be converted. Does this mean that if i were to ascend again and get another 71t that it would stack or would it just top it up to 99t?

Sorry if it seems a stupid question.

Joe.
Sol
Forum Addict

Warrsy614 wrote:Just thought i'd ask seeing as i still don't really know much about this and i am still ascending...

I have 71t lfc waiting to convert so if i ascend in 3 weeks clearly not all of it will be converted. Does this mean that if i were to ascend again and get another 71t that it would stack or would it just top it up to 99t?

Sorry if it seems a stupid question.

Joe.

stack, there are no caps now.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

we planning on sorting the descending thing we all agreed upon like a month ago r is that forgotten, cos we all actually liked the idea 8-[
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”