APP - > LF continuous function

For discussion on balance, bugs, likes, dislikes of recently released features.
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

Re: APP - > LF continuous function

im only talking about the button for APP in main, if people are actually using that instead of playing ascended then prehaps they are being lazy :P and if its not your area man pass it on... im more or less wondering how things came to be this way, what was wrong in the first place?
Sol
Forum Addict
ID: 0

KOS wrote:im only talking about the button for APP in main, if people are actually using that instead of playing ascended then prehaps they are being lazy :P and if its not your area man pass it on... im more or less wondering how things came to be this way, what was wrong in the first place?
Ah I see :P
I think the answer is in the thread somewhere...
Basically AJ asked me to come up with a value, I wanted something relative to a persons size, i.e bigger they are more LF they should get. But AJ just wanted a straight out constant, so I had to find a mediocre value that wouldn't be extremely small or extremely large. I opted for a fairly smaller value, 1. because it's a good place to start and 2. So little ones don't get a massive cash injection of LF roids straight into their eyeball. Bigger guys can easily fend for themselves.

That's why it's like that :P, I have no control over it anyway, you will have to pester AJ (if at all possible).
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
KOS
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: TAF
Race: Bender
ID: 1918344

so basically what your saying is that everyone has been "spoiled" in a way and it is now going to the way it was meant to be. i think i get ya :) impossible to keep everyone happy in your job i bet, sorry to pester you lol
Sol
Forum Addict

KOS wrote:so basically what your saying is that everyone has been "spoiled" in a way and it is now going to the way it was meant to be. i think i get ya :) impossible to keep everyone happy in your job i bet, sorry to pester you lol
Considering GnR -> Cache was only created and not changed it isn't really going to what it was 'meant to be'. Otherwise, yes, i suppose a view of the many would be that people have been spoiled, but you could easily argue the intent behind the GnR to -> cache was only meant to be for smaller players.
I would have liked to scale it but I was not allowed :P
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

I just know that in a three week 4k turn buy I can get far more LF than I can get from APP.

I dont know how many planets I need before I break even on that one.
B0rg
Forum Grunt
Alliance: C.H.O.A.M.
Race: Tollan

Cwalen wrote:I just know that in a three week 4k turn buy I can get far more LF than I can get from APP.

I dont know how many planets I need before I break even on that one.
Disagreed.
It's true when you are ascending first 10 times. After that the ascension requirements grow much more higher and just building on main what's necessary to ascend gives you more APP than you are able to farm.

Besides, why are you all so afraid of letting new players grow quicker?
We all know it takes months for new players to just start being able to farm reasonable DMU amounts. And even after years of active playing they will not be any match for old players who have their accounts already built since on every occasion oldies have advantages - if they don't ascend anymore they can use turn refills to farm more. If they still do ascend they convert APP faster cause have more planets.
And someone still ascending will wait to convert APP for ages.

And 250 000 APP for 1000 GP is only useful if you use turn refill and want to speed it up by about 3 or 4 days. Otherwise it's pointless to use it, but again an advantage for older players, who don't need GP for ascending, but can speed up turn refill instead.

Taking all of these together one could say this game is only for ppl who started long time ago.
Drone in charge
I am the Beginning, the End.
The One who is Many.
I am Borg, I am the Collective.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Sol
Forum Addict

B0rg wrote:If they still do ascend they convert APP faster cause have more planets.
And someone still ascending will wait to convert APP for ages.
Yes, but all these 'big' people, can't ascend 20 odd times. In fact these big people probably could only squeeze in 1 or 2, if any at all. Even NG accounts can ascend a few times.

Yes they do already have a decent account compared to those that are starting, it also takes them ludicrous amounts of cache to grow just a tiny bit, you could throw k's of turns at them and they wont be able to hold the pace, it's not as if there is unlimited dmu out there as well ;).
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

B0rg wrote:Taking all of these together one could say this game is only for ppl who started long time ago.
Sort of yeah especially for arenas, etc. You have to consider also though how easy it is to snipe a large account if you are focused enough. You won't be descending them anytime soon but you can use a month's worth of your CER to snuff out 5 months of their growth.

The continuous function has grown on me. There are times where I really miss the 4k AT refill but there are times where I can barely spend my normal AT without hitting crap targets the farming on ASC gets so heavy.
B0rg
Forum Grunt

Sol wrote:Yes, but all these 'big' people, can't ascend 20 odd times. In fact these big people probably could only squeeze in 1 or 2, if any at all. Even NG accounts can ascend a few times.
Sure, but they already did that and got what they sacrificed. And got it instantly cause if we remember correctly this slower conversion of APP is not so old.
In other words you are saying that players who ascend now are to be punished because there are players who won't ascend anymore.
Sol wrote:Yes they do already have a decent account compared to those that are starting, it also takes them ludicrous amounts of cache to grow just a tiny bit, you could throw k's of turns at them and they wont be able to hold the pace, it's not as if there is unlimited dmu out there as well ;).
And that's the reason for slowing the growth of new players? Cause the growth of older players got so difficult? Everybody will get to that point at some time, but let them..
Drone in charge
The One who is Many.
I bring Order to Chaos.
B0rg
Forum Grunt

Sniperwax wrote:The continuous function has grown on me. There are times where I really miss the 4k AT refill but there are times where I can barely spend my normal AT without hitting crap targets the farming on ASC gets so heavy.
Not only your problem. Everybody has to deal with this.
And remember that what you name crap for some new players might be the only option.
Drone in charge
The One who is Many.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Sniperwax
Forum Regular

B0rg wrote:
Sniperwax wrote:The continuous function has grown on me. There are times where I really miss the 4k AT refill but there are times where I can barely spend my normal AT without hitting crap targets the farming on ASC gets so heavy.
Not only your problem. Everybody has to deal with this.
And remember that what you name crap for some new players might be the only option.
New players can do rather well with the new LFCF. It doesn't take very long to get it where you are getting almost 15b LF per TC. You can still grab 300Q DMU with your AT if you are conservative with your strikes. That's around 50t LF cache a month if you went straight stats but really you shouldn't this naq/cache combo is balanced fairly well for increasing CER in the correct increments of CEF and CHAR. There is still some dmu left over for a bit of CS and stats maybe a direct attack or two or three.

I don't know that numbers exist to back this up but in theory giving people a choice between the AT refill and the LFCF is good for everyone. I for one would throw in the towel and give up if I had to fight any harder than I already do for DMU. Hitting 90t targets would be the new norm.

Ascended NG mains get a second ASC account as well I believe? That means less farm targets and there are more than 25 or so active players on ASC now that means less targets. The old steroid in the eye ball system had to go to compensate or eventually 50t targets become desirable.
B0rg
Forum Grunt

That's your opinion and not everybody has to agree with this.

And another thing mentioned above. The question should be asked why there are only 25 or so active players on ascended server. Ring any bell? What's the point for someone new to start playing ascended when he knows that he won't be able to compete with old wolves for years..
Drone in charge
The One who is Many.
I bring Order to Chaos.
Cwalen
Fledgling Forumer

Borg sums it up well for me.

Before this change, I had a plan that could get me up to the pack.

After this change, I stopped logging in.

Take a stroll in my shoes?

Why would I log in and farm on a server when, after 7 years I would still be _FAR_ smaller than the people who took advantage of the rules as they were?

I will be stuck converting AP into Cache. Not buying turns to farm faster.
I will be at the mercy of anyone who wants to thug me.
I will be, after 7 years, 700 logins, 10 working weeks of time, not 20 K wealthier, but smaller than most, if not all of the 25.

Tell me there are enough masochists out there to put up with that?

25 active players? maybe an understatement, lets say 50?
Broken.
~Tziki~
Forum Addict
Alliance: The Order
Race: Drunken Monkey

SoL -

Looking at the conversion rates now, it seems to be a little too slow to logically justify.

For even a reasonable ascention it can take up 6 months or more to get the APP through fully.

for 2 weeks work on main you shouldnt have to wait 6 months to reap the benefits. If someone has all 20 ascentions to you, thats 10 years before they can say they've got their ascention points.

TEN YEARS TO GET YOUR APP!!

Thats ridiculous! in 10 years time the server will probably be dead!

I agree you shouldnt get it all at once as you put it "like a steroid injection to the eye" but it should take 10 years to get your APP for ascending from messiah to unknown which can take a year to do.

maybe a conversation of 1 month per ascention or something. but it should definatly be revisited.
--------
Scott - Harchester wrote:Kev is the Chuck Norris of Gatewars, He doesn't join active alliances - the active alliances join him.
Rodwolf
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: System Lord
ID: 1920808
Alternate name(s): *Het Licht Van Weleer - ID 1992112

~Tziki~ wrote:SoL -

Looking at the conversion rates now, it seems to be a little too slow to logically justify.

For even a reasonable ascention it can take up 6 months or more to get the APP through fully.

for 2 weeks work on main you shouldnt have to wait 6 months to reap the benefits. If someone has all 20 ascentions to you, thats 10 years before they can say they've got their ascention points.

TEN YEARS TO GET YOUR APP!!

Thats ridiculous! in 10 years time the server will probably be dead!

I agree you shouldnt get it all at once as you put it "like a steroid injection to the eye" but it should take 10 years to get your APP for ascending from messiah to unknown which can take a year to do.

maybe a conversation of 1 month per ascention or something. but it should definatly be revisited.
+1

I calculated that at the current rate I will get all the APP gathered on my NG multi's ascended in about 3 years.

Yes, 3 years...
Meh...

Return to “Discussion on Released Enhancements”